Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31505] Looking for descendants of Guri Syversdtr. Logsengardeie b.1860

Gjest Dave McPhail
 Del

Gjest Dave McPhail

Guri Syversdtr was the older sister of my ggramma Kersti (b.1866) and both were daughters of Syver Helgeson and Haldis Aslesdtr.Logsengardeie of Aal, Buskerud. When Kersti emigrated to Osage, Iowa in 1883, Guri may have been waiting for her because my dad remembers talk of an older sister who had emigrated earlier and then at some point,went back to Norway. Kersti became Carrie Severson and married a Swede, August Hultman in 1889 and raised 10 children on a farm south of Little Cedar in Mitchell county. My gramma Viola was #8.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Dave McPhail

Hi Tor, After looking back at your 'Emigranter over Kristiania 1871-1930' post on 7/18/05 about Guri Syversdtr. from Aal in 1880, I have a question. Since every emigrant on that page left Norway aboard the 'Angelo' for the US Midwest or Canada, do you have any information on the 'linje', D. Connelly, who was listed after every name? Because of his English name he probably was the agent who booked the emigrants from Oslo to London to settle in the American heartland. I'm still looking for records of Guri (Julia) in Mitchell county, Iowa, so any info on this Connelly dude or his company back then could be a great help. Mange takks, Dave McPhail

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor E Fredriksen

Hi Dave !Yes i think he was an agent for booking emigrants from norway via england ,.. his name was Daniel Conelly , [url="http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_agent.asp?ag=dacon>http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_agent.asp?ag=dacon , he was an agent for the Inman Line ,..Guri left on the april 30 1880 , on Angelo http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_route.asp?ro=W18 , with thise corresponding ships Lenke , so most likely she left on an Inman ship .. from Liverpool ,..This is a nice site for emigrants from norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave McPhail

Hi Tor, Takks for the info on Daniel Conelly and the Inman Line. It's another clue to track down Margit (Marit?) and Guri Syversdtrs. emigration to America on 30.04.1880 aboard the SS Angelo when they became Mary and Julia Severson and settled in St. Ansgar and Osage in Mitchell county, Iowa. According to my dad's fading memories, Mary Severson went back to Norway before the turn of the century so my question is: How do I find passenger records of Norwegians returning to the 'old country' during the late 1880s from the USA? Any info will help me solve the mystery of a missing branch in our Norwegian family tree. Best regards, Dave

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.