Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31550] Takks, Tor for Guri! Any Info on Kristi Syversdtr.(b. 1858) in Aal?

Gjest Dave McPhail
 Del

Gjest Dave McPhail

You solved a family mystery by showing that Guri emigrated to Iowa in 1880 with Marit. This explains the Julia and Mary on my old handwritten family tree. Another mystery is sister Christina and I have a NHDC 1865-telling for Aal 0619 on 'Luxengaardeie' showing a Kristi born in 1858 to Syver Holgesen and Haldis Aslesdatter. My ggramma Kersti/Carrie was born in 1866. The Syverhaugen has most of the 'Logsengardeie' info correct except for Kristi/Christina Syversdtr. I'm sure she stayed in Norway with the youngest sister Gunhild and would be much obliged for any help finding this missing piece of the American Severson family puzzle.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave McPhail

Dear Lars, Could Kristi's birthyear on the 1900-telling be incorrect? I'm sure she was older than my ggramma Kersti and I know a brother, Knut Syverson, who emigrated to Osage, Iowa, on 05.04.1888, was born in 1868. Or might this is be another Kristi Syversdtr. from Aal? Takks for your hjelp!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Ove Wangensteen

Hello DaveSyver and Haldis had 8 children:1)Ola, born 1875. In 1898 he was living in Norway.2)Margit, born 18/10-1855. In 1998 she was living in Norway.3)Guri, born 1860. Emigrated4)Helge, born 1864. Emigrated5)Kristi, born 1866. Emigrated (your ggramma)6)Knut, born 1868. Emigrated 18827)Asle, born 1871. Emigrated8)Gunhild. (1876-1948) Lived in NorwayMvh Lars Ove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Ove Wangensteen

And Dave:Maybe Kristi at the 1865-telling died young, and Kristi i found in 1900 (innlegg 2)is coming from another family.Mvh Lars Ove

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave McPhail

Thanks Lars for the many posts! I have made contact with Thor Warberg at the Aal Biblioteket and viewed his bygdebok 082001a for the Syverhaugen/Logsengardeie. He is trying to find the families of the Severson emigraters to Iowa in the 1880s and I'm trying find the families of the Syversons that stayed in Aal. All I have is a hand-written family tree that lists ggramma Carrie/Kersti's brothers and sisters by English names and no birthdates, except for hers. She did spell her parents' names right so it has been interesting to match the American names with Norwegian names and find emigration and birth dates in Norway. You could be right about Kristi/Christina. She may have died young and Carrie included her just to make the family tree complete. Much obliged.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave McPhail

Dear Lars, Takks for the Emigranter over Kristiania info. It helps me confirm that Syver Helgeson and Haldis Aslesdatter of the Luxengaardeie or Logsengardeie from the 1865-telling at 0619 Aal, Buskerud produced these Syversen children who match up with my ggramma Kersti/Carrie Severson's old handwritten family tree: Ola/Ole, b.1854. Stayed in Norway.Margit/Marit/Mary, b.1855. Emigrated to St. Ansgar, Iowa in 1880.(She was the oldest to come over and according to family legend, the only one to go back, maybe to Ringerike by 1898??)Kristi/Christina, b.1858???(The lost child)Guri/Julia, b.1860. She emigrated to Iowa with Mary in 1880. (Still looking for her Mitchell county records)Helge/Henry, b.1864 and was the older brother who emigrated with Kersti to Osage, Mitchell county Iowa, in 1883.Kersti/Carrie, b.02.01.1866 is my ggramma who left her family in Aal at age 17, married a Swede, raised 10 children on an Iowa farm, and never went back to Norway.Knut/Carl, b.1868. Came over to Osage with younger brother Asle in 1888.Asle/Ossly, b.1871. See above.Gunhild, b.1876. Stayed in Aal on the 'gaardeie' with mother Haldis and had twins, Ole and Haldis. I've been in contact with descendants of Ole's family, the Nordheims, who may be my 3rd cousins! Thank you for all your help and keep in touch.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.