Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31797] Losnes, Odegaard

Gjest Nicki Petersen
 Del

Gjest Nicki Petersen

Hei,My gr great grandfather's name was John (Johann) Fredericksen. He was born 13 February 1829. I recently found his obituary and it said that he was born in Losnes, Odegaard, Norway and he came to the USA in 1862. He was single at the time of leaving and the obit does not list any parents or siblings for me to follow up on. A county history book here in the US where he lived (Minnesota) does say that his father died when he was young and an aunt raised him. No mention of his mother.In searching for Losnes, Odegaard, I can find that there is an Odgaard in More og Romsdal, Odegard in Aust-Agder and Odegard in Buskerud. I tried searching for farms listed as Løsnes and Losnes and I can find these names in Oppland. I have been searching for other possible spellings Løsnesødegård, Løsnesødegaarden, Løsnæs, Løsnæsløkken all in Ringebo/Ringebu. Is Oppland the area I should be looking at? Or should I be looking in the area that the Odegaard cities are located?Many years ago I saw a book on Emigration from Norway where it listed families/people that left in the earlier years. Might this book be available to someone to do a lookup for me to see if it gives more information? If not, might anyone know of this area?Thank you for your help and time.Nicki

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Liv-Inger Jørgensen

And here you'll find Johannes' confirmation: Lenke Unfortunately this record does not say were he lived at that time. Regards again, Liv-Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I think this is the christening of your g g g grandmother Sigrid - her name spelled Siri as by the confirmation of Johannes: [url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/kirkebok/kbliste_e.aspx?kb=d&RR=31413>Lenke And here are her sisters and brothers: 1798 - Johan(e)s: Lenke 1801 - Marit - (dead young?): Lenke 1803 - Marit: Lenke 1806 - Østen: Lenke 1812 - Anne: Lenke And then the marriage of the parents: Lenke And this is the family living at Løsnes Ødegaard in 1801. It seems that there was and older sister Anne in this family, probably dead before 1812:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I had to search for the father of Johannes too - and here I think he is - Friderich David Landgraff - 5 years old in 1801: Lenke Regards, Liv-Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is the last message: Johannes lived at Slaaen by the confirmation in 1844. This is probably the marriage of his mother Sigrid/Sigri/Siri in 1842 - domicile of her husband is Slaaen:[url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/kirkebok/kbliste_e.aspx?kb=v&RR=8440>Lenke I have done some more searching. I think Sigrid died before 1852 because her husband remarried that year: Lenke And named his eldest daugther after his first wife:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nicki Petersen

How wonderful of you to find all of this information! I can't get over how fast you found all of this. THANK YOU!You even have an exact match for his birthday! This is excellent! I must say, I don't think I would have found him with his father listed as Fridrik Landgraff.I am not familiar with the church records on this web site that you sent. I used it some time back for the Matrikkel 1886 but not church records. I can see I will need to go over this site and check things out.Many, many thanks for your help. I very much appreciate you looking all of this up.Nicki

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Just nice to help. But I think there is something wrong with my link to the 1801-census and the Landgraff-family. I try again: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello again! Look at familysearch.org for ancestral files for Frants Ferdinand Landgraff. You'll find lots. Liv-Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nicki Petersen

Thank you for letting me know. This Landgraff family sure did move around. The father was from Bohemia, the mother from Germany, first two kids were born in Germany, next two in Sweden and the rest in Norway. The mother went back to Sweden and that is where she died. Maria Laumann Landgraff's family (her father and brothers) are listed below her on the census records of 1801 that you sent the link for. Lot's of info.THANK YOU again!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.