Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#33169] Genealogy VAMBRE or VAMRE

Gjest Pierre-Jean VAMBRE
 Del

Gjest Pierre-Jean VAMBRE

Hi, I'm from France. And i'm looking for my ancestors, perhaps Norvegians ! because VAMBRE or VAMRE is a farmer's name near Rollag. I saw into the telephone directory of Norway, some people named 'VAMRE' (in Veggli, near Rollag). I don't know if there is a genealogy of this people. The oldest ancestor i have is Joannes Henricus VAMBRE died in 1783 in France. He was a soldier in a swiss regiment called 'Grison de Salis'. But those swiss regiments were composed with people from Swissland, and few strangers like : German, French (from Mulhouse, near the Swissland boarder), and... Swedish ! I suppose, but i'm not sure that a norvegian ancestor had moved to Sweden and come in Alsace (East of France) during the Seven Years War ; then he decided to stay ... So, I'm not sure my ancestors are from Norway but in France few people have this surname, except in the north part (Lille). But I have no link with these people, perhaps because their surname come from 'Wambrechies' which is a city's name. My problem is that there is a few information upon the death certificate of Joannes Henricus VAMBRE (writed in latin language) : i know that he come from 'Neuvegen' (he come but it's not his birth's place) ! And there is no information about his parents. Neuvegen is difficult to find : in France it could be 'Saint Louis la Chaussée' near Mulhouse (and Basel, Switzerland!), because Neuvegen means 'New way'. But I didn't find anything in this part of France (Birth, Marriage, death). An other problem is that the regiment was very mobile, everywhere not only in France (North) but also in Holland and Germany. Joannes Henricus married Marie Catherine FLORY, which is a surname from Switzerland. I didn't find their wedding. So, my research is difficult, and I think about different direction : for exemple, if 'Neuvegen' could be 'Norvegen' ??? (is it Norway in latin language ?). Apparently, there is a bygdebok of Rollag, I don't know exactly what it is but may be I could find some interesting information about the VAMRE or VAMBRE's Farm in Rollag ? How can I get this book ? Who could you help me ? Best regards. Pierre-Jean.VAMBRE@wanadoo.fr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pierre-Jean VAMBRE

I've got the Bygdebok's copy from the page concerning VAMRE in Rollag. But it seems to be a dead end. Once told me to ask in Oppdal Forum. So, I'm going to do that. Thanks a lot everybody.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pierre-Jean VAMBRE

The search with VAMRE seems to be a dead end, but what about this persons ? : Fornavn Farsnavn Gard/plass Gnr/bnr Fødselsår Bind og sideSigrid Gunnarsdotter Hvambre Landerud 18/1 Uvisst Bind 1, side 348Halvor Andresen Hvambre Toen / Dekkan 9/9 1797 Bind 1, side 190Hellek Hvambre Nedre Vamre 85/2 Uvisst Bind 5, side 274Especially the last one who is from Rollag ?Thanks a lot for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Why did you pick those three? The first one is a woman (Sigrid). By the way; VAMRE is an old Norwegian word that means BELLY in English. We do not use the word to-day. The nearest we come is 'VOM'. It probably comes from an enlargement (belly) in the river Numedalslågen.I find a woman called Marte Johannesdotter (Marte, the daughter of Johannes) at Vamre, but it is not known when she is born. There is another person called Johannes Gulleksson (Johannes the son of Gullek), but he is born in the year 1812. There seems to have been no Henrik (Henricus) at the farm Vamre.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

...Hans is short of Johannes, and Hellek/Hellick could perhaps have been written as Henricus in France at that time (latin)? There have been both Hans and Hellek at Vamre - what about a DNA-test :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.