Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#33395] jentoff/jentoft pedersen born 1882 Hadsel Bygdebok

Gjest jan eliason
 Del

Gjest jan eliason

I am looking for information from the Bygdebok for Hadsel. Jentoft Pedersen born 1882 Hadsel Hommsnaes is supposed to have a brother named Oluf. Could you tell me if Peder Toresen had a son Jentoft born after the 1875 census, who emigrated 1902? See this link: Lenke I found Jentoff on the Ellis Island listings showing him going to meet his brother Oluf in Cottonwood, Minn. I need to prove that Jentoff/Jentoft is the son of Peder Toresen. We have been told that Jentoft and Oluf Pedersen are related to our family. Karl Teodor Pedersen is a G.G.G. Grandfather and he is a son to Peder Toresen. I cannot access birth records for this family. Any help would be appreciated..Thank you…jan eliason

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John O. Svenning

Hi! There is no ”bygdebok” for Hadsel but the church records show that Jentoft Johan Pedersen was born 5th October 1882 and christened 29th October. He was the son of Peder Andreas Markussen and Kristianne Elisabeth Olsdtr., Holmsnes, Hadsel. He left Trondheim, Norway 3rd November 1902 going to Cottonwood MN. Regards John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

And here you have The Markusen family in the 1900 census.In the same census there are three Jentoft Pedersen at Hadsel.One born 1871, one 1875 and Jentoft at Holmsnes born 1882. Ole Andersen who is living withe the family in 1900, is the father of Kristianne.LenkeRegards Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan I. Borgos

John O. Svenning has the correct identification of Jentoft Johan Pedersen. Jentofts brother Oluf Emil Pedersen was born June 6, 1877. Karl Theodor Pettersen (born 1849 at Svartsund in Hadsel) was the son of Petter Thoresen and Abel Christine Vigestad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest jan eliason

Thank you for your confirmations. I had found those links, but was unable to put Oluf, Jentoft, and Karl together as relatives. Unless Kristianne Olsdatter of Bitterstad is a sister to Able Christine. John Svenning has the same birth date I have for Jentoft Pedersen. I did not have a birth date for Oluf. I have already traced Karl Pettersen's family, however, I had hoped that he may have had another brother born between the census of '85 and 1900 that I might have missed. If John or Rune or Johan have access to records to show if Kristianne and Abel are sisters, I would appreciate your help in researching it for me. I wish to thank you all for your time spent and answers given throughout my quest...jan eliason Canada

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan I. Borgos

Abel Vigestad was born approx. 1820 in Trondheim, Kristianne Olsdtr 27 years later in Hadsel. Abel was older than Kristiannes father, so I think we can safely conclude that Abel and Kristianne weren't sisters! Petter Thoresen was born in Øyer, Gudbrandsdalen. Peder Markussen was born in Hadsel. I can't see any connection between these two families.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest jan eliason

Johan: Thank you for your help. It is a little disappointing that a family connection could not be made. However, I will note that it is truly interesting that these two families who came from Hadsel and settled in two different parts of Minnesota eventually settled in Saskatchewan and lived 10 miles away from each other. Your contribution to our family history is appreciated...jan eliason

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.