Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#36675] Foreldre til Jens Olsen Røstøen og til Hellena Jensdatter?

Gjest Arthur Peterson
 Del

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Would appreciate any help finding the parents of Jens Olsen (Røstøen?)(f ca 1781 Balke Toten) and Hellena Jensdatter (f ca 1783 Toten)(Helgestad?)married 3 May 1811 in Moldbakke Østre Toten. I found a Jens Olsen in the 1801 census of the correct age in Christians amt Røstøen gard. Was wondering if there would be other information to verify.Jens and Hellena have 8 children. Oline 8 Aug 1811 Moldbakke. Christian 12 Mar 1813. Anne 1 Oct 1815. Margrethe Dec 1818 Nes på Hedemarken. Johanne Sep 1821 Nes på Hedemarken. Hellene & Ingeborg Dec 1824. And Anders 14 Nov 1827.Found Jens and Ellena in Listua under Li søndre. They purchased Penningrud in 1822 and sold in 1823. Purchased Bergstua nedre in 1830 which stayed in the family until about 1881. All of these are in Nes på Hedemarken.Any information as to parents would be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

I have seen one source calling this couple Jens Olsen (Trogstad?) and Ellena Jensdatter (Holen?), married May 3rd, 1811, Østre Toten.If the info about Trogstad is correct, this Ole Olsen Trogstad might be Jens Olsen Trogstads father: LenkeAs for dates I found Margrethe chr. Dec 26, 1818 at Nes, Hedmark, Johanne chr. Sep 2, 1821 at Nes, Helena chr. Dec 28, 1824 at Nes and Ingeborg chr. Mar 6, 1825 at Nes. The other dates I see you allready have.PS: This is what I found on Oline, married Apr 5, 1836 at Østre Toten. The children: Johanne b. Jan 23, 1836, chr. Nov 13, 1836. Johanne b. Apr 29, 1840, chr. Jul 19, 1840. Ellene Marie b. Mar 2, 1846, chr. Jun 7, 1846. Johannes b. Sep 12, 1848, chr. Dec 26, 1848. All at Østre Toten.I hope someone can help you with the parents, here!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Thanks Heidi, The church records for Grace Lutheran Church in Winchester, Wisconsin associated the name of Rostoen for the parents. Also, a book titled Norwegian Immigrants to the United States, Volume Two 1844-1846' used the name Jens Olsen Røstøen and Hellena Jensdatter as the parents to Anne Jensdatter Alm. She was married to Ole Larsen Dulsrud on November 7, 1835.I am thinking this is a more likely candidate for the family. LenkeBy the way, Anders is my great grandfather and his last residence before emigrating was Midtbu in Nes på Hedemarken.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Off course the church records you found are a much better source than the unspecified one I found at FS. With your info at hand, I found some info on the couple at Røstøen census 1801:Likely candidate for Anne Jonasdatter, who was in her 48th year of life 1801: [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/vr/individual_record.asp?recid=27817333&lds=4®ion=12®ionfriendly=Norway&juris1=Norw&juris2=&juris3=&juris4=®ionfriendly=&juris1friendly=&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=>LenkeAs for Ole Jensen, I have a couple of candidates, one is Ole Jensen Grevsrud (not at Grevsrud 1801): Lenke And the other is Ole Jensen Ulvestuen (Ulvestuen not found in 1801):

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Here is a record of the marriage in 1811.[url="http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/message/rw/localities.scan-balt.norway.counties.oppland/1177.2>LenkeWitnesses were Peder from Rødstøen and Niels from Helgestad.There is a Peder living at Røstøen in the 1801 census so this seems to fit.And their is a Niels on the Helgestad farm in 1801.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I see the links are not working, for some reason.Christening of Anne Jonasdatter at (Røstøen 1801): Anne Jonasdatter , christening: 14 Mar 1753, Østre Toten. Father: Jonas STUBBERUD, mother: Marte XSTOPHERSDRHowever, the marriage shows the couple living at Trogstad and Holen when they got married. Wonder if they were serving there, or if they were born there...?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 6 måneder senere...
Gjest Arthur Peterson

I have received information from a reliable source that the parents to Jens Olsen was Ole Jensen Ulvestuen under Hoff vicarage born 1761 and Anne Jonasdatter Stubberud born 1753 died 1826. Children are Jens b 1785 and Marie b 1789.Source told me this information is from Totens Bygdebok IV page 498, farm Moldbakke/Røsyøen Øvre.Same researcher gave the parents of Hellena to be Jens Johannesen Lie b 1741 and Kari Christensdatter Hoelen b 1751 died 1828, married 1769.Children were Magrethe b 1771 d 1773, Marthe b 1774 d 1778, Margrethe b 1777, Elena b 1783, Christian b 1788.Same source gave a probably parentage to each above and I would like any confirmation of this information.Probable parents to Jens Johannesen Lie was Joh. (Johan/Johannes) Jonsen? Narumst married to Kari Persdatter Narumst, children Johans b 1727, Johan b 1729, Olle b 1731 Berte b 1736 and Jens b 1741.Probable parents of Kari Christensdatter Hoelen is Christen Holen and Marthe Olsdatter Holen.I have a definite on the parents of Ole Jensen Ulvestuen as Jens Ulvestuen and Johanne Frantzdatter Ulvestuen b 1727 d 1800.Definite parents to Anne Johansdatter Stubberud is Jonas Jonsen Stubberud b 1726? and Marte Christoffersdatter Stubberud married 1750.Would appreciate any confirmation on any of the above. Also would appreciate of any parentage of the above or any other connections.Tusen takk, Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.