Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#36726] Kristine Atlaksd. born 1865 Heskestad marriage record

Gjest Bette Sweet
 Del

Gjest Bette Sweet

Who did Kristine Atlaksd marry before 1888? Area, Rogaland or possible Aust-Agder. Her unknown husband died before 1890. He may have been in the jewelry business.Krisine Atlaksd. born 12.12 1865 , Steine/Stene Heskestad, Rogaland Father: Atlak Jakobsen,b2/2 1828-d28/3 1875 Haaland-Store Omdal Sokendal Mother: Ingeborg Malene Simonsd., b22/8 1832-d11/1/1871 Eikeland Konfirmerte: 10.10 1880 Heskesad Emigrated: from Kristiansand, 1890 to Kansas USA, listed as enke with 1 year old son, Andreas. They were in the area of Froland, Aust-Agder prior to emigrating to USA. Emigration records listed their name as Blakstad, would that be a farm name from their last residence? With this information, can anyone do a look-up for a marriage record for Kristine Aslaksd., and/or a birth record for her son Andreas? Thank you. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Eide

Yes, they are definately your folks.You will reckognize there is a Bergitte Olsen 23 ys residence Froland, destination Kansas listed emigrated the same date. They are the only but one other emigrating from Froland destination Kansas, according to these records. So there may be a sligth chance that she could be a brother of Andreas father, or in some other hences close related to him.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

I do have the 1865 for the Atlakson family,and that is correct for them. The record for emigrating is also the correct one for Kristine Atlaksd and Andreas.Bergitte Olson married Kristine's brother,Peder Johann (John) Atlakson. They had one daughter, Enga/Inga, b 1892 Kansas, USA. Bergitte returned to Norway talking Enga with her, about 1897. Bergitte (death date unknown) never came back to the USA, however, Enga did at age 21. Thank you so much for the most prompt replies to my post and your help. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

Her father's name in some records does come up as Aslakson, also as Aslagson. My mother thought that Kristine may have married a Sal Salverson. Andreas mentioned the name Anderson to his family. That is the only clues i have for a name. I'm almost certain that Kristine's husband had a Jewelry business. Would there be any records for such a business at that time? Andreas went by Andy Atlakson in USA. I think that is because his father had died, and he was raised by his uncle after Kristine died about 1895. Thanks again, Don't give up. I appreciate your help and in-put. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Berit Knudsen

Froland churchbook:Married 13. sept. 1886 batchelor and urmaker (watch-maker?) Salve Andersen (Andresen) b.1860 Bøe - Bygland A-A, living at Hjaavatn, father Anders (Andres) Salvesen, and maid/girl Kristine Aslaksdatter, b. 1865 Lunde prestegjeld, father Aslak Jakobsen.Andreas born 14.nov. and bapt.25. des. 1888. Parents: urmaker Salve Andersen b.1860 and wife Kristine Aslaksdt. b. 1865, Blakstadbro.Dead: Urmaker Salve Andersen b.1860, adress Ovelands eie, died 4. June and burried 11. June 1889.Nothing about why.Bygdebok: The place Apleknodden under Bø farm (nr.66) Bygland: Andres Salvesen cleared the land i 1857. He was born 1821 and died 1888. He was married to Gunvor Persdatter from Evje b. 1817. Their son Salve was born in 1860. --Thats all.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

Thank you. The family of kristine Atlaksdatter cannot thank you enough for finding their ancestor. The kind folks of Norway have been so helpful in our search, we appreciate it. Sincerely. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.