Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#36793] 1875 Census Rogaland -Heskestad & Store Omdal for Atlakson

Gjest Bette Sweet
 Del

Gjest Bette Sweet

Can anyone do a 1875 census look-up for me? After the death of Atlak Jakobson, four of his children are not with their step-mother. I would like to know where they located in 1875. I am searching for: Simon Andreas Atlakson, b 1859 Peder Johan Atlakson, b 1864 Kristine Atlaksdatter, b 1865 Ole Martin Atlakson, b 1868 They were born at Stene, Heskestad and I found Heskestad Konfirmerte records showing Johan and kristine. Also Simon Andreas which lists his residence, Omdal? Their father was from Haaland, Store Omdal. The names was also spelled Aslag and Aslak. Thank you. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A. Vidvei

Ole Martin Atlaksen was confirmed in Sokndal (the parish where St. Omdal and Haaland is located) in 1883, and his father was mentioned dead at the time. His father seems not to have been buried in Heskestad. I may have more about these people, but I need to check some data I do not have access to just now. Did any of these children go to the USA? What do you mean by 'four of his children are not with their step-mother'? Where and when?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

The father, Atlak Jakobson, b 2.2 1828 - d 28.3 1875, parish of Sokndal. He then lived at the farm store Amdal in Sokndal. For reason I don't know, he was not at Steine, Heskestad with his second wife, Guri Alette Torjesdatter and their children, Lars I. and Jørgine (Jøgine is my grandmother) Atlak was widower and Guri a widow when they married. I do have the 1875 census record for Guri.. She has her children from her first and second marriage with her, but not any of the step-children. Yes, three of the children came to America. The eldest, Simon Andreas, I don't know about. I think Peder Johan came in 1884, Kristine came in 1890. I don't have the date for Ole yet. I have to go now, but, I thank you so much for helping me. I will tell you, I am in touch with the descendants of my grandmother's Atlakson half brother's and sister in USA and have planned to all get together this summer near the area where the ancestors came to in USA, Kansas and Missouri. The added information for the ancestors from Norway is really appreciated. I look forward to any additional information. Thank you again, Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A. Vidvei

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the 1875 census for Sokndal or Heskestad. Here is a map that should interest you: Lenke. I have marked St. Omdal (Åmdal) on the map: Scroll & zoom to the North along the lake. Both Store Omdal (Sokndal) and Steine (Heskestad/Lund) are farms by the lake Steinsvatnet. The parish border ran (runs) through this lake. This means that at a time when boat/water was more important as means of travelling than roads, these were neighbouring farms. If you zoom and go to the North-East of Store Åmdal, you will find Håland (Haaland). These people did not travel far - although they did cross a parish border - to marry and settle.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

Additional information for my previous past . Atlak Jakobson's first wife was Ingeborg Malene Simonsd.,Eikeland, b 22.8 1832 - d 11.1 1871.The purpose of my search for their children in 1875 census, I'm trying to trace their locations, especially Kristine, to help me find her when, and the name of who she married. Kristine was a widow when she and her child (Andreas, b abt 1888) came to the USA, arriving 02.5 1890.Question, Would Kristine have taken the name of the family that raised her after the death of her parents? She is listed as 'Blakstad' when emigrating to USA (Emigranter fra Kristiansand 1873-1930)and residence Froland. Hope I haven't complicated things! Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

Our posts must have crossed in the mail! Anyway, thanks for the map. That explains a lot for me. I was told that my great grandparents, (Atlak & Guri) widow and widower were neighbors before getting married. The time of death for Atlak Jakobson is a recent record I received, maybe explains the location as Åmdal. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A. Vidvei

I understand that your grandmother Jørgine was the second child of Atlak Jacobsen and Guri Alette Torjesdatter? Do you know when she was born? Since Lars Ingebret was born at Steine, Heskestad in 1873, and the father died in early 1875, I guess Jørgine must have been born in 1874-1875?Do you have Jørgine's birthdate? Then I can check the churchbook records for Heskestad. If she is not there, my guess is that this family for some reason lived in St. Omdal for a short period in between 1873-75, and that Guri moved back to Steine when she became a widow.Do you have the details for Guri in 1875?This becomes very detailed: Maybe we should go on directly? If you wish, you can send me an email: agnete at prio.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Marius Setsaas

Er det ingen som har noen (beviselige) linjer fra Olav den Hellige ned til norske familer ? Det virker som de fleste linjer går via danske slekter....(...etnisk norske ? )Må alt gå via de 'danske' ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Marius Setsaas

Dette innlegget havnet tydligvis feil: ble postet under tema 16953... Jeg kan bare beklage at det havnet her...mvhJohan Marius Setsaas

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A. Vidvei

But now I found the family at the Drange farm [url="http://search.kvasir.no/query?mapcomp=%3B&what=amap&streetname=Drange&streetnumber=&city=Ualand>Lenke in Heskestad (Bygdebok p. 105). This is where the widow Guri Alette moved, and she was married a third time and had another child following Jørgine. Here is Jørgine's leaving the parish to go to America: Lenke and in the Bygdebok it says she was born 10.9.1873, while the brother Lars Ingebret was born 7.1.1872 (both at Steine). There is obviously an error in the bygdebok regarding the birthdates, so I will check the actual records.I have noted that Jørgine was unmarried when she left in 1892, that she was a 'sypige' (female tailor) and that she was going to Dakota. Is this in accordance with what you know?Here

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bette Sweet

Jøgine was born Sept 15 1873. I have her orginal paper that was signed just before she left Norway. It has her day of birth as 10th, she said that was wrong. Also, 'konfirmeret, Heskestad, (?)Oct, 1888' and that she is going to America to live, signed by Sogneprestembede, 25.apr 1892. Looking back I see your e-mail address. I will send more direct to you. Bette

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.