Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#39044] Search for farm and parish records for Anna INGEMAN and John NELSON +/- 1870

Gjest Paul R. NELSON
 Del

Gjest Paul R. NELSON

My name is Paul NELSON, and I am searching for my Norwegian ancestors.I know the approximate birth year of my great grandfather John NELSON and the supposed names of his parents – John NELSON and Anna INGEMAN. I’ll call my great grandfather John NELSON (Jr) and his father John NELSON (Sr) so that we can distinguish between them. I have little information concerning John NELSON Jr. because he probably died in Chicago in 1894 on the way back to Norway, after he fathered my grandfather Everett NELSON, in Michigan, USA. All that that he left behind is this story and a marriage record from 1893 in Michigan when John NELSON Jr. married my great grandmother Maggie Loague.My approach has been to search for an Anna INGEMAN in the 1865 and 1875 Norwegian census. Using the locations where an Anna Ingeman or similar lived, I then looked in the 1886 Matrikkel for a potential John NELSON Sr. in the immediate area, supposing that he married Anna INGEMAN to produce John NELSON Jr.The most likely location I found in the 1865 census is 1134 Sulda, Qvaestad (Rogaland), where I found two unmarried Anna INGEMUNDSDATTER, one born 1845 and one born 1856, and very near in Berjorden, I found a Johannes NILSEN. See the Matrikkel below my questions, and the census data below that.MY QUESTIONS:Does anyone know the history of these two farms (Kvaestad, Berjorden)? If so, is it possible that a Johannes NILSEN from Berjorden married an Anna INGEMUNDSDATTER from Kvaestad? Can anyone direct me to where I can find marriage and birth records for these locations for the years around 1870? Or do you personally know the genealogy of this couple and their descendents? I would be grateful for any assistance your may offer, many thanks, Paul R. Nelson.1886 MATRIKKEL1. Suldal, Qvaestad Knr Etternavn_eier Fornavn_eier Gnr Bnr Mnr Lnr Gnavn Bnavn Daler Ort Skill Mark Ore Anm Sogn 1134 Ingemundsen Ingemund 2 1 2 4a Kvæstad Kvæstad 0 2 10 0 86 Suldal 1134 Ingemundsen Ingemund 2 2 2 7 Kvæstad Kvæstad 1 0 19 2 46 Suldal 1134 Nilsen Johannes 11 3 11 37 Berjorden Berjorden 0 4 23 1 87 Alm. skr. Bergjord. Suldal1865 CENSUS:Data on domicile: 1 Census year: 1865 2 Municipality: Suldal 3 Municipality number: 1134 4 Name of domicile: Qvæstad Number of persons in this domicile: 10Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Place of birth Ethnicity Ingemund Ingemundsen Husfader g Gaardbruger og Selveier 1817 Suledals Prgj. Borgila Olsdatter hans Kone g 1817 Suledals Prgj. Ingemund Ingemundsen deres Søn ug 1858 Suledals Prgj. Britte Ingemundsdatter deres Datter ug 1843 Suledals Prgj. Anna Ingemundsdatter deres Datter ug 1845 Suledals Prgj. Borgila Ingemundsdatter deres Datter ug 1851 Suldals Prgj. Sigrid Ingemundsdatter deres Datter ug 1853 Suldals Prgj. Anna Ingemundsdatter deres Datter ug 1856 Suldals Prgj. John Ingemundsen ug Tjenestekarl 1833 Suldals Prgj. Ingemund Ingemundsen e Folgemand 1787 Suldals Prgj.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

Census 1875 for Trondhjem :Anna Serine Ingemann born 1855 in Trondhjem in Sør-Trøndelag county - but thats far from Rogaland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

Anna Ingemundsdtr. Born 1845 Kvestad, Suldal married Torjus Johansen Born 1851 in Suldal. In 1891 they lived in Helland,Sand,Suldal.Anna Ingemundsdtr.Born 1856 Kvestad married Odd Andersen Born 1855 Herabakka, Suldal Children: Stenvor B.1881, Borghild B.1883, Marta B.1885, Ingemund B.1887 and Anders B. 1890.Their parents where Ingemund Ingemundsen Kvestad B.1816 and Borghild Olsdtr.B.1817

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Paul R. Nelson

Many thanks for your thoughful responses. The other potential 'Anna Ingeman/Ingemundsdatter' found in the 1865 census are as follows:2. 0227, Fet, Solberg3. 1136, Sand, Holland4. 1128, Hole, Saugbakken5. 1601, Trondheim, DanielsveitenAre you able to confirm that any of these: married, and if so, who, that I may eliminate any as potential brides of John Nelson Jr.?thank you so much, Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.