Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#39115] Caroline Elise Amundsen- born July 19 1875 Oslo

Gjest Jan Webb
 Del

Gjest Jan Webb

I have been trying to find the birth record of my Great grandmother, but I can't find it anywhere??Caroline Elise F. Amundsen- born 19 JUly 1875-OsloHer mother was (Kajsa) Karen Nilsdotter(born 3 July 1836 Varmlandnaes)Her father was Johan Frederik Amundsen( born 11 May 1839 Eidsvold Verk Norway)Johan & Karen were married 14 DEc 1863-Domkirken, ChristianiaCould someone please help me??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Here she is together with her mother in the Census 1875, maybe it will be easier for those people who knows Oslo, to locate her birth/baptizerec. when they have this :-)LenkeBest wishes Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Jan! I believe I've found Johan Amundsen and Karoline Elise in the 1900 census for Kristiania/Oslo.I don't trust myself in making links, so I'll do it this way:It seems that Johan Amundsens first wife, Karen/Kajsa, must have died, my guess is around 1890-91. In the 1900 census for Kristiania you find Johan Amundsen with new wife Marie (born 1860, Ø.Toten) and daughter Martha (born 1894). They live in Aakebergveien 22. (census entries #58144-46).And, if I'm not mistaken, Karoline Elise is married in 1900. She's living with her husband Petter Bernhard Pettersen (born 1872) and two children, Magnus (born 1892) and Ella (born 1899). They live in Feddersens gade 5, also in Kristiania (census entries #137720-723).Does the info above make sence?Regards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lillian Kristiansen

Only to prove that Kjell´s Census 1900 is right:Sagene Churchbook 4 1894 - 1904, page 158, number 235. Ella Karen Johanne, born 15 of September (notJuly as in the Census), Christening 12 of November 1899. Father: Work as Bricklayer, Peter Petersen and Mother: Wife Karoline Elise Amundsen. They live then in Rosenlundsgt. 5 in Christiania, he born 1871 and she in 1875.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The youngest child born before marriage. Magnus Olaf Klaudius born 5 of November 1892, christening: 19 og Marts 1893. Father: Bachelor and Store worker Peter Bernhard Pedersen and Girl,working on textilmill, Karoline Elise Amundsen, he lives in Sofienbergsgt.49, born 1872, she lives in Rosenlundsgt.1, born 1875.Sagene Churchbook 2 1880 - 1897

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I tried to find their marriage in Sagene Churchbook between 1892 - 1899 because I thougt may bee her bornplace(Church) would be more specified. But no...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

The emigration records for Kristiania 1871-1930 show that Petter Bernhard Pettersen emigrated (alone) in April 1902 (day of departure Apr. 7).His wife Karoline Elise and their three children, Magnus, Ella and Mary Kathrine (born May 23, 1902) followed in 1907 (date of departure March 9). Their destination: Ottawa, Canada.Best regards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann  Stokken

Poor Mr. Webb, he have still not received a answere for what he really asked about, Karoline`s birthdayrec. :-)Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann  Stokken

Skues me Jan(ice) :-) I looked at the other debate queries you have had here, and there I saw your name is Janice! In Norway Jan is a male name :-)))Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

In the 1875 census, Karoline Elise, her mother and sister are living in Maridalsveien in Kristiania. Someone with the proper knowledge of Oslo's geography should be able to tell what congregation/church is the nearest. At least, it's a place to start.....Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Janice Webb

Mange takk Mariann, Lillian & KjellI have found most of the above information, except I did not know Peter & Caroline were not married when Magnus was born? Nor did I know they were not living together at that time either? That is very interesting to me.I did know that Johan Frederik Amundsen had a 2nd wife and another daughter. But I do not know anything about what happened to them? Not sure if the daughter Marthe got married? or had any children?Peter's parents were both deaf & went to a deaf school in Oslo. I think his parents Claudius Magnus Pedersen( born 29 Aug 1831-Stange)& (Johanne) Petronella Jensadtter- born 19 Mar?Feb 1846 Idd Halden)-could have lived at the school & even married there or Sagene Kirke.Petronella -mother was Boel Marie Johannesdatter(born 15 Apr 1824-Idd)& father Jens Olsen(born?? Frederikshald)Boel's parents were Johannes Olsen Stokkebro & Pernille Olsen Sanden- Any relation to you Mariann??Peter & Caroline apparently had 2 other children in Norway who died from eating poison wild flowers, their names Alf & Aushing?? I assume they were between Magnus & Ella, as there is a 7 year gap but I can find no information about them either??Sorry to ask so many questionsMange tusen Takk Janiceps:Peter had a brother Olaf Klaudius(came on the boat with Caroline & kids), sister Martha Marie(born 7 June 1876), & Ragna Petra(born 17 Oct 1880)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Janice! It was interesting to see in the 1875 census that Karoline Elise's mother was apparently working at 'Hjula'. 'Hjula' was a large, well known weaving and spinning mill in Kristiania. I believe it was started around 1860. If you can read norwegian you will find a lot of interesting info about 'Hjula' on the Internet. In the history of the up-coming of labour unions in Kristiania and Norway, 'Hjula' is well known.Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karoline Elise Amundsen Johansdatter

God DagI only know a few words of Norwegian but would love to read any English information about 'Hjula' or if you can send me the website for the Norwegian articles (I will try to read them)AlsoKaroline had one sister Anna Marie Amundsen( Johnsdatter)-born 28 June 1865Anna married Karl Ludvig Nilsen ( born 16 Mar 1861-Eidsvold)(parents were Nils Hansen(bn 1804-Eidsvold) & Anne Fredrikke Nilsdatter-bn 22DEc 1822-Langton Hurdal )Anna died in 1916-OsloKarl & Anna's children wereJohan Sverre(bn 11 Jan 1888)married??, Signe Katrine(bn 22 Mar 1891)married Christian Moe, Asta Marie(bn 11Feb 1893)married Steinar Bakke, Arthur Ludvig(bn 17 Jun 1895)married Valborg Sunde, Rakel Nilsen-(bn 30 May 1900)married Fredrik Foss.Johan Sverre & Rakel married & stayed in Norwaymange takk Janice

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.