Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#39258] Looking for Austdal in 1900 Rogaland

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can someone help me to locate the farm Austdal in Bjerkreim in the 1900 Census. I've looked and I can't find it!Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

It looks like the farm is abandoned by 1900. In the 1886 Matrikkel I found two owners [url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/matrikkel/mtliste.aspx?knr=1114&gnr=20>Lenke ,Torger Pedersen and Sigbjørn Torsen.In 1900 Torger, born 1839, has moved to Røysland Lenke. Sigbjørn, born ca 1847, I didn't find in 1900 census. Perhaps he has emigrated

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Johan and Harald,I was looking for Torger Pedersen's mother -- Gundvor Torgersdatter (dp. 1811 at Austdal). Torger's father, Peder Ommundsen Bjørnestad died at Austdal in 1877. I searched the digitised parish records for Bjerkreim through 1886, but could not find a record of her death. She must have died after that. I thought if she was still alive in 1900, she might be living with one of her children. Torger's sister Tøri is also at Røisland, Berthe is at Skjæveland, Enevald is at Bjordal and Aadne is at Versland. I haven't been able to locate Ommund (b. 1845 at Austdal) after 1865.Thank you again, for your help.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Bill

Hi Patricia,There is some great books about the people in Bjerkreim called 'Bjerkreimboka 1-4'. The Austdal farm is found in the first book. On page 591 there is alot of information about the people you mentioned above.Peder Omundson (Haughom i Bakke(Sirdal) was baptist 26.08.1804 and died 11.02.1877. His parents was Omund Sigbjørnson Haughom and Berte Pedersdtr (born Haughom). It is also mentioned that Peder was the cousin to Gunvor's mother. He married Gundvor Torgisdtr (from Austdal) 18.06.1834. Gundvor was baptist 26.05.1811 and died at Skjæveland in Bjerkreim 19.02.1900 (Just before the 1900 census was recorded).Peder and Gundvor had 10 childeren : - Tøri b. 06.06.1835 - girl born 10.08.1837, died a few minutes after birth - boy born 18.10.1838, died 10 minutes after birth - Torjer born 13.09.1839 - Berte born 06.06.1842 - Ommund born 12.03.1845 - Enevold born 10.12.1847 - Aadne born 08.03.1851 - Lisabeth born 25.06.1854, died 2-1/2 hour after birth - child dead when born the 25.06.1854Please let me know if you have any questions.Regards, Bjørn Bill

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei BjørnI am so glad you wrote to settle this, before I did any more research. It seems that I have the wrong Peder Omundsen! 'My' Peder was born 22 Oct 1808 at Bjørnestad in Sirdal. He was the son of Ommund Gitlesen Bjørnestad and Anna Pedersdatter Seland. His sister, Gunhild Omundsdatter, was my 3rd g-grandmother. Her daughter Anne Torgersdatter died at Vasbø in Bjerkreim, so I thought Peder might have come to Bjerkreim as well.I looked again in the 1865 census, and could not find 'my' Peder or his brother Omund (b. 1812). The Peder Omundsen at Austdal was the only one who was close in age and birthplace. I guess they must have died.Thank you very much for the information.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.