Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#39924] Skifteattest fra Graff

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

I received the following message from the Statsarkivet. I don't know what it means. How can I find a skifteattest in Oslo? Is this even possible from America?In the church book from Oslo Domkirke it says in the remark column: 'Skifteattest fra Graff 30. Jan. 1874' Graff is most likely employed at Oslo skifterett - The Oslo Probate Registry.Any advice is greatly appreciated.Hilsen, Robert L. Evensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor L. Larsen

'Skifteattest' is a probate certificate, a statement regarding the estate after a deceased person. In a case like this, (I do suppose it is entered in the church registers in connection with a wedding,) it probably was a widow or widower who remarried, and such a statement regarding what had happened to the estate left behind by the departed spouse, was produced as a standard, neccessary procedure. The interests of possible child/children from the first marriage or other inheritors must have been the main concern. You should ask the Statsarkivet if there had been some other kind of public procedure regarding the estate of the deceased, and order a copy in case yes. A skifteattest may have been issued without its having been copied anywhere for the archive of the 'skifteretten'. So the probate registers may have nothing at all regarding this matter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor L. Larsen

The family name of a person who probably was so well-known by the priest that he did not feel any need to enter the first name. All the best, Tor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Tusen takk! Interesting. I don't recognize the name Graff. It doesn't sound very Norwegian to me.Mvh,Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen

Here's 'your' Graff I think LenkeIn 1875 there were 26 persons in Christiania with the last name Graff. Mvh Åse Kr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen

Because his occupation was 'skifteforvalter'. He had to take care of the probate certificate and probably is the Graff in 'Skifteattest fra Graff...' in your first entry.Mvh Åse.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Åse,Thanks for your explanation. I guess it still doesn't get me any closer to finding the skifteattest. I believe it is referring to the skifte for Kirsti Haagensdatter, 1st wife of Anders Evensen. This note is listed in the marriage announcement of Anders Evensen and his 2nd wife, Maren Paulsen. They marry 25 May 1874 in Domkirke, Oslo. I am hoping that the Skifteattest will give me more information on Kirsti Haagensdatter and her children.Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.