Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#40334] Ole Ingvald Kvam and Bernardine J Chrugehaug from Inderøy - searching relatives?

Gjest Lars E. Øyane (Luster kommune)
 Del

Gjest Lars E. Øyane (Luster kommune)

On behalf of a granddaughter in New Westminster, BC I am trying to locate Norwegian relatives of her grandparents:Ole Ingvald Jonson Kvam, born Sep. 26, 1897 at Inderøy, the son of husmann Jon Peter Kristianson Kvam and wife Ingeborg Olava nee Hegdal, and:Bernhardine Johanne Chrugehaug, born July 27, 1895 in Trondheim, the daughter of Theodor Ragnvald Chrugehaug and Rosalie Emilie nee Hjelting. Bernhardine was christened at the Catholic church in Trondheim Sep. 4, 1895, but she was confirmed at Sakshaug church in Inderøy in 1911.I hope that someone among the readers of the Digital Archives may recognize these names thus helping the granddaughter in BC locate relatives of hers?Thanks a million in advance!PS: If anyone wishes to contact the granddaughter directly, please let me know, and I can provide an address.Sincerely yours,Lars E. Øyane - lars.e.oyane@sdsl.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hallvard Bragstad

In the 1900-Census, you might find this family here:LenkeThese people lived at Holmsve, a cottars place under one of the Kvam-farms.And at this place, you also find Ole (born 1897), his parents (Jon - born 1863, Olava - born 1860), and Jons parents (Kristian Sivertsen - born 1814 and Margrete - born 1823).As you can see, all these people are using just one of their first-names - but it has to be this family you are looking for in Inderøy.In my registry from the church-records, I have found Kristian Sivertsen, born Nov 5th 1814 at Kvam, Inderøy. Parents: Sivert Sivertsen and Ingeborg Eriksdatter.Sivert Sivertsen Kvam and Ingeborg Eriksdatter Bøl married Nov 7th 1812 in Inderøy, Sivert was then a widower, Ingeborg was a widow.To find this Sivert was a litte complicated, but I think the correct Sivert Sivertsen, is the one that in 1801 (census) lived at a cottars place at Kvam, with parents Sivert Sivertsen (47) and Ragnhild Iversdatter (40). This Sivert was in 1807 registered for military purposes (every boy was sent one day to be tested) - and was later in the military rolls for 'Inderøens Dragon Compagnie' - Inderøy Dragon Company - soldiers mounted on horse - even though he got a remark; 'small'.Sivert Sivertsen sr and Ragnhild Iversdatter dont seem to have married in Inderøy. I cant find them in the church-records. And since Sivert Sivertsen jr was not born in Inderøy - they must have moved to Inderøy in the late 1790s. One daughter, Karin, was born in Aug. 1798 at Kvam. I cant find even Sivert Sivertsen sr. nor Ragnhild Iversdatter born in Inderøy.I will try to find more on this family, but this is all for now...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hallvard Bragstad

When searching the scanned church records from Inderøy, I have found Jon Peter Kristiansen Kvam and Ingeborg Olavas Olsdatter, married Jan 6th 1891 in Sakshaug church, Inderøy. In their marriage-certification in the church records, it is stated when they were born, and who their fathers were.Jons father was - as I mentioned above, Kristian Sivertsen Kvam, her father was Ole Larsen Hegdal - also a cotter. Jon was, according to these records, born 1868, Ingeborg Olava 1860. Jons occupation was said to be a sailor.In the 1865-census, you might find Ingeborg Olava and her family, as cottars under the Valberg farm - not far from Kvam in Inderøy;[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f61729&gardpostnr=207&personpostnr=1240&merk=1240#ovre>LenkeOle Larsen, born about 1809, was married to Johanne Knutsdatter (bn. about 1817), and they had in 1865 5 children.Ole Larsen is a bit difficult to find - a very common name - so I have to wait with him. Johanne Birgitte Knutsdatter was born Dec 21th 1819, at Ås, Inderøy. Parents: Knut Jonsen and Ingeborg Olsdatter. These were farmers.Knut Jonsen was from the Øyen farm in Innset, Kvikne in Hedmark county. I dont know more about his family. Ingeborg was from the Ås farm. They married Jan 23rd 1818 in Inderøy. He was then 35 - she 38 years old.Ingeborg Olsdatter was first married to Sivert Pedersen, these can be found in the 1801-census here:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.