Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#40359] Knut Johannesen in Oslo after 1865

Gjest Joyce Fraser
 Del

Gjest Joyce Fraser

Knut Johannesen was born about 1845 at Roeten farm in Aure, More og Romsdal. He was still there in the 1865 census. His parents are Johannes Tostensen of Roeten and Ane Jonsdatter of Ottness. My information is that he went to Oslo 'as a young man', and nothing more is known. I am hoping to find information of a marriage and family, or what happened to him. Thank you in advance!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I think I found the parents here i 1965: LenkeI will also try to find the son Knut Johannesen i 1865 and in 1900.Best regards from Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Sorry, I was not able to find him i 1900. Do hope some searchers from the local area can help you with churchbooks.Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Knut Johansen  28 Sep 1865

Re 40359, Thank you Gunn for your quick reply. I am new at this, and not sure if I have replied correctly, so will try again. Yes you have the right family, and thank you for the birth/christening date. I did not have it before. Is 1875 census not indexed so as to find names quickly? Are the emigration records indexed and easily read? I wonder if he didn't stay in Oslo, and perhaps went to Sweden or Denmark, or wherever. I have checked the 1880/81 census for Canada and US and do not find him. Are church records only for each parish? If he did marry and have family, would be nice if ancestors would reply. Very anxious, and thank you again. Joyce Fraser

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.