Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#40564] Elling Larssen Vesteraas

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am researching the ancestors of Nicoline Dorthea Stephansen for my cousin. My question is about Nicoline's farmor. I would like to verify1) Nicoline's grandmother was Anne Ellingsdtr b. 1774 at Vesteraas2) that this Anne Ellingsdtr is daughter of Elling Larsen Vesteraas and Else Jonsdtr, and3) that Elling Larsen Vesteraas is the same as the man in the LDS Ancestral File, born 1734 at Flydal, son of Lars Olsen Skylstad & Ingeborg Pedersdatter.I want to be sure about this link because, according to an LDS Ancestral File, Elling Larsen is a direct descendant from the Norwegian royal family.Here is some background:Nicoline was born 14 Jun 1847 in Bergen -- daughter of Peter Martinus Stephansen and Elen Catharine Hansen. See: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=4&filnamn=doep1816&gardpostnr=71079&merk=71079#ovre>LenkeAccording to his marriage record, Peter Martinus Stephansen (skipper) was born ca. 1808 in Borgund. See: LenkeI found this burial record: Peter Martin Stephansen, skipper, b. 17 April 1808 Aalesund, residence Toldbodalm. 5, NK, died 6 Feb 1897. See: LenkeIn Døypte i Borgund 1800-1816, and found only one 'Peter Martinus' who fit these details: dpt 17 April 1808, son of Stephan Stephansen Emmelem (mother not named). See: LenkeIn 1801 at Emmelem, I found Stephan Stephansen (age 30) married to Anne Ellingsdatter (age 27). On the LDS website, I found their marriage, 1 Jan 1800 Norddal.In Gravlagde i Borgund 1816-1939, I found this: Anne Ellingsdatter died 23 April 1825 at Emmelem, age 51. See:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I don`t understand this. You are saying 'Elling Larsen is a direct DESCENDANT from the Norwegian royal familiy', and Elling was born in 1734 ?Which royal family should this be ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I apologize for the confusion. I meant the first King of Norway, not the present King! I worded that poorly.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei BeritI realize this is pretty far-fetched -- and clearly, I cannot prove it using any official documents... especially from where I live in Canada! On the LDS website, there is an ancestral file that connects Elling Larsen (b 1734 at Flydal, son of Lars Olsen Skylstad & Ingeborg Pedersdatter) to Harald I.If I could determine that this Elling Larsen is the great-grandfather of Nicoline Dorthea Stephansen, then I would contact the provider of that Ancestral File and ask what is the basis for it. It's probably nothing more than an interesting theory.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kvien

Hello Patti,This is from the Bygdebok for Sunnylven:Vesterås, Ellinggarden 3 2 and 3:1762: Elling Larsson Flydal, married to Ingeborg Lardatter Vinje, born 1740. Ingeborg died 1783. Elling next married Else Jonsdtr. Kleiven. She died 1798, 55 years old, and he 1801, 68 y.o.Children:1 Gregorius, b. 1766, next on the farm.2.Ingeborg, b. 1766, married to Lars Steffenson Gjørva.3. Marta, born 1770, married to Anders Knutson, Ålesund.4. Mali b. 1772, d. 17975. Anne, b. 1774, married to Stefen S. Bjørdal6. Lars, b. 1776, married to Nille P. Ekornesvåg.7. Gjøri, b. 1779, married to Ole Olsen Flydal.8. Ole, b. 1782 who was enrolled to the army and died at Kongsvinger.Our King visited the Flydal farm a few years ago together with other European Royal families. This visit may have lead to the misunderstanding that the Flydal people where descendents of a King. :=))

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Myklebust

Anne Ellingsdtr was born in 1774, being a daughter of Elling Larsen and wife Else Jonsdtr Vesteraas. She married Steffen Steffensen Bjørdal 1. jan. 1800 and they moved to Emblem in Borgund.Elling Larsen was born abt. 1734 at the farm Flydal and married Else Jonsdtr 23. Jun. 1765 in Norddal. (They were engaged 31. Dec. 1764 in Geiranger.) Else Jonsdtr came from the farm Kleiven in Norddal.Elling Larsen was a son of Lars Olsen (died 1766 age 77) and wife Ingeborg Pedersdtr (died 1664 age 68) Flydal. Ingeborg was a daughter of Peder Larsen Flydal (died 1742 age 84) and wife Marthe Halkjellsdtr from Vesteraas. Lars Olson came from the farm Skylstad in Hjørundfjord parish.The royal link is harder to prove. According to the “bygdebok” for Hjørundfjord the grandmother of Lars Olsen should be an illegitimate child of King Kristian IV. But there is no written proof for this. The child, named Kristiane, should have been raised by Ole Jonsen at the farm Skylstad and later married his son Jon Olsen. Jon Olsen’s son Ole Jonsen Skylstad (abt. 1640 – 1707) was the father of Lars Olsen Flydal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Tor (Kvein) and Tor (Myklebust)Thank you both for your feedback. What I know now is that Nicoline Dorthea Stephansen was the great-grandaughter of Elling Larsen Vesteraas. The rest of it is, as I said, an interesting theory.According to the LDS Ancestral File, Elling's link to Harald I is through the wife of Ole Jonsen (abt 1640-1707), Mali Rasmusdatter (abt 1656-1737). Her Ancestral File number is 2185-4B. I will have to go back to the LDS website and see who submitted this file. As I am sure you know, these files are not always correct. And in this case, I wonder about the sources for the very very old data.Again, thank you both... Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.