Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#41076] Emmigration from Bergen

Gjest Tonia Nielsen
 Del

Gjest Tonia Nielsen

Hello Have all of the records regarding emmigration from Bergen been posted in the Digitalarkivet? I am trying to find information about Christence/Constance Meyer. She was born Jan 2, 1851 in Askoen Parish, Bergen, Norway. Her father was Christian Magnus Meyer and her mother was Cecilia Freddike Russ-Olsen. The family appears in the appears in the 1865 Bergen Census. Her father died in 1873 and her mother died in 1875. Constance is not mentioned in her father's will and that makes me think that she left Norway before 1873. She married Niels Nielsen from Denmark. She next appears in the 1885 Copenhagen, Denmark, Census.I am hoping her emmigration record will help me find her marriage record and Niels' parents.I posted this query on the other forum but no one was able to help.Thank you Tonia Nielsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The estate of Cecilie Fredrikke Meyer and Christian Magnus Meyer was registered May 7, 1875. Their heirs: Christian Magnus Meyer, age 15, living in Bergen, Janne Petrine, married to Anton Fredriksen, Mo i Ranen, Augusta Christine Meyer, 26, living in Aarhus (Denmark), Lucie Margrethe Meyer, 22, Bergen, Christence Marie Meyer, 24, Bergen, Thora Octilde Meyere, age 12, Bergen.So according to the record Christence Marie still lived in Bergen i 1875.Since 1860 everyone could travel within Norway and to countries abroad without passports. To go 'over-seas' (e.g. America) they had to register in the emigration records, but Denmark was not 'over-seas' by this definition.The Bergen emigrant records 1867-1873 have been lost. We only have data from passenger lists kept in Canada and USA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin S. Aasen

Hi Tonia N.!I have seen your postings in 'brukerforumet', too.You have a possibility. You could post request according probates of Christence/Constance/Christine`s sisters Thora and Lucie. They were in Bergen 1900 (census 1900 Bergen). They died 1939 (Thora) and 1943 (Lucie). Then you can possibly know the names of heirs. And where they lived in 1939 and 1943.Do you know where the 1st child of Niels and Christence was born and what time of the birth/christening? That can be a trace to find the marriage. If you have found the birth/christening to this child (and maybe births/christenings to other children), see what stands there. Maybe year of the marriage and/or place of the marriage.From Kristin S. Aasen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tonia Nielsen

Thank you Yngve and Kristen for the information. A cousin in Sweden had told me that Christence was not in her father's will. I will have to contact him and let him know differently.I do know the birth dates of all of Christence's children. I have the death certificates of 4 of her children and the certificates state they were born in Copenhagen.I really appreciate both of you responding. You have given me something to thing about and other avenues to try.Thank you again Tonia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.