Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#41376] Tande Norde, Sougstad, Smedstuen farms in Ringsaker.

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson
 Del

Could someone tell if either the Tande Norde farm or the Sougstad farm which appear in the 1801 Census for Ringsaker would be the same farm named Smedstuen which appears in the 1865, 1875 and 1900 census? Or if any of these farms are close to each other? Thank you very much. Mary Ellen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ola Ljødal

I expected that one of the local experts would answer your request. This is what I know: The three farms you mention are situated quite a distance from each other, and there are two farms with the name Smedstad. I don't think it possible that Tande or Sougstad have been called Smedstad at any time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ola Ljødal

Det forundrer meg at ingen i Ringsaker kan hjelpe innsenderen med mer nøyaktig svar enn det jeg har kunnet gi. Er det ikke noen som føler seg kallet?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Thor Bohmer

Well, I could probably help. I do not know Smestua, but I know the rest.If you could describe more of the backgroand for your question perhaps it would be easier to help you?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am looking for the parents of Maria Mikkelsdtr. who was married to Hans Larsen. Hans was 71 and living on the Smedstuen farm in the 1865 census. She was not listed, so had died by then. It is said that the farm Smedstuen was her father's. In the 1801 census I find 2 Maria Michelsdtrs, one is 1 year old and living on the Sougstad farm and the other is 4 and living on the Tande Norde farm. I thought that maybe one of those farms and the Smedstuen farm were the same farm or close by. I also do not have any information on Hans' parentage. If someone could direct me where to look, I would be most appreciative. Thank you kindly for answering. Mary Ellen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There is a Hans Larsen about the right age in the 1801 census on 3 farms: Nyehuus, Hole MIdt, Marchind Nedre. How would I go about finding which one is the husband of Maria Mikkelsdtr Smedstuen? Tusen Takk, Mary Ellen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else Kari Ulven Vilhelmsen

If you take a closer look at Hans Larsen in census 1865 you will see that he was born in Modum and not Ringsaker. I am not sure but I belive that Smedstuen is a place under the farm Aasen nedre in 1801.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else Kari Ulven Vilhelmsen

If you search on Familysearch you will find the marriage of Hans Larsen and Maria Michelsdtr. They got married the 20/6 1822 in Ringsaker. His age 27 her age 19,that means she was not born in 1801. This data is taken from VRI so they should be right. But you never know with familysearch so you have to check with the churchbook.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lillian Kristiansen

Churchbook Ringsaker Mini 5 1814 - 26 Marriage number 414, page 433.Their age are 27 and 19. Both of them stayed at Nyqvern - he was the owner (Freeholder)and she was also an owners daughter. Their Bestmen was Anders Hansen Lunna and Ole Olsen Brandboe? (Not sure about the adress for Ole Olsen)Married in Ringsaker church. None of them married before.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

As far as I can see the farm Smedstuen 'the smiths cottage' (there are five of them in Ringsaker) no. 361b in 1865 and 1875 is the same as no 302-2 in 1900. At least you find Andreas Hansen b 1839 there in all three instances. It is well marked on a map from 1791, saying that is situated by 'Næren-Vandet' on 'Nedre Aasens Formeente Eyendom', which in more modern language means by Lake Næra on land claimed to be owned by Nedre Aasen Farm. We happen to have a cottage there. The only traces you can find after the smith is deposits of coal on the side of the road leading down to the farm.But here at least you can see a picture of Smedstuen ('Smedstuggua' in the local dialect)taken last summer. The white house is old, so it may very well be the original one. The inner walls (not visible) are of timber.Use it as you want, but I would appreciate it if the photographer's name is mentioned!

bilete1175.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steinar Vasaasen

Hello Mary Ellen! Hans Larsen was born at the farm Kamperud in Modum in Buskerud county in 1795. He came to Ringsaker in 1822 from 'Biri Prestegaard' on the other side of the lake Mjøsa. Maria Mikkelsdatter was born in 1803 at Sørbyeie in Ringsaker. Since I have your email-adress I'll send you all the information I have about this family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.