Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#41406] Looking For Info On Ola Syverson Logsengardeie, b. 1854

Gjest Dave McPhail
 Del

Gjest Dave McPhail

Ola was the oldest brother of my ggramma Kersti (or Kjersti) b. 1866 who emigrated from Aal to Osage, Iowa in 1883. Ola (Ole) stayed in Norway and according to census records, was living in Romsdal in 1898. The family story passed down from my ggramma was he worked on a fishing boat and died at sea. Any help with maritime and burial records after 1898 in Romsdal or Aal will be much obliged.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave McPhail

I know about my gggrandparents Syver Helgosen and Haldis Aslesdatter thanks to the Aal bygdebok by author Thor Warberg. I contributed info to Thor on the families of the Syverson/Logsengard emigrants who settled in America. I'm looking any Norwegian records of what happened to Ola and his sister, Margit (or Marit)who stayed in Norway and according to your census, were both alive in Romsdal in 1898. I have no info on where they lived so HJELP!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Dave McPhail

I have new info on 2 of Ola's sisters, Marit (Margit) and Guri Syversdatter who emigrated from Kristiana aboard the SS Angelo on 30.04.1880. Their destination was St. Ansgar, Iowa and when they Americanized their names, Guri became Julia and Marit, Mary. Julia married and raised a family in Mitchell county and is buried in Osage. Mary went back to Norway and was alive with brother Ola Syverson in Romsdal, according to your 1898 census. When Ola was 'lost at sea', Mary/Marit/Margit must have been there to settle things. Let me know & mange takks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dave McPhail

Dear Berit, The 1898 census you ask about was the one from Romsdal that appears in the Aal bygdebok showing that Ola and Marit Syverson Logsengardeie were both alive during that year. I have no other information and hope your talents and database will find some info on my ggreat uncle and aunt. If some of their descendants in Norway have wondered about the Syversons that emigrated to Osage and St. Ansgar in Mitchell county Iowa, during the 1880s, I have much to tell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Dave McPhail

Takks Lars for the 1900-telling data on Ole Syverson from Landvig. I'm still trying to put together old Syverson family stories from Iowa with the info I find in Norway. Please tell me if Landvig is on the coast near Romsdal. If so, Ole (according to family records, the oldest brother who was a fisherman lost at sea) is my gguncle and I have some more 2nd cousins in Norway Let me know and much obliged.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.