Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#41447] Search for Ingeborg Knutsdatter

Gjest John Ziehr
 Del

Gjest John Ziehr

I am searching for my wife's great grandmother, and her mother.In the 1865 census she is shown on the farm at Unneland in Haus. Her name is listed as Ingebarr Mikkelsd. I do not know why the first name is listed incorrectly but her last name is listed incorrectly because she is listed under her mother Agotha Olsd. and her mother’s second husband, Mikkel Arnes. Ingeborg’s actual father was Knut Hallvardson who was born at Tinn in 1811. So, I know where she was in the 1865 census.The 1875 census for Haus is not shown in the Digitalarkivet so I can not track her. But, the book for Haus says that Mikkel was living with his grandmother’s (Agotha’s) sister in Borgo in 1875. And then the immigration record for 1878 shows Mikkel coming to the United States with other relatives, but again there is no mention of Ingeborg.So, I continue to search for Ingeborg, and for Agotha.Any help would be appreciated. John Ziehr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

According to the Haus Ættarbok III Ådna page 252 Agotha died in 1890 at the age of 83. Her first husband Knut Hallvardson died in 1839, her second husband Mikkel Arneson (born 1793) died in 1870.Ingeborg Knutsdatter got a son Mikkel Andreasson in 1861. This son lived in Borgo in 1875.Ingeborg Knutsdatter had a sister Pernilla Knutsdatter. Pernilla married Moses Ludvigsen in 1875, got one son and one daughter, and emigrated to America in 1886.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Agotha died Nov. 21, 1890 and was buried in Arna Nov. 26, 1890. LenkeI have searched for Ingeborg Knutsdatter, but so far I have not found more about her. As Ingeborg is your wifes great grandmother, do you know whether or not she emigrated?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Ziehr

I tried to reply earlier but apparently made a mistake and will try again.To our knowledge Ingeborg did not emigrate to the United States.Mikkel emmigrated in 1878 with several of his cousins. They settled in Minnesota and I am searching for them now.I have searched for Ingeborg in the 1900 census but did not find her. The 1875 census does not contain all of the communities in Hordaland so I was not surprised to not find her there.Any help would be appreciated. John Ziehr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here You have a link to Ingeborg i 1865. The son Mikkel Andreassen lives with her and Ingeborgs mother and step-father.Lenke1875 census is not available from all places in digital arcives. ( Only on paper i think?)Best regards from Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Ziehr

In your previous note you mentioned that some of the census records from 1875 are only not paper, not digitized. Since I do not read Norwegian how do I get someone to search the census records to find Ingeborg?Thank you for your help. John Ziehr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.