Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#42652] Anna Finstad f. 1858 i Trondheim, emigrerte til USA , Chicago i 1888

Gjest Rolf Andresen
 Del

Gjest Rolf Andresen

Anna var 30 år og ugift da hun emigrerte til USA 3.10.1888. Chicago var oppgitt som stedet hun skulle til. Noen som vet hvordan det gikk med Anna. mvh Rolf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Perhaps something is known about her siblings and parents? (or any other details at all?) I can do 2 marr lookups, 1890 and 1892; Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rolf Andresen

Anna was the only one in the family who emigrated to the USA. Her father was Peder Pedersen Finstad, born: 10.25.1822 in Ovre Rendalen, Hedmark Norway. He died: 6.16.1869 in Vardo, Norway. Her mother was Gunhild Marie Moe (Larsdatter), born: 4.30.1829 in Trondheim, Norway. Anna had four brothers and one sister. Thats all I know. Rolf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Your info and ancestry census data mean the 1892 marriage to Paulsen is not your Annie. But the data supports the 8-2-1890 marr to Christian Hansen. He is a painter in 1910 and a bank janitor in 1910 and 1920. They are not in the 1930, it seems; so the 1929 Annette dc might be her. I will look at the 1890mc and then the 1920dc's. Christian was born in Norway, march 1850 and might have entered the us in 1882. No kids. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rolf Andresent

Anna was the sister of my father's grandmother. The last time anyone heard from her was in 1903, and for that reason I wonder what kind of life she had, and what eventually happened to her.Rolf .

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

My typo..painter was 1900, of course. I found the dc's for the bank janitor/wife (1910&1920)...and am not happy with the info..they seem to be wrong, she is from Hole and he is from Laurvik; and so i must consider your people as perhaps not living before 1910....i will do some more dc lookups per info in cyberdrive, Roger. ( and that would explain the loss of contact! ...any addresses ? )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rolf Andresen

Anna was born 1858 in Trondheim. In 1865 she lived in Vardo with her family. 10.03.1888 she emigrated to the USA (Chicago). Thats all I know. About her husband I have no knowledge. Rolf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

We got lucky. Found her. I have a few ideas for now finding Christian...he could be that other one, remarried. Or he might be the 64 year old who passed in 1913. Or perhaps the cemetery office at Mt Olive will cooperate with me (dicey). And, perhaps, an obit might be found. In 1908 the dc form did not ask the detailed questions of later years, so her parents and place within Norway is not given. She died the 16th of march, 1908, in Illinois 19 years (almost 20, i suspose); at age 50, 1 month, 10 days---so perhaps that can be matched to a church record? Housewife, living at 2364 N Hamlin Ave ..but i did not find them in the 1907 or 1908 city dir's...i could try other years, maybe next week. She had been ill over 5 months with mennengitis(bad spelling). ..about Christian, his age is given as 26 on the marriage cert, but the 1900 says 1850, my ancestry search did not turnup any other possibles, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.