Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#42817] Methodist church records

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Can anyone explain to me why some of the state church records on line list members of the Methodist church and others do not? Will Methodist records also be made available on line through the Digitalarkivet? I am particularly interested in the Drammen and surrounding areas.Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

As you not have received any answere, I guess that the best would be to put your request at Arkivforum. Then people who`s working with different stuff about archieves, maybe will se your request.Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

From 1850, the priest usually listed the dissenters in the church records as well. For some areas there are seperate dissenters protocols in which members of the Methodist church are listed. In smaller areas/parishes the dissenters were listed in the regular church records, but at the end of a list/protocol.There was a seperate dissenter protocol for the Catholic Church in Drammen. I assume, members of the Methodist church are listed in the regular church records as dissenters. If you see this list of available church records for Drammen on microfilm: Lenke you will e that from 1877 (church record I 18), dissenters are listed as well.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thank you Mariann for putting my query in the right forum and thank you Anette for helping me understand better where to search for Methodist records.Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.