Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#42843] Ole Olsen Nygaard. Nes på Romerike. Er det noen som vet mer?

Gjest Terje Aastorp
 Del

Gjest Terje Aastorp

Ole Olsen Nygaard født 1865 eller 1866 i Nes på Romerike. Han emigrete til Chicago 10/4 1891. Han var skomaker. Kjenner noen hans slekt i Nes eller i Amerika? Han etterlot seg i Kristiania en sønn, Olaf Arthur Nygaard (ue), min kones bestefar. Vennlig hilsen Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Did he use the Olsen name here? I see an Ole in 1900, born april, 1865, to usa in 1892; but works in a fish store, can his birth info be found ? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest F. Engebretsen

Bygdeboka for Nes, bind IV s 453:'NYGÅRD' OLE ANDREAS LARSEN fra Skulemesterstua ved Torstua(43 år i 1865) g.m Andrea Hansd.1822-92 fra Kjusbråten var husm i 1865. Barn:Dina f.1847 g.m Ole Haugen ved Roligheta,Hans, f ca 1849, Gina Andrea f.1854, g 1875 m Haldor Jonsen øye,Pauline f ca 1855, Mina f.1861, Anna Olivia f 1864 Ole Andreas f. 1866, reiste til Amerika, Karl, f 1869, Hans f.1870 g m Sofie fra Oslo, kjøpte Nordgarn Vennevål(barna Astrid og Inga Wennevold bor i Oslo, herman Fossgt.14

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Aastorp

Det er sansynlig at dette er riktig familie. Ole Nygaard var skomaker og iflg folketellingen 1900 var Ole Larsen (far) og Hans (bror) skomakere. De bodde da på gården Venevold nordre. Takk for god hjelp. Mvh Grete og Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Hopefully this will be 'good help' ! See the 1920 census: Chicago, Ole Wygard, who works at a shoe manf. Single, boarder; the data is not perfect..to usa in 1890, but most likely a match. I see an Ole (negaard), 1934, in cyberdrive, so i will lu the dc; Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

That was him, it seems someone thought the name was Negaard or Nygaard and wrote both on the dc, but the indexer thought the 'y' was a 'g'. I can email a copy of the dc if you like; i will ask the Montrose cemetery about the wife, she ought to be there. And he was always a shoemaker and was working for himself(repairs, perhaps?) at his retirement in July, 1929. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Aastorp

To my american friend, yes you kan send me an email. Ole left Kristiania april 4. 1891 with ship line= A. Sharpe - boat= Montebello. Olaf mother never married Ole, she stayed unmarried. The family know that he married a girl in US. My email: te-aast@online.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Perhaps someone with ancestry access would look at Christine Thoms on the NY pass list, 1885, born march 1878. She and 2 other kids and 1 adult (i think) came from Germany. I could not read the handwriting in the short time before losing access at the library today. She is in Chicago in the 1900 as Christian Thoms, 22, born Germany, to usa 1884. (a 1 year diff is common) She marries Charles O. North (b ca1870) of Norway. He came ca1891, did not look into that. They have a son, Stanley H. (31 dec 1907 - feb 1974 (in WI)). Sooo what, you say? Montrose tells me that Ole is buried in a lot owned by Christine and her son Stanley! They buried Charles in Feb, 1923 and then Ole in 1934 and no others have been since. So how come? They offered a big hint---Ole was married to one of Christine's sisters. Christine and Stanley move to WI and she marries a Vogt. And so the lot has has no additions since 1934 (and, of course, no one tells the cemetery office whats up). But, they claim to have no other Nygaards until 1984, and she is from a different family they say. So--where in the world is Ole's wife? Beats me, maybe a indexing foulup, perhaps due to 'creative'(or lousy) handwriting. I will look at marr index film(1910+) for Cook, perhaps next week, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Just a brief note now, the library is closing. The Thoms reference is bogus; i found his 2 marriages and Irene. See Ole NORTH, in the 1910, age 43. Elizabeth dies in Nov 1917. His first wife might have been Mary Nilson, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

You must tell me how far to go with this, it seems possible to find family from Ole's step-children. I now have reason to beieve that Ole shares the same cemetery lot with his brother, a Charles O. North(in US about 35 years), born to Ollie North on May 18, 1869, he passes of heart problems at age 53 and was married to Christina or Tine Thoms and i have some info about the Thoms family, they were from Holstein and the father was Henry who lived at Peru, IL. No other info was given about Charles on the dc, i have asked for a Trib obit search. Ole's first wife is likely Mary Nilsen, cert 204540, on 24 july 1893, he 27, she 19. I asked ELCA for the info from Pastor Torgersen's church book, it should have place info. The city dir indicates Ole is a janitor, i suspose it took a few years to save and acquire shoemaking tools. No trace of Mary (!?) following the marr, did not look at this marr sooner because he is single in the 1900; the 1898 and 1900 city dirs have him as a shoemaker and no entry for Mary. And no Mary in the IL indexes, both online and film; i wonder if a farm book entry exists?! Anyway, the 1910 census tells that Ole is married (ca1903) and has taken the North name and the 1907 city dir agrees---he is now shoemaker North. And after Wife #2 and his only child die he becomes a Nygard or Nygaard again. Could not find a birth cert for Irene, born ca 1907, dead 1918 about 6 months after her mother passed, Irene died from a problem brought on by a broken left leg bone, taken from Nor. Childrens Hosp in Edison Park to Cook county hosp at the last minute, but too late, and so the dc--completed at county--gets her age and parent info slightly wrong, she must have been around 11, and is at Mt. Olive. Also at Mt Olive is her mother and his wife #2. Could not find any marr info for them at FS or cyberdrive. But she was Elizabeth Nystrom North, born March 31, 1866 to 'Stange' and 'Buck' -- no first names or places, but in Norway and to USA ca1877 and this was her 2nd marr, per the 1910 census. A Charles G. Nystrom was the informant, her father/brother/ex-husband? But i think her husband was Gust, born july 24, 1863. Her kids include a Stewart, who passed in Lake county in 1971, a few miles from me. I think Andrew and Margaret were born after the 1900 census to Elizabeth and Gust. I can try to locate the graves at Mt O, might learn something new. If Ole had enough assets left from the sale of his business in aug 1929, probate would be required and those records would be useful, should tell of every marriage and child; the dc says married at time of death--but this could be a mis-understanding----confusion might be over if he was ever married versus now married, as no wife info was recorded on the dc; Roger. (i have asked for a Trib obit search for Ole)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Updates: Elizabeth, born Nor to Nor's, to USA in 1886 per the 1900; her first husband, Gust, to USA in 1887, born Norway to a Danish father and Norsk mother. And regarding the 183 marriage: lived at 82 W Huron and both from Christiania, so this seems to be your Ole. Whatever happened likely occurred beween 1898 and 1900 as the city dir says: 'bds' in 1900 and 'h' in 1898, 'boards' versus 'home'. I can look at the 1899 also, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Mary was rather easy to find in 3 census, so i can look at a few 1920's dc's and the 1890's birth fiche, she had 2 with Ole. But she did not raise them, again it seems Ole's probate(if any) is going to be very helpful. And perhaps a divorce record can be found in the 190x years, there are lookup people who will search for a fee. In the 1900 she is Marie Nygard, servant, born nov 1875(?), (i think she did not provide the info directly--rather likely comes from the homeowner), married for 2(?) years--perhaps 7 transcribed badly--with 2 kids, but not with her and the living info is blank as is the to USA date. That seems to imply they have been given to '?'. The 'Nov' birth for her was more likely 1872/73. The 1910 has her divorced, Marie Nelsen (but the source is written Nilsen, i believe). Lodger, doing laundry, 38, and to USA in 1892. The 1920 has her in a better job, servant at a Glencoe home(very nice), 48, wd, and to USA in 1892. There are several possibles in the IL index for the 1920's---did not see her in 1930--but perhaps i have overlooked someone? The WW1 index of IL's born in the 1890's needs to be xrefed to the 1900, perhaps both Nyg... and North, i suspose. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

So, after not finding anyone in the 1920's---i tried the 1930 again, and found her indexed as May Nelson, 58, divorced, still working as a servant, but this time she is back in Chicago, at a nice address. The source is really written as Mary Nilson, to USA in 1891 this time. And found 1 of the children: Harry Albert Nygaard passed on sept 8, 1894 at age 1 month, 20 days; buried Mt Olive, father was Ole, a shoemaker, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.