Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#43407] looking for information on Hans Peter Hanson

Gjest Audrey Moderow
 Del

Gjest Audrey Moderow

I am looking for any info on my grandfather who's name was Hans Peter Hanson born 1870. His father's name was Johannes born in Norway. Mother unknown. Brother was Martin, Born Sept 06 1875. Sister name unknown, died in childhood. thank you for any info.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Eide

Do you have any more info, Audrey ?Such as where did Hans Peter setle in US ? When did he first time appear in US ?If Hans Peter was born in rural Norway abt. 1870, he would most likely use secondname -Johanneson- (patrionymicon) when he was born. That is since his fathers first name is -Johannes-.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Audrey Moderow

The info i have is that he was raised by a foster family in St.Peter, Minnesota. died in New Effington, South Dakota in 1944. I will try to locate his obit tomorrow from south dakota.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I fond one family in 1880 in Scandinavia, Deuel, Dakota: Hans Hansen 55 N, wifte Maryanne 51 N, children: Axel 19 N, Glora 13 N, Hans 10 N and Marten 6 MN. Is it the wrong family ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Hans Petter Johannesen chr.18/12 1870 Østre Toten.Parents Johannes Hansen and Marte Johnsdtr.They married 6/5 1870 Østre Toten.(from mormon-arkivet)Emigrants from Oslo 1871.Johannes Hansen.24 year.Nettumseie Østre Toten. married worker and wife Marte 30 year.Their son Hans 1/2 year.From Oslo to ST.Peter with linje Nathanel 9/6 1871.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Audrey Moderow

It looks like both entrys may be of the same family. do you have any links to the christening or the emigration i could view online?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 Norway Search Results | Download | Pedigree-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HANS PETTER JOHANSEN Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 18 DEC 1870 Ostre Toten, Oppland, Norway Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: JOHANNES HANSEN Family Mother: MARTHE JOHNSDR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: C421748 1866 - 1877 0307297 Film NONE

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

I dont think its the same family to Berit Knudsen.There the fathers name was Hans Hanson and wife Maryanne.That family cant be the right one.Because you said that the fathers name to Hans Peter was Johannes.I think my be I have the right one because the fathers name is Johannes Hansen and he emigrated with his family Marte and son Hans b.in 1870 to St Peter Minnesota in 1871.The same place where your Hans Peter was raised.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

23516 Oslo 457A 1871 Juni 09 Johannes Hansen Nettumseie m G Arb. 24 ø. Toten St. Peter 799 Norsk Spd. 73 Nathanael 23517 Oslo 457B 1871 Juni 09 Marte f G . 30 ø. Toten St. Peter 800 Norsk Spd. 73 Nathanael 23518 Oslo 457C 1871 Juni 09 Hans m u 1/2 åR ø. Toten St. Peter 801 Norsk Spd. 73 Nathanael

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Eide

The family Nina found emigrating in 1871 seem to be supported by several strong circumstential evidences beeing the correct family.There is a posibility you may both be rigth in a way, Nina. If so, the family in Deuel in Dakota Territory in the 1880 census is the fosterfamily to Hans Peter and Martin.I assume it is the same family below here in the norwegian 1865 census at Østre Toten.LenkeThen those families may have been living in each others neighbourhood in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse Kristiansen

This might be the foster family in Norway 1865: Lenke I guess you are aware of the fact that in America children had their father's last name, not their patronymic. That's why Hans Peter was a Johannesen/Johansen in Norway and a Hansen/Hanson in the States.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Tellingsår: 1865 Kommune: Østre Toten Kommunenummer: 0528 Navn på bosted: Smebakken Antall personer registrert på bostedet: 7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Navn Familie-stilling Sivil-stand Yrke Fødselsår Fødested Etnisitet Hans Jensen Husf g Husm med Jord 1819 Østre Toten Pernille Madsdatter hans Kone g 1820 Østre Toten Johannes Hansen Deres Søn ug 1847 Østre Toten Pauline Hansdatter Deres Datter ug 1855 Østre Toten Ole Hansen Deres Søn ug 1861 Østre Toten Hellene Marie Hansdatter Deres Datter ug 1863 Østre Toten Jens Hansen Deres Søn ug 1865 Østre Toten------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registreringssentral for historiske data Universitetet i Tromsø, N-9037 Tromsø Oppdatert: 10. november 2004.This is from census 1865 Østre Toten on the farm Smedbakken.Father Hans Jensen and mother Pernille Madsdtr.Children Johannes b. in 1847. Other children Pauline,Ole,Hellene Marie and Jens.This Johannes Hansen was bor.16/11 1846 and chr.21/2 1847. The Only Johannes Hansen in Østre Toten b. in the right period.If your Johannes really was born in Østre Gausdal.He could have moved to Toten. I cant find Marte Johnsdtr b.in Toten.We need the orginal church-record from their wedding 6/5 1870 in Østre Toten.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Er det noen av dere som kan legge en lenke til Toten Historielag.Da kan kansje Audrey selv ta kontakt med dem.?Jeg kan ikke legge lenker.Og for lat å lære...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

If Smebakken Ø. Toten is the birth-place of Johannes Hansen.Then I think this is my be his brother Jens b.1865 in census 1900 Østre Toten on the farm Linnerud under Rustad.:Jens Hansen b.1865 and his wife Petra Kristiansdtr.Children:Helene Marie,Kristine, Hans,Johan and Helga.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Audrey Moderow

was talking to a cousin in Minnesota on sunday, she found a copy of Hans P. Hanson's obituary with some more info on it. will let you know what it says when it arrives.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Audrey Moderow

Received information today. Mother (Marte Johnsdatter) died 1875 and father (Johannes Hanson) one year later, the siblings were taken in by the Hans Tomte family of St Peter, Mn. Thank you for all the information you have found in such a short time. This has helped tremendously in my search. Audrey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

postar. Du kan bla mellom desse sidene ved hjelp av knappane over. Førenamn Etternamn Kjønn Alder Yrke Fødestad Far fødestad Mor fødestad Side Herad Fylke Stat Fødeår intervall 21637 Erick Oleson Tomte m 30 lab N N N 175 Norway Fillmore Minnesota 1850-1850 21638 Julia Anderson Tomte f 27 N N N 175 Norway Fillmore Minnesota 1853-1853 21639 Caroline E Tomte f 3 Mn N N 175 Norway Fillmore Minnesota 1877-1877 21640 Eda Maria Tomte f 11/1 July Mn N N 175 Norway Fillmore Minnesota 1869-1869 56377 HANS TOMTE m 33 f N N N 89 Sacred Heart Renville Minnesota 1847-1847 56378 Jorgine Tomte f 28 N N N 89 Sacred Heart Renville Minnesota 1852-1852 56379 PETER Tomte m 10 N N N 89 Sacred Heart Renville Minnesota 1870-1870 56380 Oleana Tomte f 6 N N N 89 Sacred Heart Renville Minnesota 1874-1874 56475 A H Tomte m 30 f N N N 90 Sacred Heart Renville Minnesota 1850-1850 56476 Grete C Tomte f 27 N N N 91 Sacred Heart Renville Minnesota 1853-1853 from Census 1880 Minnesota.No Tomte in Dakota 1880.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.