Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#43559] Gjertrude Olsdatter Strømmen born 1798 Smøla

Gjest Lana Ludwig
 Del

Gjest Lana Ludwig

My great grandmother Gjertrude Olsdatter Strømmen was born 1798. She married Ole Nilsen Rangnes (1798-1865). They had two daughters: Maria Olsdatter Rangnes born 1828 and Gjertrude Olsdatter born 1836. She was named for her mother who died shortly after having twins, the other twin died.Ole Nilsen Rangnes then married Maria Jakobsdatter Nelvik.My question- Who is Gjertrud Olsdatter Strømmens father? I believe her mother is Guri Olsdatter at this link: LenkeAny information about this family is appreciated. Thank you much. Lana Ludwig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

I think you are on the right path. I can tell you what is written in the 'Smøla Bygdebok' nr 2 page 434 about Straumen (Gnr 20 brnr 1),I`ll try to translate: 'New people come to that place after that the earlier family had died or moved avay. The new couple was Ole Olsen and Guri Olsdt. Both of them had Kuli as surname, but it is not sure that they was from Kuli from the beginning. They was married 1806, and it looks that they already was come to Straumen. They get contract for the place in 1811 (bygselbrev). They had 3 children, the 2 oldest was born on Kuli, Gjertrud, born in 1798 and Ole, b. 1801. He took over the place Straumen.'It is more written about the decendants, but I can scan the pages and send if you are able to translate it self. If not, I can try to write it down later if you want.I think (like you) this is the right Gjertrud in the 1801 census for Kuli, and the right mother Guri above age 28. And the farm hand (servant) above on the farm in the same census Ole Olsen age 23 is a possible father to Gjertrud. I believe it is him. I have the Church-book for Edøy from 1751 to 1819. And in 1778 there are several Ole that is baptised. There are 5, but the last of them seems most hopeful, it is Ole, born 13 jun and bapt. 19 july. His father is Asser Olsen Leervaag and mother Gulborg Tostensdatter. Lervåg is a farm ore place in the island Tustna, and also mostly of the whitness in the baptism-seremony is from Tustna, they are from Lervåg, Jørgenvåg og Tømmervåg.Of the 5 bapt. Ole in 1778 is it one more bapticed in Edøy (the 3 others are bapt. in Hopen and Bratvær)(Edøy is the near church for Kuli and Straumen)This Ole is born 2 feb 1778 bapt. 8 feb. Father Ole Olsen Sandvær fra Bratvær sogn, mother Guru Larsdt. Here are at least one whitness from a place near Straumen ; Karen Larsdt. Ødegaard.I suppose that the fact that the authors of the Smøla Bygdebook did`nt know where Ole Olsen an Guri Olsdt. was from, can indikate that they come from Tustna, but I am not sure. May be that some other can come out with something.Ivar Tyrhaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

Sorry, I did`nt think about the fact that Ole`s father must be Ole too, so it could be only 1 of the 5 Ole`s born in 1778. But when I read in Smøla Bygdebok about Straumen I see that Guri Olsdt. dies in 1836, 76 year, and also must be born about 1760. Ole Olsen dies in 10 oct.1851, 80 year old, and must be born about 1771. So I have wrong about the Ole 'farm hand' as Gjertruds father. So I think I must forget to think about 1778, and instead think about Ole Olsen born about 1771. But where is he ? In the census 1801 there is only one Ole Olsen in suitable age. Ole Olsen 29 year (ca 1772) on the farm Linvåg (Tustna)Link :Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

If you can scan the pages from Kuli and Straumen I would really appreciate that. I will try to translate. If Guri was born in 1760 then this Guri is not the right one either. I will have to do some more searching. I was leaning towards the Ole Olsen Sandvær as the father. Some more information if it will help. First- I made a mistake Gjertrude Olsdatter born 1798 was my great great grandmother. Her daughter Gjertrude Olsdatter born 1836 married Ole Mortinusen Strømmen born 1832. They were on the Kroghvær farm and had the following children: Nicolai Magnus, Mortinus, Samuel, Gjertine, Mathia, Mika (my grandmother) and Olaf. Mika married Gunder Nilsen Liabø(Joøen). thanks. Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Ivar- I just checked on the digistized parish records fro Edøy. Under marriages for 1824-1828 I found Ole Nielsen Rangnes marries Giertru Olsd. Strømen married in 1825. His father Niels Olsen Rangnes and her father- Peter Johansen. I assume this means that her father was dead by 1825. I think this is the right couple.Also checking the 1801 census there is no other Gjertrude Olsd. born about 1798. So I think my original link to the Kulø farm is right. But I am still of course giving you my best guess. What do you think? There are 2 Strømmen farms in the 1865 census- 1 Strømmen in Edøy parish and 1 Strømoen in Edøy. thanks again,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

About the 2 farms you mentioned. Strømmen (now written Straumen), is a farm on the side of Smøla that is against the country, and I think the name is because a tidewaterstream, but the little island called Strømøen(also Strømøya) (translated : 'The stream island' or something like that) is on the opposite side of Smøla, against the ocean. If I shall send scanned pages as imagefiles with e-mail I have to get your mail adress. Ivar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

My email address is lslud@localnet.com. Those are small L's not I's. Some fonts are hard to distinguish between the two. I see I mistyped in the last message. I meant to say that one of the Strømmen's is in Brattver parish and I think that would be the one, because it is near Joøen.I guess it is the Strømøen one. But again I don't know for sure.Thanks again for your interest and help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

I have looked in the church-book after Guri`s babtism. It`s no Guri or Guro babt. in Edøy sogn in 1771-72-73. In the years around 1760 we have in 1760 one Guro bapt. in Hopen Dom. Cantate. Father Benjamin Nielsen Rogst?? (I think the letters was indistinct) Ed.Menighet) The mother is not mentioned. They did`nt do that always in this times. Whitness: Christen Jacobsen Veien, Joen Olsen Rogstad, Berite Arentsdt. Øyen, Marite Stephensdatter Sæter, Inger Jacobsdt.Holberg.If it`s sure that the 1801 cencus for Kuli is right about Guro`s age 28, she can`nt have been baptized in Edøy. I`l now send you the scanned pages that I think you wish, from Straumen, Rangnes and Kråkvær. I could not find your people at any farm on Kuli, I think they was there only as workers, and did`nt belong to any family there. Ivar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Thanks Ivar. Maybe I will never know for sure if this is the Guro and where she originally came from. Is the Smøla bygdebok the newer on or the old one?Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

I think that it is only one Smøla Bygdebok. Of cource, it is many different of them, at least 11 or 12. I think nr 1 and 2 was released ca 1980 or so, and still it`s one left. The area around Sætran and Nordvik is coming soon. I have ca 9 of them. Book nr 2 contains the area we have chatted about, Kråkvær is the last place in this nr. of book. I am born on the island Edøy (near Smøla) and there is only 2-3 miles across a narrow fjord or strait. I think I know some of your relatives that lives on Edøy. Ivar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

A little more. I can inform you what is written in the church register for Edøen about Gjertrud`s bapt. 1798. She is born 19 mai, bapt. 27 mai. As father have the mother said that soldier Ole Olsen from Kuløe is the father. The mother is Guri Olsdt. from Kuløe. I have also the whitness (godfathers an godmothers) : Gjertina Christensdt. Kuløe, Christen Joensen Kuløe, Ole Olsen Fruehavn, Elen Thoresdt. Hestøen, Karen Erichsdt. Leerviig. As you see, there maybe is the soldier in the census I thought was Gjertruds father from the beginning. But yet, may be not.I can tell you that my 3 X grandmother Gjertrud Olsdt. Fruehavn was godmother to Ole, Gjertrud`s brother. And as father to Ole, the same soldier Ole Olsen Kuløe. I think you have rceived the scanned files now. Ivar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Ivar, Thanks for scanning those pages. I am looking them over. The one thing that I noticed right away is that Ole and Guri's third son Martinus f.1806 is my GG grandfather. His son was Ole Mortinusen b.1832 who married Gjertrud Olsd. b.1836. So they were 1st cousins. No wonder the Krog side of the family is so weird!I'm going to carefully look this over and then I will get back to you. Thanks again. I see alot of information I have already and some that I don't have. Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Ivar, If you look on p.434 Straumen you find in first paragraph- Guro Benjmainsdotter Rokstad f.1760 but she died 1789. Not the Guro we are looking for.Is there any chance your 3X grandmother Gjertrud Olsdatter Fruehavn is related somehow, or the Ole Olsen Fruehavn mentioned as a witness?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

I do`nt know anything of that. I wonder myself. My 3x grandmother Gjertrud Olsdt. came to Edøy to the farm Fruhamn from Valsøyfjord as the only (known) daughter of Ole Christensen Stor-Sandnes Valsøyfjord b.1738 and Ingrid Alvsdt. Moen, Surnadal, b. 1731. It is possible that Gjertrud could have a brother living with them for a while. Ivar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar Tyrhaug

I think (for so long) that you have your Guri and Ole in the 1801 census for Edø on Kuløe. I believe that either Smøla BB or the Cencus have wrong about their ages. If no other can come with new information about where Guri and Ole came from, I`ll think we must wait until more of the church-register-books for Smøla are scanned. In about a couple of years I suppose it is done. Then we can see the wedding in 1806, and the dead register later. Ivar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Ivar,Yes, I think they are the right ones too. I have always been warned not to trust the dates in the census and I have heard that there are mistakes in the bygdeboks too. Thanks for all your help. I really enjoyed the pages from the Smøla bgdebok.Lana

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.