Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#43923] Vetle-Gody -- Farm in Tysnes?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

On the LDS website, I found references to Vetle-Gody and Vetle-Gyo, in Tysnes, Hordaland.I could not find this farm in any census. I think it must be an archaic form. Does anyone know what is another more current name for this farm?Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you JohnOne family I found was that of Lars Jakobsen, born about 1630 (or 1645?) at 'Vetle Gyo' in Tysnes. According to an LDS ancestral file, his daughter Herborg was born at 'Vetle Gody' in Tysnes in 1683 (or 1693?). I tried to find this farm in 1701, but could not.Is Lille Godø the same as Godøen lille?Again, thank you for your help.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

'Vesle' and 'lille' is the same word, meaning small, tiny. Vetle is one of many dialectical variants of vesle, in the same fashion turning 'lille' into litle, litla. Putting the qualification after the name (Godøy lille, Godøy store (big) is just a practical way of putting it, you see the same in farm names, øvre and nedre (upper and lower), nordre and søndre (northern and southern) put after OR in front of the farm name. So yes, Lille Godø and Godø lille means the same.(Godø = arcahic. The modern form: Godøy) Norwegian can sometimes be quite complicated!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.