Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#43958] Severin Karlsen in the churchbooks

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Would someone help me to translate an entry in the scanned churchbooks? This is for the death of my great-grandfather, Severin Karlsen. It is located here: Tønsberg: 1900-1913, Ministerialbok, page 585, line 3I see that he died 13 May 1911 in Tønsberg -- I think the cause was 'heart failure'. There are some comments in the far right column, that I can't quite make out. I would appreciate any assistance.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The last column says- dead onboard 'D/S (steamship) Thor' of T.berg (Tønsberg) the day before arriving at Nanaimo-.I am not quite sure about -Nanaimo -.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...

See previous postings here about the death of my great grandfather, Severin Karlsen (b 1854 Sweden). He was living in Tønsberg at the time of his death. He died on board ship, off the coast of Nanaimo (British Columbia), but I don't believe the parish register makes any mention of where he was buried.Perhaps someone can tell me if it would have been common practice in 1911 to bury him at sea, to bury him in Nanaimo, or to bring his body back to Norway. If so, is there a record of burials in Tønsberg for 1911?I will appreciate any assistance.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørg Hukkelberg

In the church-book you can see 0 in front of his name. I think this means that he is not buried in Tønsberg. There are more persons on the same page with this 0, and they are not buried here. One more is dead abroad, and two in another community. On DIS-gravminner(register of churchyards) we cannot find him in T. So he may be buried in B.C

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Bjørg!I thought he wasn't buried in Tønsberg, but I wanted to ask the question. I appreciate your response.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.