Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#43966] Hans J. Hansen

Gjest Allison Hansen
 Del

Gjest Allison Hansen

I am trying to trace this family:Hans Peter Jacobsen, born 1839 Kragerø Mette Marie Jensen (Jensdatter), born 1843 BørøChildren: Anne C. Hansen (Hansdatter), born 1865 Kragerø Jacob Hansen (my great grandfather?), born 1863 Kragerø Jens Hansen, born 1870, died 1871 Kragerø twins Jensine Berthea & Hansine Petrea Hansen (Hansdatter), born 1873 Kragerø They appear on the 1865 Norwegian census, but not on the 1875 or 1900 one. I cannot find them entering Australia, US or Canada. They are not on any other international census that I can see.I dont know if this is the Jacob Hansen I should be chasing as we have no information on him to start with. He never spoke about his family or why he came to Australia. I have his death certificate and marriage certificate but that is all. On his marriage certificate it says he is a storeman and was from Karø, Norway. Age 52 when he was married. On his death certificate it says he was a labourer from Norway and his parents were Hans Jacobsen Hansen and May Jensen. Age 77 when he died in 1941. I also have one of his childrens birth certificates and it says he was 53 years of age, in 1924, and was from Keogi, Norway. I have double checked spelling and it definately says Karø and Keogi.Can anyone help me as to where I should search next? Or has anyone got any infromation on this particular family?Thanks Allison

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The 1875 census is only partly online - Kragerø and most neighbouring parishes are not online - so it's not strange that the family doesn't appear in this census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

Hello, Allison,I don't know the right name in english, but in a lokal 'Annotasjonsrull' number.6 page 137 # 2526 name: Jacob Hansen, transfered from roll # 1111, lived: Øen (a little island in fromt of Kragerø town) Born: 16 oct. 1864 in Kragerø. Jumped ship 2 feb. 1883 in Melbourne from the ship 'Byfoged Christie'.I'don't know if this is the right person. I will try to find more information for you.Regards, Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Allison Hansen

Thanks for that. I will look into it. Hopefully it will lead to him. My records show he came to Australia in 1878, but they could be wrong. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

This is information from the 1875 Census for Sannidal and Skåtø:Taatø or Tåtøy is an island apr. 1 km. outside Kragerø.Gunnar. 1875 4/8 239.6 kb 173C,,TAATØ,1,JAKOB,,HANSEN,M,FORÆLDRE,GIFT,STRANDSIDDER OG DAGARBEIDER,1830,A?ENDAL,,,173C,,TAATØ,,,MARIE,GURINE,HANSSEN,K,FORÆLDRE,GIFT,,1835,,,,173C,,TAATØ,,,JENS,OSKAR BOMHOF,HANSSEN,M,SØNN,,,1863,,,,173C,,TAATØ,,,ADOLF,MALGREN,HANSSEN,M,SØNN,,,1868,,,,173C,,TAATØ,,,MATHILDE,JOSEFA,HANSSEN,K,DATTER,,,1872,,,,173C,,TAATØ,,,JAKOB,MARTIN GERHARD,HANSSEN,M,SØNN,,,1864,,,FOR TIDEN SKAATØ,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

From an imigration archive.Seems like this Jakob Martin Gerhard Hanssen (born 23 april. 1864) imigrated to North America 13 aug. 1888.Gunnar. EMIGR2.TXT Side: 85 Nr. 48 Flyttedato: 13.08.1888 Etternavn: Hanssen Fornavn: Jakob Martin Gerhard Født/alder: 23.04.1864 Fødested: Bosted: Sivilstand: Ugift Stilling: Bestemmelsessted: Nord Amerika Med skip: Merknader:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

This is probably the family you write about in the first part of your email. They live on this little island 'Øen'. It is the same part of Kragerø that is mentioned in the Annotasjonsrull where I found Jacob Hansen that jumped ship in Melbourne in 1883. If he came to Australia in 1878, he was just 14 years old. (Isn't that a bit early?) If it was in 1883 he was 19.Gunnar.10801,29,006,0,Øen No.61.# 10801,29,006,1,06,01,Mette Marie,Jensdatter,,Øen No.61, 1.etg.,,,k,Husmoder,,, ,E,Huus-Bagerske,1842,Skaadø S. Sandøkedal# 10801,29,006,2,06,02,Anne Cathrine,,Hansen,Øen No.61, 1.etg.,,,k,datter,,,,,-- Moderen %delvis understøttelse%,1862,Kragerø# 10801,29,006,2,06,03,Jacob,,Hansen,Øen No.61, 1.etg.,,,M,søn,,,,,--,Moderen %delvis understøttelse%,1864,Kragerø# 10801,29,006,2,06,04,Maren Kristine ,,Hansen,Øen No.61, 1.etg.,,,k,datter,,,,, -,Moderen %delvis understøttelse%,1865,Kragerø# 10801,29,006,2,06,05,Marie Margrethe,,Hansen,Øen No.61, 1.etg.,,,k,datter,,,,, -,Moderen %delvis understøttelse%,1868,Kragerø# 10801,29,006,2,06,06,Hansine Petrea,,Hansen,Øen No.61, 1.etg.,,,k,datter,,,,,- ,Moderen %delvis understøttelse%,1873,Kragerø# 10801,29,006,4,,Nei,Nei#

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Allison Hansen

Do you know anything else other than he jumped ship? Do you know where the ship came from or was destined? The site I use for this info. is down at the moment.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

In a book called 'Fortegnelse over skip hjemmehørende i Kragerø tolldistrikt 1775-1910.' on page 11 # 121 skooner (skonnert) Byfoged Christie is mentioned, 257 reg.tonn, built on Sandåsen ,Kragerø 1881, skipper was Chr. Irgens and Th. Olsen. The owner was A. Terkelsen. It was left sinking near Montevideo 25 of may 1888.We have to check the churchbook for Kragerø or Skåtøy on the 16 th of oct. 1864 to see the name of the parents of Jacob Hansen that jumped ship in Melbourne. They are not on the net, and I do not have a copy of them here. Might be someone else here have access to them ? I would also like to see a copy of the documents. Is it possible for you to scan them and send them by email ?Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Allison Hansen

Thankyou.Which documents would you like? I would be more than happy to email them to you.Let me know which ones and I will send them ASAP.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

I have seen a document called: Memorial for Letters of Naturalization. I think that is a document everyone who setteled down in Australia have to have ? Is that correct ? Have you seen that document. Normaly it contains a lot of vital information about the person. Some times also name of the ship he travelled with.Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Allison Hansen

I have seen one document, but it is the wrong dates. Same person, same town he lived in in Australia, but said he came from Denmark on the 'Glendower' from London in 1865, aged 33. It would mean this is not the man we are after.I am going to look into it more as we now have specific dates and I didnt have them before.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.