Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44247] Girke Pedersdtr. , til USA 1881 - etterkomarar?

Gjest Alf Strand
 Del

Gjest Alf Strand

Gjerke Pedersdtr.Litle Færøy f. 1858 i Solund utvandra til USA 10/5 1881 saman med mannen Hans Andreasson Yndestad f. 10/7 1855 i Gaular. Eg har ikkje funne ut kva tid dei var gifte. I 1914 har ho vore attende i gamlelandet på besøk. 12/8 1914 reiser ho nemleg til USA på nytt.Ho er då enke og skal reisa til Whitehall, Wisconsin. Det er truleg der ho bur. Ingen born er med. Er det nokon som kan hjelpa til med å finna ut om Gjerke og Hans har etterkomarar?Alf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1910 United States Federal Census, Wisconsin, Trempealeau county, Pigeon.Hans M. Yndestad - 54 år - gift i 29 år - innvandret 1881 - farmerChirsti - kone - 52 år - innvandret 1881.Matilda - 21 år - adoptivdatter - ugift - lærer - public school

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

familien bor på samme sted i 1900 - det sies da at 'Girtie' har født null barn. Adoptivdatteren er 10 år.Hans er f. Jul 1855 - Hun er f. Jan 1858 - adoptivdatteren sept. 1899. De har vært gifte i 19 år. Innvandret 1881.Hans er carpenter - snekker - og han nevnes i Marthinius Thorsons obituary fra 1952 her: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Alf! I see from the 1914 Ellis Island record that 'Christi' (Gjerke) spelled her last name 'Indestad'...I wonder how she spelled her last name in the USA, during the later census years (1920, 1930). Do you think Hans has died by 1914 or is Gjerke just travelling alone? I will try to help if I can.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Sorry...my Norwegian is NOT perfect. I see that 'enke' means widow... So Hans must have died between 1910 and 1914...since Gjerke is a widow when she travelled in 1914. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Strand

That is what I have found out too. Her husband must have died between 1910 and 1914. But I do not know how long she stayed in Norway when she visited here in 1914.Alf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei igjen! I found a book (Trempealeau County Marriages 1856-1907) in our library archives that lists the following: Hans A. Yndestad married Gjerke Pedersdtr on July 5, 1881 in Pigeon, Trempealeau County. Parents of Hans are Andreus Monsen, Johanne Parents of Gjerke are Peder Jacobson, Bovne. I was not able to find 'Christi' or Matilda in the 1920 or 1930 censuses, living in the area of Pigeon or Whitehall...of course Matilda might have married by then. There is a family in the 1920 Eau Claire census...Peder Ydnestad, born 1877, immigrated 1901, married to Sophia (born 1883 in Wisconsin)...had several children...Do you know if this is part of another branch of the family you are searching for? mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei igjen! I talked to a person at the library in Whitehall. There is a book there about Norwegian descendants who lived in the area. Perhaps this family might be related to the family you are searching for: Mads Yndestad born Sept. 14, 1845 in Sogn og Fjordane, died at the age of 87 and lived and farmed near to Pigeon. Even if this is not the person you are searching for, there may be a connection?? The librarian said there was a whole description about Mads and his life...I can get more information if you want. Du kan skriver svar paa norsk..if you want! mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

OK, saa Mads er onkel til Hans Ydnestad. The person at the library in Whitehall read some of the story of Mads to me, yesterday. Now I am trying to remember what he told me. He said there were about 10 children...but there was an illness (typhoid?)...and I think only 3 children lived. Storemads (bror til Mads) ogsaa arbeide paa gaard. He did not find the name of Hans (or Gjerke) when he quickly scanned the book...but he said the information was at least a page...so maybe there might be some 'clues' in the information...I think it mentioned the church in Pigeon used for Mads' funeral. Perhaps Hans and Gjerke went to the same church?? Alf, are you mostly interested in descendants of Matilda? And I think you wanted to know the year/date of death for Hans and Gjerke, if possible. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alf Strand

Yes, that is right. I wonder if there are any descendants of Matilda. I am also interested in the dates of death for Hans and Gjerke. Gjerke has many relatives back in Norway, as some of her brothers and sisters had many children.Alf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I have contacted the Lutheran church in Pigeon, Wisconsin. Not sure if this is the church Hans and family might have gone to, but it is worth a try. Pigeon is still a very small town. The lady at the church has old record books back to the time period Hans might have died. I will tell you if she finds something. Perhaps Gjerke (and Matilda) moved to Whitehall after Hans died. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hans M. Yndestad died September 19, 1910. The funeral was on Sept. 21st. This is recorded at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Pigeon. There was no record of the baptism of Matilda at this church around 1889. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Gjerke is not burried next to Hans in Pigeon. But, there is a Mads Fredricksen burried next to Hans. This Mads was born 1859 died 1934...perhaps this is 'Storemads'?? Sorry I have not found information on Gjerke or Matilda so far. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei! I wondered why I did not find Mads Yndestad when I searched for Hans Yndestad in the censuses. Perhaps you knew this? But, Mads used the last name Monson in the 1920 and 1930 censuses (I did not look for earlier censuses). Gisle's information from #12 helped me figure this out. I was wondering if Gjerke or Matilda might have lived with or close to this family after Hans died. But, in 1920 and 1930 they were not with Mads' family in Pigeon. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.