Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44421] Arnt Olsen, Møre og Romsdal

Gjest Clark Pederson
 Del

Gjest Clark Pederson

I am searching for information about the family and ancestors of Arnt OLSEN. This is what we DO know: According to parish records, his confirmation was 12 September 1852 in Frænen, Møre og Romsdal and his birth date was 29 April 1836. (We have not been able to find parish records showing his birth / baptism.) Arnt seems to have disappeared between 1852 and 1871, when he was married in Australia. It is believed that he was a 'seaman' who jumped ship in Sydney around 1870. Arnt died in 1902 in Sydney, NSW, Australia. Details of his family in Australia is known. Arnt's parents were Ole NOESEN Naas, born 16 February 1800 (possibly in Kornstad) and Olava JOHNSDATTER Einsæt, born around 1811. They were married on 05 July 1835 in Qværnæs, Møre og Romsdal. Olava's 2nd marriage was to Lars OLSEN Hoem on 16 June 1854. Lars was born 18 April 1816 in Aukra, Møre Og Romsdal. They had one child, Sirianna LARSDATTER, born about 1855. (It is not known if Olava's first husband, Ole OLSEN, died or if they were divorced.) Their other children were Johanna OLSDATTER, born 04 October 1837 in Frænen; Maline OLSDATTER, born 10 September 1839 in Frænen; Nikolai OLSEN Svinøe, born 22 May 1845 on Svinøe Gard, Frænen; and Hanna K. OLSDATTER Svinøe, born 23 August 1849 on Svinøe Gard, Frænen. Olava's father was John OLSEN Einsæt. Nothing else is known about her ancestors. Ole NOESEN's parents were Noe TØRRESEN Naas, born between 1740 and 1747 in Eide, Kornstad, Qværnæs, Møre og Romsdal, and Malena Juul NIELSDATTER, born in 1755 in Qværnæs. They were married on 23 June 1782 in Kornstad. We also have the names and birth dates for Noe and Malena's children (Gunnild, Niels, Tørris, Kari, Aslak, Kristina, and Ole). If anyone has additional information about Arnt and his family (from kirkeboker, bygdeboker, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly share it with me. Thank you and have a nice day! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jonny Lyngstad

Arnt was born April 9 1836. In the churchbook you can read 'd. 9 1836.'In Eideboka volum 3, page 77 you can read about Ole born 1800, his wife, parents, grandparents and further back in time.Malena Juul Nilsdtr. Svenning came from Silneset, and in Eideboka volum 5, page 348 you can read about here ancestors.Some lines you can follow back to about 1550-1600.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Clark Pederson

Jonny, thank you for providing so much information on resources to Arnt's ancestors. Living in Japan, I have no access to this information. So, I have passed your info on to Arnt's descendent living in Australia. She is the primary researcher for this family. Again, Mange Tusen Takk! And have a nice day! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Heen

Hi ClarkI can borrow the books for Eide at the library tomorrow and put the information on this people in correct line for you. Then I can mail you the information when I'm finished. You can contact me on mail: hheen@c2i.net, if this is OK for you. Best wishes from Hanne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Clark Pederson

I would like to publicly acknowledge all the hard work that Hanne Heen has done regarding the family of Arnt Olsen. My contact in Australia, Robyn, is absolutely thrilled with all the information you have provided, Hanne, and I couldn't be more pleased in finding a new 'research friend' in this medium. And thank you, too, Tor Kvien, for introducing me to this forum. Responses from Berit Knudsen and Jonny Lyngstad tell me this is another excellent resource. I hope that I may someday be able to contribute to others, what you have done for me. Lest I forget, I understand, Jonny, that you have done extensive work on the books from which Hanne was able to find the info we were looking for. To all, mange tusen takk! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Heen

Hi ClarkFirst of all this is not hard work, just fun. And when we find relationship as well, that is the bonus.I looked in the church records for Frænen today and found that Arnt moved from Frænen to Kristiansund on September 17 1858.I found in the census 1865 for Kristiansund a family with a man Arnt Olsen, age 31, (that is about correct for the one we are looking for), with wife Elen and child Ole, age 1, they are all born in Romsdals Amt, where in that part of the region is not mentioned. I don't know if this is the right man or not. This Arnt work as a carpenter and blacksmith. I have to try and follow him in the church records for Kristiansund, they are not online for this time yet, and it my be they are burnt as well, for some timeperiod in Kristiansund the church records are very hard to read. Maybe someone can confirm if this Arnt Olsen in Kristiansund is your man or not?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Clark Pederson

Hanne, I DO understand the relationship between 'fun' and 'work' and find that the two can be one, when approached with the right attitude. Your info on Arnt's emigration to Kristiansund is interesting and opens new possibilities for following him to Australia. I am curious to see if someone else can confirm what you have found. Again, mange tusen takk! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.