Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44509] Anders Olsen b 18 May 1842 Skjelsbaek Stromgodset

Gjest Arthur Peterson
 Del

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Looking for any information as to marriage for Anders Olsen b 18 May 1842. Parents were Ole Andersen and Gunhild Halvorsdatter. According to his confirmation record, they lived at Skjelsbaek Stromgodset when he was born.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

The only Anders Olsen born i Drammen about 1840 I found in 1865 sencus is this : LenkeHe is learning shoemaking and lives in Bargernes , a part of Drammen.Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Have you got more information of Anders Olsen? Wifs name, Childrens name or emigration?Anders Olsen is a common name in Norway and I have not been able to find him in 1900 . ( Born in Drammen about 1840)Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Gunn, It is difficult sometimes to know how much or how little to put in these requests. Sorry if I didn't have enough.See quiries 34268, 36283, and 42586. One proves Ms Wickstrom was not his wife. Another gives additional information.In the birth record, who are the other names listed? Sponsors?I do not have a name for Ander's wife nor names of any children.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

That was not easy. I have read the other information, but I am not able to solve the problem.You asked of the persons listed in the birth record. They are godfathers and godmother to Anders.Might be relatives or nabours?Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here you have the marriage of Ole Andersen and Gunhild Halvorsdatter in 1842 in Skoger: LenkeIf they are the right parents? They have more children born in Skoger .Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I tried a parents search and found that ole Andersen and Gunhild Halvorsdatter had the following children born in Skoger: Halvor Olsen chr. 22 Jan 1845Olava Olsdatter Chr. 1848Marthe Karine Chr 26 Sep 185817 Nov 1854 I found a daugther Chr in Hof in Vestfold ( Not so far from Skoger area?)LenkeI do not know if this is of any help?Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Tusen takk, Gunn. The birth record is the first new piece of information in years. There are several terms under Stilling that I don't understand.What is the meaning of Bjelkehugger. What is the meaning of Tommermand, Ungkari, and Faderen?Is Marienlyst is farm name?This is a great help as I have a new direction for looking for family members.Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Sorry that I am not so clever in English language , but I will try to help with the translation. Bjelkehugger , nearly the same as as a Tømmermann. ( Lumberjack, Woodcutter) CarpenterUngkarl means an unmarried man.Faderen ( Father)Marienlyst was a farm -name. The farmhouse is Drammen Museum today.The area is a very popular place to spare time occupation .( Both winter and summer-Sports and swimmingpool in the Marienlyst park.)Here you have a link to Drammen and Marienlyst: LenkeBest regards from Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.