Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44564] Eivind Ruud 1899 from Larvik and Moss Ruud and Bang Families

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hello,on page 269 in the Larvik book, 1884-1904, I have found my uncle. I am having trouble tracing him back a few generations on each side. Would anyone be willing to assist. His name is Eiving Olaf Ruud, b Jul 19, 1899. I think some of the family was from Moss, Norway. A family note says his father was Tanner Ove Ruud. Tusen takk in advance!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar
Lenke Eivind Olaf, b. 19/7-1899, bapt. 15/10-1899, son of tanner Ove Kristian Ruud (b. 1872) and wife Inga Olava (maiden name Bang, b. 1878). Place of residence: Øvre Bøkeligate 52. Inga Olava Bang was probably from Moss, because some of the witnesses were named Bang and lived in Moss.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

In the 1900 census, the father's name seems to have been misinterpreted as Ole Kristian Ruud: LenkeHowever, he is b. 1872 in Eidsberg, Østfold, an the mother is b. 1877 in Moss. At the time of the census, they had another boy, yet not christened, but b. 26/9-1900 in Kristiania (now Oslo) where they were living at the time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Ole Kristian may be correct after all. Here [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5754&idx_id=5754&uid=ny&idx_side=-73>Lenke I've found Ole Christian b. 28/2-1872, bapt. 21/4-1872 in Eidsberg, son of farmer (gårdbruker) Ole Pedersen Rud (b. 28/1-1832) and wife Kirstine Hansdatter (b. 13/12-1834) - they were married 13/9-1855.In the 1865 census

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The wedding of Ole Kristian Ruud and Inga Olava Bang in Moss 13/5-1899 Lenke confirms that Ole Kristian Ruud's father actually was Ole Pedersen Ruud, so I've found the right one in Eidsberg. Inga Olavas father was longshoreman Olaus Bang. Once again 1877 is given as her year of birth.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Here is Olaus Bang in the 1900 census: Lenke One would assume that his wife, Ella Torkelsen, was the mother of Inga Olava, although Olaus might have been married twice.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

My final effort: Inga Olavas baptism 25/12-1877 (b. 19/9?) Lenke confirms that she was the daughter of Olaus Bang (b. 1845) and Elen Marie Torkelsen (b. 1851), who were married 1871. I believe that Elen Marie Torkelsen and Ella Torkelsen is the same person as the years of birth fit.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I couldn't leave the case without verifying Inga Olavas date of birth. Her confirmation in Moss 24/4-1892 Lenke shows that I interpreted it correctly - she was born 19/9-1877 in Moss. At this point, her father was working in a shipyard.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Olaus Hansen Bang (b. 7/1-1845 in Fredriksværn), son of Hans Bang, and Elen Marie Torkildsdatter (b. 14/10-1850 in Moss), daughter of Torkild Olsen, got married in Moss 3/12-1871: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5740&idx_id=5740&uid=ny&idx_side=-201>LenkeOlaus lived in Horten when the 1865 census was made: LenkeElen Maries parents might be this couple

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I misread Elen Marie's date of birth from the marriage record. The correct date of birth is 19/10-1850, and she was baptised 1/6-1851 Lenke. Her parents were Torkel Olsen and Anne Marie Hansdatter, which fits with the entry in the 1865 census that I suggested above.Churchbooks for Fredriksvern (now Stavern) for 1845 is not yet available.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.