Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44650] Johanne Olsdatter / Olsen / Klemetsen / OPHUS

Gjest Clark Pederson
 Del

Gjest Clark Pederson

I am looking for documentation showing the registration of Grandma's birth on 20 May 1871 in Stor-Elvdal, Hedmark. Her parents were Ole Klemetsen (born 13 November 1834, Bagstad, Øyer, Oppland) and Anne Johnsdatter (born 30 June 1839, Strandengen, Åmot, Stor-Elvdal, Hedmark). Also, I would like to see documentation in parish records of her emigration, which is believed to be 28 August 1891. According to 'Emigrants from Oslo 1867 - 1930' entry #6743 - she was on board the SS Montebello; destination Quebec. But, she was using the name OPHUS. Why? Are there bygdeboker showing her living/working on a farm by that name before emigrating? (I have seen Ophus / Opphus / Ophuus variations.) If so, I would appreciate a copy of that entry as well. Various family documents show her using all the family names listed in the subject of this email. On 08 November 1894, in Norway Township, Traill County, North Dakota, USA, Grandma married Grandpa Christian Pederson, who was born 26 September 1865 on the Lie farm in Øyer, Oppland. My father was the eldest of their 10 children. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Have a nice day! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Clark Pederson

Gunn, Thank you for all you input and links. I have all the census information on Johanne's family. As you recommended, I have contacted the Hedmark Slekt, hoping they will have the kirkeboker and bygdeboker resources. Mange tusen takk! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ola Klefsås

Living in Stor-Elvdal, I can contribute with som information, mainly from the parish registers. You will see why she used the name Ophus, - simply because she was born there! Send your e-mail address to: olaatklefsasdotcom.Greetings, Ola

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Clark Pederson

My thanks go out to Ola Klefsås and Gunn Huglen for your assistance in gathering more detail about my grandmother, information to which I have ZERO access to in Japan. Your kindesses will long be remembered. Mange tusen takk! Clark in Japan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.