Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44718] Marriage Skoger Vestfold 23 Feb 1873 Andreas Olsen and Andrine Knudsdr

Gjest Arthur Peterson
 Del

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Have been looking for the marriage record for Andreas Olsen. This marriage record is not yet digitized. Need help finding whether this is the Andreas I am looking for.This is what I know about Andreas, Born 18 May 1842, Skoger, Strømgødset, Smallpox 21 Aug 1845, Skoger, Christening 31 Jul 1842 Drammen.Parents Ole Andersen born 27 Oct 1816 and Gunnild Halvorsdr b 11 Dec 1812 Folseland Farm, Hjartdal, Telemark.Other children were Halvor b 21 Jan 1845, Skoger, Olava Louise born 6 Jan 1848, Thorine Maria born 24 Aug 1850 Hof, Bernt born 1 Jan 1853 Hof, Ingeborg b 31 May 1855 Hof, and Marthe Karine born 21 Feb 1857.Thanks for any help. Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Art! You should be careful and not ignore the fact that the groom in 1873 is called Andreas (ref. Familysearch/IGI) and the child born in 1842 is called Anders (which, by the way, is consistent with his father's patronym). The two names are often used indiscrimately, but as long as the correct parents are not identified, both options should be held open.Regards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Thank you, Kjell. Yes, I have been looking for both Andreas and Anders. The birth record says Anders. Skoger has had quite a history with being in Vestfold for a time and Buskarud other times. Add to that all the parts of Drammen and searching becomes quite tedious. Glad you were able to find your ancestors. Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

I wonder if this is the Andreas Olsen from the marriage with Andrine? LenkeIn the churchbook his fathers name was Ole Olsen, not Ole Andersen.Probably not the same person.( Birthdate is not the same )Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

The family at Lindseth østre in Hof in 1865 is not the people Art is looking for. Anders Olsen Lindseth was born March 10, 1840 and confirmed Oct. 14 1855. (ref. MINI 6 for Hof 1851-1877).If Art is sure about Ole Andertsen and Gunhild Halvorsdatter as the parents for the children listed in entry #1, their son Anders was confirmed in Skoger Oct 2, 1859. His brother Halvor was confirmed in Hof Oct 4,1863.My impression is that at least one of the parents is dead in 1865. The argument for this is that two of the children (Ingeborg and Bernt) as minors, supported by the local 'Powerty Commision', are living at two different farms in Hof (Gretteberg and Nauf, resp). The sister Olava appears to be a maid at Heierstad farm in Hof and the brother Halvor is living in Skoger (Egholt, osv). My candidate for the eldest brother, Anders, in the 1865 census is the schoemaker apprentice Anders Olsen in Drammen.It is apparent that the family was living some place in the region between Skoger and Hof. They may have moved around as hands on annual contracts leaving a mixed image of what parish they belonged to.To Art: If you're really sure of the identity of the parents (Ole Andersen and Gunild Halvorsdatter, married in Skoger May 8, 1842) you should seriously consider a revision with respect to year, date and place of their resp. birth.Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Arthur, you said the whole family emigratede in 1873 except Andreas/Anders.But when I look at the emigrationlist I can not find : Andreas, Halvor, Thorine Maria and Bernt. What happend to Halvor, Thorine M. and Bernt ?The emigration in 1873 Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Berit, I stand corrected. I should have said they all emigrated by 1873. First of all, this is not my immediate family however I am a second cousin once removed to a man researching this area.Bernt emigrated in 1871. Notes for Halvor say he emigrated in 1860 which cannot be right, possibly 1870. There is no indication of emigration record for Thorine Maria.Kjell, Ole Andersen and Gunild Halvorsdatter are definitely the parents. Whose birthdates are you questioning? The confirmation dates for Anders and Halvor are correct. Neither parent was deceased by 1865 however you might be correct about the family being despersed.Found this marriage in Hof 19 Aug 1862. Ages are about right but cannot read all of it. Would Norderhov be close enough to Skoger to be considered in researching the marriage?LenkeAny help would be appreciated. Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

The marriage: ungk. Anders Olsen 22 y., b. Øvre Lindset, father Ole Andersen and pike Anne Christine Olsdt. 22 y., b. Hougestad, father Ole Hansen Hougestad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Art! I haven't had the opportunity to check the birth of Gunhild Halvorsdatter, but I'm definetely confident that this is Ole Andersen's birth and christening (copied and lightly edited from Familysearch/VRI):Ole ANDERSEN Birth: 30 Sep 1817 Place: Eiker, Buskerud, Norway. Christening: 23 Nov 1817 Place: Eiker, Buskerud, Norway.Parents: Father: Anders OLSEN Mother: Olia BERNTSDRThe reason for pointing at this particular birth + parents is the mother's patronym, which, in accordance with norwegian tradition, is used to name one of the children (Bernt). Pluss the fact that according to the marriage record in Skoger in 1842, Ole Andersen was born at Fossesholm in Eker (Fossesholm=Øvre Eiker).Further and according to the same record, Gunhild Halvorsdatter was born in 'Tin', most likely in 1814 or 1815 (two years older than her husband, according to the marriage record) There may be other interpretations of 'Tin', but I'm fairly confident that 'Tin' means Tinn parish in Telemark county. Hjartdal is also Telemark county, but the two places are not geographically linked to the extent that I would expect Gunhild Halvorsdatter to be confused in that respect.Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here you have Ole Andersens birth if Kjell have the correct familiy: LenkeThe parents Anders Olsen and Olea Bentsen have more children Chr. in Eiker.Lars 18 mar 1807Marte Karin 30 Jan 1812and Ole 30 Sep 1817 Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arthur Peterson

Fantastic! Thank you all. I have referred my second cousin to this site so he could verify or repute any of this information. He doesn't check his e mail often so it might be a while.This I can confirm from the data I have. Parents to Gunnild were Halvor Bjørn and Tone Gulleksdtr not Halvor and Aslaug Sonderson. They had 8 children, 4 die in infancy of which 2 that die were named Gunnild. Those that lived were Bjørn, Ingri Gunnild, and Mari.Also, I find it interesting that the birth record for Anders, Lenke , lists an Ole Olsen married to Marthe Karine. And Gunn lists other children of Anders Olsen and Olea as Ole and Marthe Karine. Which one was related? Art

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 måneder senere...
Gjest Arthur Peterson

Still looking for Anders Olsen. Found this marriage in Norderhov. I think Ole Andersen is listed as from Skauger (Skoger?). Can anyone else shed any light on the entry? Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.