Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44774] Jens Olsen- born about 1824? Frederikshald

Gjest Jan Webb
 Del

I am still looking for my GGG grandfatherJens Olsen -born about 1824- Fredrikshald Norway Occupation was=skræddersmand' or 'tailorsmanHe was father of Johanne Petronelle Jensdatter-Born In Idd OstfoldJohanne Petronelle JENSDR Sex: FEvent(s): Birth: 19 Mar 1846 Place: Christening: 12 Apr 1846 Place: Idd, Ostfold, NorwayParents: Father: Jens OLSEN Mother: Boel Marie JOHANNESDRSource Information: Batch Number: C426182 Source Dates: 1832 - 1847 Film or Fiche Number: 255778 Collection Details: Idd; Den Norske KirkeCan anyone tell me anything about Jens?? His parents & date of his birth??or his family??Mange takk Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

Jens Olsen and Boel Marie Johansdtr. was not married when their daughter Johanne Petronelle was borned and christened. Boels father, Johannes Olsen was the person who told the church that his daughter shold have a child. Johannes then lived at a place called Sanden. Sanden was owned by Vevlen(Weflen) farm in Idd.I've found a person named Jens Martin Olsen in Fredrikshald(Halden) He was borned on the 4th january 1824 and christened on the 7th march 1824. His father was arbeider(worker) Ole Madsen and his mother Anne Marie Johnsdtr.. They lived in Fredrikshald.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Janice Webb

Hei HansMange takk for helping me.Was this Jens living in IDD when Johanne Petronella was born?Do you think that this is my Jens??Did Johannes say anything about Jens when he spoke to the church?Sorry to ask so many questions..If you can help I would really appreciate it!Takk Janice:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

Hei Janice!I don't think he was living in Idd, but in Fredrikshald(Halden. I've been searching after wedding in 1846 and 1847 in Idd with negativ result. It's possible to search after persons who were moving inn- and aout in Idd and Fredrikshald, but it will take som time to do it.I can't confess that the Jens i've found is your Jens. But if you know that he was borned in Frdrikshald I only found one person with the name Jens in 1824.I think Johanes told the Church that Jens was father to the child. Later I can try to seek more after their mooving and in Church books.Did any one move to Amerika/Canada?Hilsen Hans Petter Engh

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Janice Webb

Yes,(Johanne Petronella Jensdatter / Brynildsen moved to Canada. She was deaf & went to the deaf school in Oslo and met & married Klaudius Magnus Pederseon born in Stange in 1831(he was also deaf but died in OsloAll of her 4 children all came to North AmericaPeter Bernhard (bn 1872-Oslo) Martha Petterson (married a Fransen)-moved to Los Angeles Olaf Klaudius moved to Canada Ragna married a Hansen then a Sig Berg(Moved to Canada alsoHope to are able to find some more information for meTakk Janice

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter engh

Johannes mother Boel Maria Johanesdtr. was borned on 15. april 1824 and christened 2. mai 1824 in Id. Birthplace was in the Stokkebroe farm. Father was Johannes Olsen, as mentioned before and mother Pernille Olsdtr.In 1848 Johanne was vaccinated and here fathers name was Jens Olsen, and living pløace was Sand(Sanden) under the farm Weflen in Id.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunvor Sæther Brække

Hello Janice.Good to see that Berit, Hans Petter and I have found the same person. But I am afraid you can not be sure that he is the right person. May be he just was staying in Halden to learn to be a tailor? He was an apprentice? (lærling) in 1846.I am not able to find him in FT 1865, not as a tailor.But I was searching at Jens Olsen, not Jens Martin Olsen. Gunvor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

I'am agree with Gunvor, we can't be sure that Jens we have found is the right person. When Johanne was christened, her father, Jens was 'skreddersvend' in norwegian. It means that he had finished his tailer education already.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Asbjørn Schjølberg

Hi Jan. I can see you are still looking for Jens Olsen. At this link you´ll find Jens Martins confirmation in Berg church oct 1839; LenkeHe seems to be staying at Korsæt; a farm in Berg. He is nr 6, but look at nr 7 and you find another Jens Martin Olsen,born 27.04.1823 in Berg.As we have seen before there´s no way to be sure that we have found the man you are looking for. I´m quite confident that Jens and Boel never married. If so, that should be possible to see when she married Carl later on. Then her marriage should be marked as nr 2.Like the others, I can not find another Jens Olsen that fits in, in Halden at this time. I´ll mail you later, after having looked for a possible marriage and a child for this Jens.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Janice Webb

Hei & God Dag..Hans, Gunvor, Asbjorn & BeritThank you all so much for trying to help me.I was told one time by the Norwegian Deaf institute that both Petronella's parents had died quite young. I am not sure if they have more information or anything on their records about Jens?I am not sure if they were talking about Jens & Boel or Boel & her 2nd husband Carl? BrynildsenJens seems so HARD to find..'like a needle in the hay stack' as my mother would say..I guess Jens could be older than Boel too?I do not know when Petronella & Klaudius married either, but I have a feeling they met & married at the Deaf school in Oslo. I do not know if the students lived at the school or not? I know the school gave them a glass vase when they married and it has been passed down through the generations & still insist today. But unfortunately I have never seen it.Do you think Jens got married to someone else? Immigrated to North America?If you find out anything more please let me know ok?Mange tusen takk Janice :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 6 måneder senere...
Gjest Jan Webb

Hei Hans & AsbjornI was thinking about the Jens Martin Olsen (bn1824)aboveHis parents were Ole Madsen & Anne Marie Johnsdatter.Do you think there might be some information about his parents that might help us?In view of the Norwegian naming practice would Johanne Petronelle not be named after her father's mother??There was another Jens Olsen born in 1824- in Hobol?? on the Familysearch webiste -But his father was from Denmark)Anything new Hans???Mange Takk Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Asbjørn Schjølberg

Hi Jan. Jens Martin Olsen (see 10) was born 4th January 1824, and baptized in Fredrikshald 7th og march 1824; see LenkeHis father is 'worker' (of some kind) and Anna Marie Johnsdatter is his wife. They live at Porsnæsbakken (I´ll explain that to you better in a mail one of these days). The records tells us that Jens is their first child. Next step will be to find their marrigage; I will continue working.I´ve not looked into the other Jens mentioned in (10) so far.Asbjørn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Webb

Thanks alot AsbjornI was hoping that the parents information might help us to identify the correct Jens Olsen(Johanne) Petronelle's & her husband Klaudius Magnus Pedersen had 4 childrenPeter Bernhard( born 1872 Oslo) Martha Marie( born 1876-Oslo) Ragna (born 1880) Olaf Klaudius Johannes ( born 1886)Perhaps these names might help us too , in view of the Norwegian naming practices .There also was a mention of the family farm named 'Allen' - I am not sure where this farm is? But Olaf took the last name of 'Pederson Allen'Bye for now Janice:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Asbjørn Schjølberg

Hi Jan!Ole Madsen and Anne Marie Johnsdatter got married 8.August 1823 in Fredrikshald. He was then 29 years old (born aprox. 1794), while she was 25 (born aprox. 1798). No further details.Ole Madsen may be the son of Mads Halvorsen and Tore Larsdatter, Østorphaven in Rokke (in Berg) -he is 7 years old in 1801. The parents of Anne Marie (born 14.oct and christened 21. oct 1798) may be John Olsen Kolsæter (age 33 in 1801), soldier in the Fredrichshald Garrison, and his wife Anne Marie Olsdatter (age 27 in 1801).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.