Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#44886] Årøe, Sverige - Froland, Aust-Agder 1818-1842

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

I am trying to locate Årø, Sverige which is mentioned in Froland: Heim og ætt (Vol. 3, p. 51) as the birthplace of Kirsten Margrete Pedersdatter, f. 1818. It is also listed in her marriage record in Froland, 12 Aug 1842. One of her sponsors is Isach Pedersen from Årøe. I can find an Årøe in Denmark, but I don't believe it is the same place. Can someone help me find where it is located in Sweden? I am hoping to learn her parents' names from Swedish records. Takk! Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Ingrid!Tusen takk! I will looking into this town. If it is the correct town, I wonder why someone would leave it and travel all the way to Froland in southern Norway?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hej Eva! Now that sounds very promising. I expected that she would be from southwestern Sweden where many people from Värmland went to Froland to work in the Værk. Thank you so much for this information. I will start there! Tack så mycket Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kerstin Thorsen

Hei Robert.In Kragerø you also can fine Årø.In oldtime Årø was in Sannidal. Look at no.12 on this side from Froland Church-book. LenkeAre you sure that she is from Sweden. The next husband in no.13 is from Sweden.Sorry my english is not good.Hilsen Kerstin Thorsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest kerstin Thorsen

Her is more about Dortes family.From 1801-telling for 0816 Sannikedal Amt Prestegjeld Sokn Gard 63 Bratsberg Sannikedal Sannikedal Arøe Førenamn Etternamn Hushaldstill. Alder Sivilstand Yrke Kjønn 2139 Lars Petersen Husbonde 63 I 3 ægtesk. Gaardbruger M 2140 Inger Gautesdtr Hans kone 40 I 1 ægtesk. K 2141 Peter Larsen Deres børn 16 Ugivte M 2142 Hans Larsen Deres børn 14 Ugivte M 2143 Halvor Larsen Deres børn 6 Ugivte M 2144 Ingeborg Larsdtr Deres børn 19 Ugivte K 2145 Lisbeth Larsdtr Deres børn 20 Ugivte K 2146 Peter Larsen Husbonde 29 I 1 ægtesk. Jagtskipper M 2147 Sara Johannesdtr Hans kone 24 I 1 ægtesk. K 2148 Lars Petersen Deres søn 2 M 2149 Dorte Johannesdtr Tjenestepige 19 Ugivt K 2150 Jon Helliksen Fostersøn 6 MFra Kirkebok- Sannidal - døpte Født 12.04.1783 Døpt 17.04.1783 Døbt Et Pigebarn Kaldet Dorothe, Født 12. Ejusd. Par.: Johannes Olsen Straaholmen og Kirsten Pedersdatter Test.: Jacob Baxen, Jacob Larsen, Lars Eriksen, Kirsten Pedersdatter og Kirstine Andersdatter Dorte Johannesdatter ble født på Stråholmen en øy utenfor Kragerø. Hennes foreldre er: Johannes Olsen fra Sandefjord og Kirsten Pedersen fra Stråholmen. Barn: Anders, Ole, Peder, Marie, Sara,Liv, Karen og Dorte som ble tjenestepike på Årø gård.Johannes Olsen gift 2. gang med Ingeborg Olsen fra Drangedal Barn: Peder, KarenKirstens parents is: Peder Andersen and Liv Sakariasen Barn: Anders, Envald og Kirsten.Liv Sakariasen gift 2. gang med Ole Olsen Barn: OleLink to map of Årø. Lenke Hilsen Kerstin Thorsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Kerstin! Tusen takk for hjelpen! This is so wonderful. Yes, you must be correct. Årø is in Sannidal. The author of Froland must have taken Sverige from the entry below. This is important information as I was hoping that Kirsten Margrete Pedersdatter was the sister of my gggrandmother, Anne Sofie Pedersdatter. From what you have discovered, I don't believe that is the case. Anne Sofie's parents were Peder Nyqvist and Marthe Olsdatter. But I am so happy because I would have been chasing the wrong family. Thank you again for all your work.Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

Hello, Kerstin and Robert,I looked at Roberts request yesterday, and I also thought that this could be the family from Årø in Sannidal. Kerstin, I was unable to get your links to work. From the census 1801 we can see that Dorte's sister Sara is married and lives on Årø in Sannidal. As you says, Kerstin, Johannes Olsen is from Sandefjord, and he was a pilot (los) and he knew this coastline better than anyone. Kirsten's father, Peder Andersen was also a pilot.Thomas Vonn, who was on the US team in slalom and super G in the olympics in Salt Lake City in 2002, is also a desendent of Johannes Olsen from Stråholmen.I have tried to find information about Peder Halvorsen, but it seems to be a bit harder.I have found one Isach Pedersen Årøe, but he was born 1860. He owned the farm Bufjell in Sannidal, and he lived on Årøe. I have tried to look at his anchestors, but I have not found someone else with this name. (It could not be this one because the marrige was in 1842)Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Gunnar!Thanks for looking also into this family. As I mentioned I was hoping that Kirsten Margrethe Pedersdatter would turn out to be a sister to Anne Sofie Pedersdatter Nyqvist. I came across her name as I believe she was a baptismal sponsor for Thomine Maren Jørgensdtr, a child of Anne Sofie Pedersdtr Nyqvist. Kirsten Pedersdtr. lived on the farm Træ-eie. It is the same farm where Anne Sofie's mother died. Anne Sofie lived in Froland Wærket. Anne Sofie was born in Eidsvoll, so the family is not from Aust-Agder, but moved there before 1835 when Anne Sofie is confirmed. I believe her father is originally from Sweden, but I cannot prove it. Thus I hoped the clue would be Årøe in Sweden. Evidently this is not the case.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

Hello, Robert,It's ok. I used some time to write my comment, so I was a bit late to see your comments.Good luck with your research.Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.