Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#45085] Leksvik, NT: Andreas Olsen Brandås (1859-1944): Emigrasjon til Amerika?

Gjest Hermod Moursund
 Del

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei alle! I was at the archives room in our library today. I was looking at micro fiche (film), trying to find the record of Gilbert's birth. No luck. Also I looked for the marriage of Andreas and Randi...no luck there. I used the last names Olsen/Olson/Brandaas for these searches. I also looked in Ancestry in the 1900 Ashland, Wisconsin census using different name variations, including the last name Andrews. Still no luck. But, now since Ron wrote that Andreas (Anders) might have arrived in Menomonie in 1879, we could look in the 1880 census for him. Of course, he would not be married yet, so I am not sure what value that would have. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

From Minnesota Naturalization Record Indeks: Name: Elling L. GaustadCounty: NormanReel: 3Code: 9Volume: 3Page: 401Document Type: Final PapersYears: 1893 -1897Numbers: 1-452

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Thanks Arne.Patty did you look for Gilbert Andreasen/Andreassen b.22 Dec.1888 Ashland? Same birth day as mine!! Many years apart though. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Ron, I would be glad to try again! No I did not look for the name Gilbert Andreasen/Andreassen. But, I looked at the records by date, in addition to the names. So I looked for the date Dec. 22, 1888. There was nothing close to the 'possible' names around that date. Of course, I believe that not ALL births were recorded in these records....sometimes it was just the churches that have those records, due to the child's baptism. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Patty, many of the births were at home and not recorded.Odin b.1886 and Gilbert b.1888 possibly were not recorded.It appears Randi married Andreas ( Andrew )Olsen soon after arriving in Ashland in 1885.Andreas and Randi returned to Bjornbuan,Leksviken 1889-1890,then Andreas returned to Ashland where he was a blacksmith ( smed )Other children were born 1893- in Bjornbuan so Andreas probably returned 1892.He died there in 1944. You might have better luck looking for a marriage for Randi Larsen/Gaustad 1885-1886. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Moursund

Thanks for all the information. Very good.Arne: Jeg får ikke på min maskin fram kirkebokutskrifta av Randis dåp. Kan du skrive hvem som er faddere?Which year died Ole Jonsen Brandås and Beret Johannesdtr?I'm very interested about other information about the emigrations (Andreas og Randi).Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

Randis faddere: Randi Hansdtr. Høyem, Ingeborg Olsdtr. Høyem, Ole Andersen ibid., Gurine Knudsdtr. Hane (?) og Ole Røstunes(?) junior. Er litt usikker på de to siste her, du får se på det selv. Du finner dåpen i kirkebok for Byneset 1859-1877, (mini), folio 27, nr. 64.Mvh. Arne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I was at the library again yesterday. Not sure if this information is of any help. But, I looked at the 1900 MN, Norman county (Waukon) census information for Elling Gaustad (Randi's brother?). Elling is age 39, wife Minna is age 33. The first 3 children were born in Wisconsin: Levi (b. 1888), Berthina (b. 1889), Albthe (?) (b. 1893). The last child Ella was born in Minnesota in 1898. Then there is a Clara Ellefson born about 1895 in Minnesota. So, if the family was living in Ashland, they were at least there until about 1893, when 'Albthe' (spelling hard to read) was born. I also could not find a record of these births on the micro film. The census says Elling immigrated in 1879 as already mentioned in this querry. I could not locate him in a 1880 census. I thought maybe if I found Elling in 1880, Andreas might be close by. It really is too bad there is no 1890 census to search for. It really might help a lot in the search for Andreas! mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Moursund

Thanks, Patty, for good information.Jeg er fortsatt ute etter å finne alle barna til Lars Knutsen Gaustad og Gurine Olsdtr. Høyem. Jeg har flg barn pr. i dag: Elling (f. 1859), Randi (f. 1862), Knut (f. 1863).......Ole (f. 1877) og Nikoline (f. 1882).Er det noen som har hele rekka?Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei! Are you interesting in the children and the grandchildren of Lars and Gurine? Did all these 'children' travel to America? Also, I have found out there was a Lutheran church in Ashland, WI built in 1886....it was called Nidaros (!!) Lutheran church. I am going to try and find out if there are any records (births/marriages) left from this church...I don't know if the church is still in 'operation'. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hermod,Ole and Nikoline are unmarried and living with Lars and Gurine in 1900 Gaustad.I believe Alfred Andreassen f.1891 Leksvik living with them is son of Randi and Andreas Olsen ( D.s = datters son? )I couldnt find Knut emigrating. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Moursund

Takk, Ron.Jeg har nå fått en oversikt over Andreas og Randis barn: Bernhard (f. 1884??), Odin Ludvig (f. 1888), Gilbert (f. 1888), Alfred Rikard (f. 1891),Inga (f. 1895), Konrad (f. 1898), Nikoline (f. 1902), Lars (f. 1904 og Einar (f. 1906).Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Moursund

I samme oversikten har jeg flg. barn til Lars og Gurine: Elling (f. 1860), Randi (f. 1862), Knut (f. 1864), Ingeborg (f. 1865 - d. 1867), Ingeborg (f. 1869), Ole (f. 1876), Nikoline (f. 1882).Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Hermod! Did you mean to write that Odin Ludvig was born in 1886 not 1888 (see #41). Do you think Alfred Rikard was born in 1891 in America? mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Moursund

Thanks, Patty.Yes. Odin Ludvig was born in 1886 - not 1888. I don't know about where Alfred Rikard was born - perhaps in Norway - if they came to Norway in 1890????Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Patti,Alfred Rikard Andreasen was f.1891 Leksvik and lived with grandparents in 1900 Gaustad.I looked through Byneset kirke records and found: Nikoline Larsdatter Gaustad f.1882 m.Olaus Martinsen Braa f.1876 on 17.7.1909 p.130 #4 Ekteviede 1909 BynesetRagna Olsdatter f.1877 d.3.9.1911 wife of gbr.Ole Larsen Gaustad p.168 #7 bottom Døde Byneset 1912http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_id=2737

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

It appears Andreas brought Randi and sons back to Leksvik after Gilbert was born (1888).Andreas returned to Ashland in 1890 and is in the US again in 1900.( See 1900 Census )If there is another son Bernhard f.1884? he would be born in the US also.But Randi never went to Ashland until 1885 so I find this unlikely.She was single when she went to the US.Andreas could have been going back and forth until he finally stayed in Leksvik. Its possible Randi was pregnant with Alfred when Andreas went to the US in 1890.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Ron og Hermod! Did you find Andreas in the 1900 census Ron, and if so, under what name? I searched several ways and could not find him. I suppose it might be possible to find Andreas in the Ellis Island records site, if we knew what name he was using for his trip around 1900. Is this information any interest to you, Hermod? I guess Andreas did not 'mind' making that LONG trip from Norway to America since he did it several times!! mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei igjen! Found this at ellisislandrecords.org: Andreas Olsen age 40, arrived in America April 29, 1900, residence Norway, visiting 2 brothers and 1 sister....it is hard to read but looks like he is going to Wisconsin. This Andreas is a sailor. I know Andreas was supposed to be a blacksmith in Ashland in the 1880s, so I don't know if this is 'your' Andreas. This Andreas would not be found in the Federal US census in 1900, since he arrived in April...most of the censuses in 1900 were done in January. mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Moursund

Takker så mye for informasjon, Patty.Jeg har lurt på hvordan, det med de lange reisene på den tiden, han kunne reise omtrent annet hvert år. Men kunne han ha gått over til å bli sjømann - for lettere å komme seg hjem av og til? Høres ikke helt naturlig ut, det heller. Alderen stemmer jo....Takk uansett.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

I looked in Ellis Island Patty.Saw the same one but Andreas was born 1859 not 1850.In the 1900 Census for Leksvik (see above for Randi)it shows Andreas is in Amerika.Andreas would be Andrew Olsen if he was in the 1900 Wisconsin Census I would think.Andreas' brothers are still in Brandås in 1900.Its possible Andreas returned to Leksvik in 1891 and went again to the US in 1900. Then he returned in 1901 and stayed in Leksvik where he died in 1944.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.