Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#45104] Information regarding lagstol

Gjest Moira Bue
 Del

I am translating some farm data from the 1789 ofsen and came across a reference to skyld due to Oppland lagstol. Can anyone tell me what a lagstol is/was or where I can find this data. I have been unable to find a definition online although there are many references to 'lagstol'thanks, moiraanswer in Norwegian ok.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

So, if I understand this correctly, the profits from specified farms were used to pay for the support of these courts in the same manner as they were used to support the local parishes? This means that the land tax was normally paid to the crown/king/government unless the king had decreed that it, or part of it, should go elsewhere? moira

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgrim Sørnes

If you lost a case before the courts, you had to pay not only the fines, but also the lawyer's fees - both plaintiff and defense - and the judge as well (and the expenses for your arrest, transportation and in the end even the executioner's fee, if it came to that). So what this man owes the court could be fines or expenses.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Are S. Gustavsen

Moira Bue:If a farm as such owed 'skyld' to a 'lagstol', this farm (or partes of it) belonged to this 'lagstol'.Would you be so kind to specify what your sources says exactly. What was owed and what is your reference?Best RegardsAre S. Gustavsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for your help. I must be an oddball but I have become extremely interested in learning about old Norwegian tax laws/measurements etc. while doing family research!I am translating entries from the cases before the 'lagrett' in Oppland with regard to the application for tax exemptions and lowering of land tax following the Stor Ofsen of 1789 for farms associated with my husbands ancestors.There is an intoduction for each case and this one was:- KONGSLI, (nordigard Li), matr. Nr. 137 hadde skyld 6 huder og var benifisert Oplands Lagstol. Bruker var Simen Tjøstelsen.regards, moira

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.