Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#45415] Aslaug Lund, born in Tinn, Telemark Sep. 28, 1828 - help for information,please?

Gjest Lars E. Øyane (Luster kommune)
 Del

Dear Listers!I have tonite received the following inquiry from Wisconsin, and I hope that maybe someone acquainted in the neighborhood of Tinn County in Telemark can help William with further details?~~~~~~~~~~Hei Lars. I am William Huck a relative of Knute Hanson of [Hafslo in] Sogn. I am doing some other research on my family. I need to contact someone in Telemark, Tinn to be exact:My GGrandmother came from there and I am not able to find anything about her. Her name was:Aslaug Lund born 9/28/1828.she might have been married to Nils Iverson Lund born 5/15/1829 or a Halvor Berg born 8/24/1828 any help would be great William~~~~~~~~~~Thank you very much on behalf of William!Cordially yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

In 1865 I find in Tinn Telemark, only two Aslaug born about 1828 . Here you have a Aslaug as a widow . She has a daugther named Nilsdtr. ( Husbands name Nils)LenkeThe other Aslaug at same age have several children with different men . She migth have been married earlier.There are no Aslaug using Lund in 1865 in the area. Name Lund can be a farmname? I have not been able to locate her on a farm Lund either.Sorry my English is bad, but I do hope you will understand.Regards from Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas

Unfortunenately there is no farm or cotter's farm with the name Lund in Tinn. There is a farm Vålund, but no Aslaug fits in the actual period there. Lund could be an americanisation of a more 'difficult' farm name: What about Lurås in Austbygde?Several cotter's farms are called Berg, all of them i Austbygde. Berge is a farm name in Austbygde subparish, Atrå main parish and also a farm name in Mæl and Dal subparish.I have briefly browsed through the church records for Tinn parish and subparishes 1827-29 and was not able to find your Aslaug with the given birth or baptism dates. But I can have been to fast.I'm about to digitalize the church records for Tinn, but have not reached 1827-29 yet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

Here is one Aslaug Olsdatter born i Tinn 1828? Lenke Probably one of the ladies I found i Tinn i 1865. Fine that Anfinn works with digitalizing of Churchbooks. Gunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas

Hastverk er lastverk, særleg når kyrkjeboka på nettet og tilhøyrande indeksering driv reine orienteringsløpet mellom ulike årstal for ulike kjønn. Eg hellar mot Gunn Huglen sin siste kandidat: Aslaug Olsdotter. Henne finn eg i Tinn/Atrå: 1815-1843 Ministerialbok LenkeAv dette går det fram at denne Aslaug er fødd på Herlaugsstaul. Eg kan leggje til at det var plass under Svimbil/Svinbøl i Austbygde (i 1828 del av hovudsoknet Atrå). Tinnsoga fortel under Herlaugsstaul noko meir om familen, men ikkje noko meir om Aslaug enn at ho emigrerte til Amerika i 1861. Da var faren død i 1857 (61 år) og mora i 1859 (69 år), begge på Herlaugsstaul.Dersom denne Aslaug er rett, må Lund-namnet vera teke etter emigrasjonen frå Noreg. Kanskje ved giftarmål etter ankomst i USA?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas

In English: Sorry too fast earlier today. I now agree more in the direction of Gunn Huglen's last candidate: Aslaug Olsdotter. I find her in Tinn/Atrå: 1815-1843 Minister's Churchbook LenkeEntry no. 23 page 52 shows that Aslaug is born at Herlaugsstaul. I can supply that this was a cotter's farm under Svimbil/Svinbøl in Austbygde (in 1828 part of the main parish Atrå). The bygdebook, Tinnsoga, tells under Herlaugsstaul a little about the family, but not anything more of Aslaug than that she emigrated to America in 1861. At that time her father was dead in 1857 (61 years) and the mother in 1859 (69 years), both on Herlaugsstaul.If this Aslaug is correct, the Lund-name must be from after the emigration from Norway. Maybe by marriage after arrival in the US?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas

Aslaug's illegitime child, Birgit, is here Lenke born December 1851, baptized in February 1852 (Atrå Church).Halvor Knutsson Berg is said to be the child's father.I guess this is the Halvor Berg mentioned above.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas

Lars Øyane: Sidan det no ser ut som me har funne Aslaug i Austbygde i Tinn ville det vore veldig nyttig om du eller William Huck gav oss nokre opplysningar om lagnaden til Aslaug og familien hennar, t.d. bustad i USA, ekteskap, born, dødsstad?Lars Øyane: Since it now appears that we have found Aslaug in Austbygde in Tinn it would have been very useful if you or William Huck gave us some information of Aslaug and her family's fate, for example place of living in the US, marriage, children, place of death?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am grateful for all of the information that has arrived in reply to this inquiry. Since I have no information at all about this family myself, I notified William Huck by e-mail earlier this evening and encouraged him to comment on the findings.If anyone wishes to contact William Huck, please let me know off-list (lars.e.oyane@sdsl.no), and I'll send you his e-mail address!Cordially yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.