Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#46072] Marken from Nord Aurdal or Etnedal

Gjest Darin Flansburg
 Del

Gjest Darin Flansburg

I am looking for the parents of Anne Marken, who left Etnedal for Cheyenne, North Dakota in August 1899. She was born in about 1874. She possibly had a brother named Teodore. Unfortunately I do not know her patronymic name. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!Darin Flansburg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

Anne Marken left Norway from Oslo (then called Kristiania) on the 25th of August 1899. She was then 26 years old, born in Etnedal:[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=21&filnamn=emikra1&gardpostnr=135578&merk=135578#ovre>LenkeIn the 1900 census we find this family on the farm Marken: LenkeAnne's brother Erik went to the US on the 24th of March 1905: LenkeHer brother Juel went on the 28th of April 1905: Lenke-and at last her parents and the three remaining siblings: Olea, Tidemand and Syverine, went on the 9th of June 1905:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Laila,Thank you! I think with this new information I can take her ancestry back several more generations. I have the Sør Aurdal church (Bruflat) records but not the Nord Aurdal.Are you by chance related to this family?Darin Flansburg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

No, I am not related to the family, I just saw that I could help you a little.I think that Tidemand is the brother who took the name Theodore i the US.Here [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5077&idx_id=5077&uid=ny&idx_side=-4>Lenke you can read about the christening of the youngest sister, Syverine. It says that her father was born i 1847, and her mother in 1841, but I don't think the last date is correct.In the 1865 census Lenke you can see that Erik is 19 years old and helping his father (whose name also is Erik Eriksen) with the work on the farm Braaten.In the census we find Ingrid Julsdatter here:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Bjerke

This family appears in the history of Etnedal, entitled Gard og Bygd i Etnedal, by Harald Hvattum, volume A, page 276. Your library should be able to get this book for you on interlibrary loan. The north part of Etnedal was part of Nord-Aurdal until about 1875.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Hi Robert,I actually have those books but was not able to make the connection with Anne Marken. Thanks to you good people I have made the connection. I am looking this up for a co-worker of mine who is just discovering his Etnedal roots. Thank you again!Darin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Bjerke

My great-grandmother was also born in north Etnedal, but I don't recall coming across this particular family in my research.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.