Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#46143] Marta Olsdatter married to Jorgen Olsson Hope Valestrand

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Marta was married to Jorgen Olsson who was born about 1679, Hope, Valestrand, he died 1754 in Hope, Valestrand. They had a child, Anders Jorgensen b 1729 in Hope, died in 1804 in Vaage, Sveio. I would like some information about Marta.tusen takk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

I checked and found three more children:Johannes 1728: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=14&filnamn=dp12211725&gardpostnr=143&personpostnr=286&merk=286#ovre>LenkeAnders 1730: LenkeOle 1732: LenkeJörgen 1738: Lenke Someone has set up an ancestor file on FS, but nothing about Martha other than her father's first name. LenkeI see than Jörgen Olsson was just a stepson on Hope:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's their Ole's death: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=14&filnamn=gr12211725&gardpostnr=415&personpostnr=612&merk=612#ovre>Lenke This might be Johannes, but the age is not correct: Lenke I found a couple on Eidsvåg with a daughter Marta born ca 1703: Ola Samsonsson and Brita Nilsdtr. LenkeI checked with other Olsen/Olsdtr married around the same time in Valestrand and I found she had a brother Samson who got married in 1733. LenkeThere's also a Martha Olsdtr on Fagerland,but she married someone else called Pål Olsen:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Kjellaug, thank you again for your help. So, do you think that this Marthe, 20+ years younger than her husband is correct. Your best guess here please.tusen takk again! Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

A friend just sent me an extract from the bygdebook. It's said that Martha's birth and death are unknown, but now we know where she came from since Jörgen sued Martha's stepfaher, Simon Nedre Valo, because Martha hadn't got anything with her from home when she married.I remember having seen a Martha Walen somewhere here born about that time. So it means that the one from Eidsvåg is not relevant.Their children were born from about 1730 so it means that she was, no doubt, much younger than her husband. They were Johannes, Anders, Ola and Jörgen.I'll try and see if I can find this Martha Walen again.Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

BTW, the same bygdebook says that Anders Jörgesson Hope married Sissela Larsdtr Alne from Ölen and that he worked the farm from 1757 to 1769, then they left, no children are known.Are you sure you've found the right Anders?Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found an Aslach Olsen from Nedre Walen among people married in Valestrand at that time. He could very well be Marta's brother and when I look him up on FS, what do I find? He's set as coming from Eidsvåg too and the parents are Ola Samsonsson and Marta Olsd. or Marta Torbjörnsdtr (there are two entries for Aslach, same father but different name for the mother) This Aslach was born 1713:[url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/IGI/individual_record.asp?recid=100254205221&lds=1&region=12&regionfriendly=Norway&frompage=99>Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

OK I got more from Johan Arthur:Simon Nilsson who got married to Valestrand came from Meland,Bömlo, he was born in 1679 and died in 1741. He married a widow, Kari Larsdtr on Nedre Valen, she was a widow after one Ola and had two children: one daughter Marta with Ola, she got married to Hope and one son Nils with Simon. Nils died 26 years old in 1736. In 1736 Marta sued her stepfather for her heritage.So it's obvious that those who set this up on FS got her mother wrong.This could be her father in 1701, he's called Simensen, but names were often confused a bit according to their pronunciation: LenkeSo don't pay attention to the other peple I found!Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found a Kari Larsdtr who died in 1727 and her husband was Simon: Lenke I can't find any farm in Valestrand corresponding to that name today, so I wonder if they have copied it wrongly?Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hello Kjellaug,I checked that line and I show Reier Sjursen b 1825 Eltravaag, Sveio, his mother was Siri Andersdatter b 1786 Vaage Nordre, married to Sjur Reiersen, Siri's father was Anders Jorgensen b 1729 in Hope. I really appreciate your help with, as well as Johan Arthur's, you both have been a great help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hello,I also show that Anders was married twice, to Sissela Larsdatter, but I know nothing about her or her family. And to Eli Annfinnsdatter 1744 Moldbrekka, died 1811 Vaage Nordre.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

hello, so Marta has birth/death dates unknown, her mother was Kari Larsdatter d 1727, father Ola Simensen b 1665 Eidzvog. Is that correct so far? You have done a great investigation here, tusen takk! Can the lines of Kari or Ola be taken any further back.Also regarding Jorgen Olsson 1679 in Hope, is there more about the ancestors of his father Ola Ingebrigtson, or Ola's bith year and place? Also more about his wife Barbro Pedersdatter, died in Hope, and her ancestors?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Johan Arthur sent me some copies from the bygdebook, but there's nothing else about their parents. Ola is not even given with a name.I've checked the 1666 census from the area (Ertzvaag and N.Vallen/Wallen) - but no one there. Lenke There are two Samson at Valestrand, though.There are four Engelbreth (Ingebrigt) at Valestrand at that time, but impossible to say which was Ola Ingebrigtsson's father. One is too old, but the three others are 30, 40 and 10 years old in 1666.Maybe other people have found more about this, but I think it'll be difficult to take the lines any further back unless some people have come across any old papers.They could even come from either Stord island or Bömlo island, they don't necessarily have to come from the mainland, Sveio; or they could come from another place on the mainland.Good luck anyway-:) Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.