Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#46367] Johan Marinius Fredriksen f 1889 til British Columbia

Gjest Vivian Jakobsen
 Del

Gjest Vivian Jakobsen

Hei!Johan Marinius Fredriksen var født 8 sep 1889. Vi finner han i folketellinga 1900 i på gården Oldervik Indre i Tromsøysund LenkeHan utvandrer til Bristish Columbia hvor han etter sigende skal ha giftet seg med ei Ragna.Kan noen hjelpe med å finne familien i Canada?MvhVivian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John O. Svenning

Fra BC Records: Vital Event Death Registration Name: Johan Marenius Fredriksen Event Date: 1959 12 1 (Yr/Mo/Day) Age: 69 Gender: male Event Place: Hagensborg Reg. Number: 1959-09-014735 B.C. Archives Microfilm Number: B13244 GSU Microfilm Number: 2033301 Mvh John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vivian Jakobsen

Hei!Tusen takk for de fine tilbakemeldingene!Så Ragna kom fra Målselv, og Johan var vel hjemme og gifta seg med henne før de reiste over igjen i 1919.Da han døde bodde han i Hagensborg i Brisitsh Colombia. Jeg har hørt at han fikk tre barn, bl.a. ei som hette Ines. Men det har ikke lyktes med å finne dem.Har noen funnet noen av Johan og Ragna sine barn?Mvh Vivian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Skogheim

Hei Vivian! Johan og Ragna hadde flere barn, Edith Dorthea født 28.11 1920.Hun døde 28.12. 1925. Markes Randolf født 08.02 1926. Han døde 19.08. 1972. Ines / Inez finner jeg ikke. Hilsen Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hagensborg is a small Norske village near Bella Coola in middle of B.C.Markes died in Vancouver but I can find no marriage for him. RonMarkes Randolf Fredriksen Place Vancouver Reg. Number:1972-09-009739 Date:1972 6 19 (Yr/Mo/Day) Age:46 Event:Death

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Possibly sister of Johan?Groom Name:Lloyd Alexander Smith Place Vancouver Reg. Number:1930-09-374005 Bride Name:Judith Marie Frederickson Date:1930 6 5 (Yr/Mo/Day) Event: Marriage

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vivian Jakobsen

Hi Ron!Thanks a lot for the interesting history of Hagensborg!I guess we have to try to find their daughter Ines.Do you have a good place to search for her in Canada, Ron?Regards, Vivian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Vivian,were there other Fredriksens who went to Hagensborg before Johan? It seems strange he would go there unless he knew someone there.There were other Fredriksens in Hagensborg. Does Oluphine Fredriksen mean anything.My fathers long time friend Arne Olsen lived in Hagensborg,but he died 3 years ago so I cant help much. I am looking for the others.Nothing so far for Ines/Inez.When the people come here the names are changed.My Iversen became Iverson etc.So I am looking for Fredrikson,Frederikson etc. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hei Hermod Yes I have all the family emigrating in 1919. The children were not married so I looked in the records here for marriages and deaths.No births are available after 1903 ( 100 yr law ) The marriages go to 1931 but nothing was found for Markes ( Markus/Marcus ) just his death. Hagensborg is a small remote village and everyone knew everyone,and if the family stayed in Hagensborg there would be a history. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Deaths of Edith Dorthea and mother Marie. Ocean Falls was the location of a pulp mill near Bella Coola ( Hagensborg ) Maybe Johan worked in this mill.There was a settlement here for the workers.I have contacted a man in Hagensborg to see if he can find anything on the family. See the spelling of the name Fredriksen is changed. RonName:Edith D Fredericksen Place: Ocean Falls Date:1926 1 20 (Yr/Mo/Day) Age: Event:DeathName:Marie Fredericksen Place: Bella Coola Date:1937 8 26 (Yr/Mo/Day) Age:70 Event:Death

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hermod Skogheim

Hei Vivian og Ron. Etter en del telefonsamtaler med slektninger av Ragna Isaksen har jeg fått vite at Ines skal bo i Powel River og lever enda. Får flere opplysninger senere. Hilsen Hermod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hei Hermod Powell River is just up the coast from me.If you can get Ines married name? I could look in the phone book. Powell River is another small town with a pulp mill. When Edith died in Ocean Falls in 1926 they had a hospital there,so maybe she was in hospital from Hagensborg. I can not find Ragna anywhere.I am hoping the man in Hagensborg can look in the cemetery there and see who is buried with Johan Marinus. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vivian Jakobsen

Hi Ron!I just spoke to Hermod. He will contact his relativ who knows more about this during this coming week. This is his family, I just helped him start the debate:)Imagine that it is so close to where you live! The world is indeed small.It will be intereting to see what you and Hermod will come up with!Regards, Vivian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Hei Vivian! We have contact with Peter in Hagensborg. He knows of Ines and STEP sister Marie. He says Johan married 2nd time to a Magda he brought out from Norway.She had a daughter Marie. Could you ask Hermod if other Fredriksens came to Hagensborg? Peters Aunt was married to Andrew Fredriksen and he says this was the brother of Mike? Fredriksen and they came to Hagensborg around 1914? I believe we have the right people. It was mother Marie Fredriksen who died in Bella Coola in 1937.Does Hermod speak English in case I can get phone # for Ines? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

From Peter in Hagensborg.Hello Ron. Got your enquiry and yes I live in Hagensborg here in the Bella Coola valley and have known some Fredriksens. An aunt of mine was married to an Andrew Fredriksen who's children I grew up with. This was in the late forties and fifties. Andrew must have come to Hagensborg about your date of 1919. His brother was known as Mike and his wife was Magna. would these be the same people? There are two daughters still living and I can pass your enquiry on to one of them if you think these are the same people. One named Ines is from his first marriage and her step sister is Marie. Magna was a second wife he brought out from Norway. I do know that she came from Oslo with one daughter, Marie PeterVivian,can you contact me at e-mail? bergiverson@shaw.ca

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Here is the marriage for Andreas F. in Hagensborg.I cant find his emigration to Canada. RonGroom Name: Andreas L Fredericksen Place Hagensborg Reg. Number:1929-09-365137 Bride Name Thelma Constance Gorden Date:1929 10 5 (Yr/Mo/Day) Event:Marriage

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Andreas Leonard Fredriksen f.7 July 1896 Oldervik Chr.5 Oct 1896 Brother of Johan Marenius. This could be Andreas L. Fredericksen Hagensborg. He could have gone with Johan in 1914? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

With Andreas in 1916 is Olufine Fredriksen I cant find her in Tromsøysund 1900 but maybe she is a cousin?Groom Name:Karl Wilhelm Brink Place Hagensborg Reg. Number:1917-09-183127 Bride Name Olufine P Fredriksen Date:1917 11 8 (Yr/Mo/Day) Event:Marriage

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Olufine Pauline f.12 Sept.1883 Oldervik Fridrik Johannesen og Marie Gabrielsdr. It looks like Olufine was oldest daughter and was not in 1900 Census. This explains why she went with Andreas to Hagensborg.Passage was prepaid so Johan probably paid for the emigration. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.