Gå til innhold
Arkivverket
Gjest Terje Sande

[#49539] Anne Sirene (Vatne) f. 1865 i Eivindvik prgj

Gjest Terje Sande

Prøver en gang til.Har i mellomtiden prøvd flere ganger å finne hun eller noen i reisefølge (Sivert og Andreas Olai) på Ellis Island uten suksess. Spesielt Sivert burde være mulig å finne i flere tellinger (han emigrerte første gang 27.4.1881). Kanskje Anne skulle bli tjenestejente for han i USA?

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Taryn Flolid

I find that in North Dakota, these Sivert Andersons are listed as applying for citizenship. Some of them say 1st, that was their first application. Some of them say 2nd, which means that they had to apply twice, because the paperwork was confusing and they thought they were finished with applying for citizenship, but they hadn't, so they had to start over.This is the searchable website. [url="http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndirs/databases/naturalrec.php>LenkeAnderson, Sivert Norway May 31, 1901 1st Ward D-3 006 Anderson, Sivert Norway December 30, 1907 1st Williams D-5 290 Anderson, Sivert Norway March 30, 1892 1st Barnes D-3 045 Anderson, Sivert Norway May 09, 1884 1st Burleigh D-1 480These were the second tries for two of the men listed above. Anderson, Sivert Norway September 16, 1897 2nd Barnes F-16 170 Anderson, Sivert Norway June 21, 1888 2nd Ward F-23 294Then maybe on the census of 1900, you could try to find Sivert Andersons in these Counties in North Dakota:Ward, Williams, Barnes, and Burleigh counties.Then look for the Sivert Anderson who would be a married farmer, age 43, in March of 1902, when he was back on Norway for a visit.So on the census, look for Sivert Anderson, about age 41 on the 1900 census. If that fails, try the 1910 census.They maybe came into the United States through Quebec?also in Ward County, I find a Naturalization listing (applying for citizenship) for an Andrew Watne. Sometimes Vatne was changed to Watne. The dates could be right for Andreas Vatne who was traveling with them. Watne, Andrew Norway November 13, 1906 1st Ward D-12 111 Watne, Andrew Norway June 05, 1913 2nd Ward P-35 090I also did just a preview search at Ancestry.com on Andrew Watne, and he keeps showing up in Ward County on the censuses, showing he was born about 1884 or 1885, AND in the World War 1 Draft registration, they give his name as Andrew Olai Watne, which is an interesting match for the Andreas Olaj Hansen Vatne on the emigration record from Bergen. So maybe your Anne Sirene also ended up in Ward County, North Dakota. I'd look there first.I hope this isn't a wild good chase.Ward County # Ward County Historical Society c/o Paul P. Robinette, Jr P.O. Box 994 Minot, ND 58702 701-839-0785 wchs@minot.comhttp://wchs.dnsalias.org/wchs/ is the Ward County Historical society website. In Minot North Dakota, where they have the big Høstfest every fall, to celebrate Norwegian heritage.Ward county genealogy website http://www.rootsweb.com/~ndward/County_Data.htmAt the bottom of this page are two lookups volunteers for Ward county.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Terje Sande

Thank you so much Taryn for all this information. Fantastic!I mellomtiden har eg fått bekreftet at (Anne) Sirene Vatne var i live så sent som i 1930. Lenke

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Terje Sande

I have now visited cevral of the sites Taryn listed (once more thank you so much!) and have found at least two interesting pices of information. First Anne Serene seems to have bought a pice of land in Ward county 3.11.1909. ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/nd/ward/land/ward-vz.txt The name is then spelled 'Watne Serene A', and ought to be an indication that she settled there.However, the second pice of information I foud seems to indicate she has moved to Minot [url="http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/zsearch.aspx?ix=ellisisland&qt=l&zln=watne&zfn=serene>Lenke I do not know a lot about ND geography, but it seems that there are three cities with that name in the state and none of them are in Ward county.I have tried to go through some cencus-records for Ward in 1910 without finding any Watne. I have also tried to contact a lookup volunteer at

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Taryn Flolid

As far as the roagk.org website, unfortunately, they made changes, so that when people write to the lookups volunteers, it goes through the website, instead of directly to the volunteers, so sometimes the emails look like spam when they are delivered to the volunteers, and get sent to the junk mail box.The person you were trying to reach is Darwin Kampman, I think. kampmand@minot.comHere is the Ellis Island information:[url="http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=/cgi-bin/tif2gif.exe?T=\\\\192.168.4.227\\IMAGES\\T715-2363\\T715-23630760.TIF&S=.5&pID=100510161011&name=Serene Watne&doa=Aug>Lenke 22, 1914&port=Bergen&line=0014Ludvig (60 år), Serene (50 år) and Barbra (25 år) Watne, they are all three citizens of the united States, and got their citizenship on July 23, 1889, from Ward County, North Dakota. They live in Minot.That citizenship thing is confusing to me, because I thought that the man was the one who applied. So maybe that's when he got his citizenship.They left from Bergen Aug. 15, and landed in New York on Aug. 24, 1914.Citizenship (naturalization) papers search site:Lenkewhen I looked in Ward county for Watne, I did find this Lerene (Serene?) A. Watne applying for first papers.Watne, Lerene, A Norway April 29, 1902 1st Ward D-4 051The Ludvig who got citizenship in 1889 is shown in Ward CountyVatne, Ludvig O Norway July 23, 1889 2nd Ward F-23 301Here is the Ward county query site. If you look at the queries, and then try to see who is answering those queries, maybe you can contact them for help.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Taryn Flolid

You could contact the Ward County North Dakota Historical society, it's located in Minot. Here is their website. http://wchs.dnsalias.org/wchs/WCHS Museum, Historic Village, Archives & Research Center 2005 Burdick Expressway East PO Box 994, Minot, ND 58702 Telephone: 701 839-0785 E-mail: wchs@srt.com Ward County's official historical society

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.