Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#49762] Information on Ingeborg Knutsdatter

Gjest John Ziehr
 Del

Gjest John Ziehr

For many years I have been searching for information on my wife's great grandmother, Ingeborg Knutsdatter. We know that she was born in 1839 and is shown on the 1865 census for Haus in Hordaland,living with her mother and her mother's second husband as well as her son. (Her name is shown incorrectly as Ingebarr Mikkelsd. in that census. There were no records of her after that. Today I searched the parish records for Haus 1871 - 1877 and believe I have found a record of her death. Under death records for 1871 entry 49 appears to be for Ingeborg. I would appreciate it if you would translate all of the information related to that entry. Also, given that the entry is for Haus parish does that mean she would have been buried at the church cemetary there?Thank you very much. John Ziehr jziehr@wildblue.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stig Nyberg

The person you have found in the 1865 census is not the same as you have found in the parish record. But Ingeborg Knudsdr. married to Mons Hanssen on the farm Hannisdal in 1865 is the correct one. She died on August 30th and was buried on September 2nd. She was the farmer's wife at Hannisdal. The official parish book and its copy does not say exactly the same regarding her death. The writing is not easy to interpret, but the official book seems to say about the cause of death: By suicide in mental disorder according to her husband. (Norwegian: Ved selvmord i sindsforvirring efter mandens opgivende) The copy book says: Ended her life by herself by hanging. (Norwegian: Endte sit liv selv ved hengning)Yes, she would normally be buried at the church cemetry, but don't expect to find her grave.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 uker senere...
Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

Here she is in 1865: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=60&filnamn=f61250&gardpostnr=220&personpostnr=1491#nedre>LenkeThe cause of her death: she committed suicide, as Stig said,according to her husband: LenkeChurchbook: LenkeShe was only 32 and 1/2 years old.This may be her birth, n° 41:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It could be Unneland and then this could be Agothe Olsdtr in 1865: LenkeThat would mean she had been married twice before.I find a couple og Agothe Olsdtr from Haus on Family Search.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's Agothe's marriage to Mikkel Arnesen: LenkeBut it may not be the right person as I cannot understand her son is named Andreassen and Ingeborg is named Knutsdtr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Ziehr

I am now a bit confused. In the first Kjellaug message an Ingeborg is shown in the 1865 census on the farm in Hannisdal. In the second Kjellaug message she is shown with her mother Agothe and her son Mikkel (but her last name is shown incorrect). Ingeborg is the daughter of Agothe and Knut and she was born on February 12, 1839.So, how can she be the same person and be shown on two different census's in 1865. Please help me understand.Thank you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It's not the same person! It's not even sure it's the same Agothe, but it could be as I really read 'Unneland' in the churchbook.Ingeborg Knutsdtr was married in 1865, but there's no reason why she shouldn't have a half-sister with the same name. I've often come across siblings with the same name. Even my own grandfather had two brothers (twins) with the same names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Could someone check this link (n° 41) in the churchbook, I think it's written 'afdöde' (diceased) and 'fisker' (fisherman) in front of Knut's name.I found him buried on January 17, 1839: LenkeLook at the top of the first column (left), n° 10: Knut Halvorsen, Unneland.The death date could be January 10, but it's difficult to read. Anyway he must have died one month before Ingeborg's birth, which explains why we don't find him in the 1865 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I cant find Unneland in 1801 in Haus (Hougs), but I find Aandeland. LenkeThere's a Elling Halversen on Aadneland who's old enough to have a son Halver (but I can't find any Halver Ellingsen in Haus in 1801) and this Halver could be Knut's father. This is just a hypothesis, though.Maybe someone could look up Unneland or Aadneland in the bygdebook.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Kjellaug,its possible Mikkel Andreas. is the son of Ingeborg.Agotha would be 53 years old when he is born.Not impossible but unlikely. There were 3 Ingeborgs born in Haus in 1839. John,do you have any of Ingeborgs childrens names? It would make it easier to find the right one.If her father was Knut Halvorsen b.ca.1812 he is the one that Kjellaug found in 1839. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Mikkel Andreasen uekte barn 5 May 1861 Unneland Andreas Andersen Lykkebø & Ingeborg Knudsdtr. So Ingeborg Mikkelsdr is really Knudsdtr and not the daughter of Mikkel Arnesen.Agotha would be Ingeborgs mother who married Mikkel Arnesen in a 2nd marriage.Mikkel A. is the father of Johannes so it appears Mikkel was also a widower. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Knud Halvorsen,27 married Agothe Olsdr Unneland age 32 on 4 June 1838 in Haus. Knuds father was Halvor Knudsen. There is something written about Knud coming to Unneland but I cant read the writing very well. Or where Halvor Knudsen came from.Laav...?? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Mikkel Andreasen was confirmed under Arne sogn in Haus.30 April 1876.No mention of either parent being married or dead.Andreas Andersen & Ingeborg Knudstr. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

When Mikkel Arnesen,63 married Agothe Olsdtr.,47 28 Nov.1854 in Haus they were both widowers. Agothes father was Ole Andersen. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Ziehr

Ron All of the information you have provided is correct. Agothe and Knud are Ingeborg's parents. Ingeborg and Andreas are Mikkel's parents but they were never married. The 1865 census shows Mikkel and Ingeborg living with Agothe and her second husband Mikkel Arnesen.But that still leaves me with the question of what became of Ingeborg after 1865.John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's the link to the marriage mentioned in # 12: Lenke Jeg synest det står Födested Laavehaase i Findö prestegjeld; oppholdsted Unneland i Hougs prestegjeld

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.