Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#49851] OLUFF MOE, 1590/91

Gjest Christian Larsen
 Del

Gjest Christian Larsen

In the Bygdebok for Modalen on page 100, it says this:'1590/1591: I Jordeboki er førd Oluff Moe. Han brukar 1 1/2 L., smør og det her heile garden.'What does this mean? As near as I can tell, there is a book called 'Jordeboki' or 'earthbook' in which Oluff Moe is listed as using some butter. How close am I, and where can I find this Jordeboki (or is this another name for bygdebok, and if so why isn't it in the book I have)?Chris

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

A jordebok was a book listing someones properties. Sometimes it also listed additional information, such as the names of the tenants. A lot of jordebøker (plural of jordebok) have survived, most of them are kept in different archives.This jordebok says that a person named Oluff was tenant at Moe in 1590/1591. He used 1 1/2 laup (a certain amount) butter, which was the whole farm. To 'use butter' must not be taken literally. 1 1/2 laup butter was the fee he had to pay the land owner every year.The farms were graded according to this fee, i.e. to use x laup butter equals to use a farm, which size corresponds to a yearly fee of x laup butter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Christian Larsen

Thanks so much! I was able to determine what 1 1/2 laups of butter was, and knew that he didn't 'use' all that butter himself or it would have killed him! I'm very grateful for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.