Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#49969] Looking for Johnson, K. M., Martha, and John born in Norway

Gjest Ron  Jones
 Del

Gjest Ron  Jones

I am looking for information concerning JOHNSON,K.M. born in 1807, JOHNSON, Martha born in 1840,, and JOHNSON, John born in 1851. All born in Norway and are in the 1860 USA census. Have no idea what the K.M. is.Thank you all,Ron Jones

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

1870, they are in Kendall county, Fox township:K. M. Johnson 41 yrs - farmer - born in NorwayMartha 30 yrs - House Keeper - born in NorwayCaroline J. Johnson 10 yrsChristina Johnson 9 yrsIsabella Johnson 6 yrsAndrew Johnson 4 yrsEdward M. Johnson 2 yrsAlbert O. Johnson 4 months

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

This marriage took place in Fox River Lutheran church in Miller Twp, La Salle Co. .. OR..... in West Lisbon Lutheran Church, Lisbon Twp, Kendall Co:Bride: Shurson Martha - Groom: Johnson Knud - Apr. 4th 1855.Knud M. Johnson and Martha Shurson had the following children in Kendall county.Baptisms in West Lisbon Lutheran Church, Lisbon Twp, Kendall Co:LenkeCaroline Josephine Mar 12 1859 Bapt: May 6 1859Siri Nov 27 1860 Bapt: Jan 20 1861Christine Feb 15 1861 Bapt: Feb 27 1861Isabella [ingeborg] Jul 19 1863 Bapt: Aug 16 1863Edward Mathias Dec 11 1867 Bapt: Dec 15 1867Albert Olaus Jan 30 1870 Bapt: Mar 20 1870

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Census 1860: Knud is 53 yrs (born about 1807)Census 1870: Knud is 41 yrs (born about 1829)Cemetery: Knut is born about 1817.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reidun Søbstad

Martha's age seems to be stable, born in 1839/40. About her patronym, Shurson = Sjursen. The male name Sjur is used mostly in West Norway; Rogaland, Hordaland and Sogn & Fjordane counties. No luck yet searching the passenger lists.R. Søbstad

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

On Ancestry I do find som einteresting information (much of it is correct but NOT that he Married Martha Anderson in 1858. Martha was a Shurson, and they got married in 1855. Look here: # Name: Knute M J (Johnson) Granville# Birth: 17 MAY 1827 in Norway# Death: BEF. 1901 in (see BIO)K. M. J. GRANVILLE, farmer, P. O. Morris, was born in Norway May 17, 1827, son of John and Belle (MULSTER) GRANVILLE. He was born in Norway in 1804 and died in 1857; was County Clerk in his county, and followed the occupation of farmer. His wife was born in Norway in 1806, and died in 1881. Our subject received his education in Norway, and taught school there. He there married his first wife, Carrie KYTHE, by whom he had two children. After his removal to this country, he taught school in Kendall County, Ill., where in 1858, he married his second wife, Martha ANDERSON, who was born in Norway December 16, 1840. She is the mother of nine children, viz., Caroline J., Christina, Isabella, Andrew, Edward, Albert, Malinda Ann, Franklin and Martha. Mr. GRANVILLE taught school in Grundy County, and was afterward School Director. He has been interested in the erection of churches in both Kendall and Grundy Counties, and is a member of the Lutheran Church. Politically, he is a Republican. - History of Grundy County, Illinois, 1882Father: John Granville b: ABT. 1804 in NorwayMother: Belle Muster b: ABT. 1806 in Norway Marriage 1 Carrie Kythe b: in Norway * Married: BEF. 1852 in NorwayChildren: 1. John Granville b: ABT. 1850 in Norway Marriage 2 Martha J Anderson b: 16 DEC 1840 in Norway * Married: 29 SEP 1858 in ???Children:1. Caroline Josephine Granville b: ABT. 1859 in Kendall Township (KENDALL) Illinois2. Christine Granville b: FEB 1861 in Fox Township (KENDALL) Illinois3. Isabella Granville b: ABT. 1864 in Fox Township (KENDALL) Illinois4. Andrew 'Thomas' Granville b: OCT 1865 in Fox Township (KENDALL) Illinois5. Edward M Granville b: DEC 1867 in Fox Township (KENDALL) Illinois6. Albert Olaus Granville b: JAN 1870 in Fox Township (KENDALL) Illinois7. Malinda Granville b: JUN 1874 in Saratoga Township (GRUNDY) Illinois8. Franklin 'Frank' L Granville b: SEP 1876 in Saratoga Township (GRUNDY)Illinois9. Anna Malinda Granville b: ABT. 1879 in Saratoga Township (GRUNDY)Illinois10. Martha Granville b: OCT 1880 in Illinois

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Grundy County IL Archives Biographies.....Granville, K M J May 17, 1827 - ************************************************ Copyright. All rights reserved. [url="http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/copyright.htm>http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/copyright.htm http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/il/ilfiles.htm ************************************************File contributed for use in USGenWeb Archives by: Deb Haines ddhaines@gmail.com February 20, 2006, 8:00 amAuthor: History of Grundy County 1914Granville, K. M. J. (deceased) – Among the old and honored residents of Grundy County who claim Norway as the place of their birth was K. M. J. Granville, of Saratoga Township, whose long and useful career was ended by death, October 1, 1896. For many years he had been connected with the farming industry and for a long period he had also been prominent in political matters, and in every relation of life held the high regard and confidence of his fellow citizens. Mr. Granville was born May 17, 1827, in Norway, and was a son of John and Belle (Mulster) Granville. John Granville was born in Norway in 1808, and for a number of years was county clerk in his native land, and died in 1857, while his wife, born in 1806, passed away in 1881.K. M. J. Granville received good educational advantages in his native land, and was there married to Carrie Kythe, by whom he had two children: John, who is deceased, and another son, who died in infancy. His wife died in 1856, and in that same year Mr. Granville came to the United States, settling first in Chicago and subsequently removing to Lisbon, Ill. There he was married (second) in September, 1858, to Martha Anderson, who was born December 16, 1840, daughter of Ole and Christina (Balstadt) Anderson. Mrs. Granville’s parents came to LaSalle County, Ill., in 1844, and there followed farming six months, but subsequently moved to Newark, Kendall County, where both died. Mr. and Mrs. Granville had the following children: Caroline Josephine, who died December 25, 1891; Mrs. J. J. Bredshall, of Chicago; Isabel, of Chicago; Andrew T., of Saratoga Township; Franklin L., of Saratoga Township; and Edward M., Albert O., Anna Malinda and Martha, all at home.After coming to Illinois, Mr. Granville settled in Kendall County, where he resided until 1873, in that year making removal to Saratoga Township, Grundy County. To his original purchase of eighty acres, Mr. Granville kept adding from time to time until he had 320 acres, on which he continued to farm and raise stock until his death. An able farmer and excellent judge of stock, he was often consulted as to agricultural matters and was ever ready to assist others. For nine and one-half years he served as treasurer of Saratoga Township, holding that office at the time of his demise. He also served six years as assessor and was active in the ranks of the Republican party. For a number of years he taught school in Kendall and Grundy counties, and furthered the cause of religion by helping to build Lutheran Churches in these two counties.Source: History of Grundy County, Illinois, Chicago: Munsell Publishing Co. Publishers; 1914, p819File at: LenkeThis file has been created by a form at

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Jarl Runde

I do belive these peoples came from Voss: Mulster like Mølster farm and Kythe like Kyte farm, both in the parish of Voss.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

The mystery is solved:The name Granville is made from the farm name Grævle in Voss! K. M. Johnson aka Knud M. Granville is born in Voss, Hordaland 1827.[url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/IGI/individual_record.asp?recid=500220148374&lds=1&region=12&regionfriendly=Norway&frompage=99>Lenke He emigrated from Voss in Hordaland, Norway in spring 1856. When he emigrated he brougt his first wife Kari Torstendatter and two sons. His wife Kari and their oldest son died before US census 1860. It is now clear that knud DID remarry Martha Anderson in 1858 in Illinois. (NOT Martha Sjurson in 1855).Knud Johannesen Grævle and his first wife Kari Torstensdatter had a son 'Johannes' in Voss in 1850:Lenke Hordaland fylke, Voss, Ministerialbok nr. A 16 (1849-1863), Fødte og døpte 1851, side 30. LenkeThey also had a second son Thorsten in Voss 1854LenkeHordaland fylke, Voss, Ministerialbok nr. A 16 (1849-1863), Fødte og døpte 1854, side 85. Lenke Emigration from Voss:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Here is the emigration 1856:Kildeinformasjon: Hordaland fylke, Voss, Ministerialbok nr. A 20 (1855-1886), Inn- og utflyttede 1856-1857, side 247. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp
http://www.ullstad.com/vossaboki/grevle.htmBruk 3. Grevle. Det var skilt ut frå bruk 1 i 1826 med 2 pund 19½ mark i skyld og selt til Johannes Knutson Raustad for 700 spd. I handelen fylgde med loftet og ein flor. Nokre av husi skulde båe bruki ha saman, men Johannes bygde nye i staden både heime og på stølen. Han rudde og dyrka dessutan mykje på garden. I sine yngre dagar var han lensmannsdreng.--- side 342 ---Johannes var gift 1827 m. Ingebjørg Mattisdr. Mølster. Elleve born: Knut f. 1827, Mattis f. 1837, Anders f. 1841, Olav, Marta f. 1828, Sigrid f. 1830, Kirsti f. 1836, Ingebjørg f. 1838, Brita, Ingjerd f. 1841, Guro f. 1853. Knut var gift 1851 m. Kari Torsteinsdr. Kyte, var nokre år lærar og reiste so til Amerika. Anders gifte seg 1879 m. Marta Torgeirsdr. Kvåle og kjøpte gard på Hegle. Olav og Brita reiste til Amerika. Marta vart gift 1854 m. Mikkjel Aslakson Veka. Han hadde mange år myln i Rekveselvi, seinare i Rognsfossen og døydde på Grevle, bruk 4. Ingebjørg gifte seg med Knut B. Gjelle i Teigdalen og reiste til Amerika. Kirsti var gift 1863 m. Anders Knutson Kvilekvål, gardmann på Kvilekval og ordførar i Evanger. Ingjerd gifte seg 1874 m. Anders Nilsson Ringheim, husmann på Grevle. Guro vart gift 1879 m. Arnfinn Nilsson Ringheim, ljåsmed og gardmann på Skogstad, Vossastr. Mattis var gift 1870 m. Ingebjørg Larsdr. Skjerve og døydde 1887. Han fekk garden i 1864 for 650 spd. Enkja reiste til Amerika og selde garden til Aslak Mikkjelson Rekve for 4400 kronor. Han var son til mylnaren Mikkjel Rekve og er gift 1877 med Kirsti Torsteinsdr. Seim. Aslak arbeidde i fargeriet på Voss Ullvarefabrikk 1898-1916 og deretter som mylnar i mylni på Skarvet ved Vangen. Sonen Torstein fekk garden i 1904. Han er f. 1883 og g. m. Brita Andersdr. Dolve.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Thanks to all

I want to thank you all for the help in finding K.M., Martha, and John Johnson. Jon Torp you overwhelmed me with your kindness and information.Thank you,Ron Jones

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.