Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50252] Versland, Bjerkreim. Looking for descendants of Lars Olsen Versland b. 1875.

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson
 Del

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson

I would like to find descendants presently living in Norway of the family of Lars Olsen Versland b.1834 in Helleland and Guri Rasmusdatter Lien b.1838. Some of their children were:Ole Martin b.29 June 1863, Sara b.6 Nov 1865, Retius b. 10 Sept 1870, Jonas b.20 Aug 1875 and Gesine b. abt.1881. I am quite sure there were more children. Jonas came to Stoughton, Wisconsin in 1896 and we know of no other family members who immigrated to America. A descendant of Jonas will be traveling to Norway this summer and would like to meet any relatives who might be interested. Thamk you kindly for your time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
Gjest Ellen Wersland

Lars Olsen Versland's father: Ole Torchildson Apeland born October 17. 1802 Mother: Marthe Larsdatter Wersland. He had four sisters: Lise (Des.271832), Inger (Jan.21.1836)stillborn girl, Guri (Nov. 23 1846) and one brother: Torkel (June 24 1840). His grandfather (father's family) was: Torchild Olsen Apeland (March 5, 1775)and he was married to Inger Andersdatter daughter of Anders Ellingson and Anna Carlsdatter at the Svela farm. I hope this can help you. Best Regards, Ellen Werslande

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grete Jøraas

You are looking for descendants presently living - I don't have an answer to that (yet), but I do have some information about the children of Lars and Guri. They had one more child: LISE b. 1872. SARA married only 16 years old to Ludvig Vaule, and had the children Ingebreth b 1881, Kristian b 1883, Lukas b 1895, Lars b 1898 and Bertha b Sept 12, 1900. OLE MARTIN married Abigail Larsdatter Laxesvele (b 1863)Dec 3, 1892. Children: Lukas b 1893, Lars b 1895, Gustav b 1897, Ingeborg b March 2, 1900. RETIUS had his first child before he got married. January 28 1891 a daughter - Talette Teodora - with the widow Berte Tollefdatter Versland b 1857 (!) The same year Nov 14th he married Ingeborg Andine Asbjørnsdatter Varp b 1871. They had a son - Lars - March -92, and a doughter Jan -95, Hanna Alida. While married he got Oct 14 -97, a daughter Therese with Gurine Torkildsdatter Abeland. He became a widower and married again Oct 9, 1902 with Sofia Ingebretsdatter. LISE married Nov 11 1891 (three days before Retius got married the first time, and when he got married Lise was both his sister and mother in law!)Lise married the widower Asbjørn Olsen Varp b 1843. I haven't found any children with them. GESINE married Dec 3, 1902 to Johan Olsen Tengesdal. This is all I have by now. It looks like a huge family so I assume Jonas descendants in USA have lots of family in Norway. I hope this is of any help for you. vennlig hilsen Grete

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.