Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50460] Ellen Torine Søiland birth; 1892 or 1903?

Gjest John Knudsen
 Del

Gjest John Knudsen

I'm seeking to confirm birth information for Ellen Torine Søiland. Her birth is listed in Bygedebok for Avaldsnes I side 437 as 1892, and in Norges Bebyggelse side 1186 as 03/07/1903.I've searched Avaldsnes parish registers for 1892 and 1903 without success. I have also searched for the marriage of her father, Omund Johan Olsen Søiland, and mother, Elen Torine Nilsdatter, both in Avaldsnes (her birthplace), and in Hå (his birthplace). The marriage, noted as his second, is listed in Bygedebok for Avaldsnes I side 437 as 1894. Their daughter, Målfrid Junette Søyland, was baptised at 2/11/1919 Avaldsnes. The parish register notes Ellen Torine's birth year as 1903.When, and where, were Omund Johan Olsen Søiland and Elen Torine Nilsdatter married? When, and where, was Ellen Torine Søyland born?Thanks for your assistance.Best, JK

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

Elen Torine born 1903, married Urbanus Knutsen. They have three children, Målfrid b.1919, Knut Johan b.1927 and Tor Magne b.1942. I received this information from a friend in Denmark. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

Ellen Torine was born i Brooklyn in 1903 and her husband Urbanus Knutsen Vorre was born in Montana in 1892! They married in Avaldsnes Juli 5th 1919, shortly before Målfrid Jonette was born. Ellen Torine was only 16 years of age.[url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1720&idx_id=1720&uid=ny&idx_side=-165>Lenke Nr 8

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bakketun

I looked at www.ellisisland.org and find that Urbanus had been to USA in 1910, 1917 and 1920. He is a married man when he came to New York in 1920.Marianne Bakketun

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

You can send an email to marit.l@webspeed.dk She know much about the family. She lived in Denmark and allowed me to send her mailadress. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Knudsen

Marianne: Thanks for the links. I needed to look in my archives. Elen Torine Olsen's birth is recorded 3 July, 1903 in the New York City Municipal Archives. Her parents, known here as John and Elen Torine Olsen, lived at 37 Summit Street, Brooklyn.John Arthur: Thanks for the reference. That Marit know's much about the family is cetainly an understatement! She's related to them, and to me.Thanks again.Best, JK

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.