Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50474] Request English Transcription of 1859 Marriage Record

Gjest Dell Quick
 Del

Gjest Dell Quick

About a week ago I learned of your wonderful Internet site. I have found several entries that pertain to my family. My most recent discovery was the marriage record of my grandfather's parents, but I do not know how to read Norwegian, so I do not fully understand the entry. Would you be able to send me the English transcription for the entry? The record is in the Digitised parish registers, Hordaland, Hamre / Hamre parish, 1852-1863, page 127, entry 10, marriage in 1859 of Mons Johannesen [of] nordre Reistad & Kari Larsdtr. [of] sondre Reistad. I want to know the meaning of all their entry (a dozen columns) & the column headings. Yours truly, Dell Quick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Here is from the vicars book(some of it was easier to read): LenkeNow I have to made my childrens breakfast, but if no-one have translated it before I`m back, I`ll do :-)Kind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

1st column: The date of the wedding2nd column: The bridegroom's birthplace and residence3rd column: the bride's birthplace4th c.: their age5th c.: The name of the bridegroom's father (Johannes Monsson Birkeland)6th column: The name of the bride's father: (Lars Endresen Reistad)7th column: the witnesses' names and residence8th c.: The dates of the banns9th c.: The names of those who gave notice of the banns10th c.:If there have been no banns11th c.: When did they have natural chickenpox or when was the vaccination inoculated12th c.: Is the bridegroom a civil servant or does he get a pension or 'bartpenger' (I have no idea what that means)13th c.: Had they been married before and if so how did the the marriage end? Was there an official probate?I think you'll get the meaning of it now.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.