Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50499] Request Detail in 1859 marriage record

Gjest Dell Quick
 Del

Gjest Dell Quick

Thank you Marian Stokken and Kjellaug Robberstad Petit for your help so far. (See Topic 50474.)In the same record, the bridegroom's birthplace and residence are of particular interest to me. I do not fully understand the entry, which looks like it says:'Roveim Hougi Sup Off. Reistad'I would appreciate a better reading and English meaning of it.(The record is in the Digitised parish registers, Hordaland, Hamre / Hamre parish, 1852-1863, page 127, entry 10, marriage in 1859 of Mons Johannesen [of] nordre Reistad & Kari Larsdtr. [of] sondre Reistad. It is also shown in a vicar's book, but I do not know the source for that other than the topic 50474.)Yours truly,Dell Quick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Langås

Link to the record: LenkeI read this as 'Reveim i Haus Præstegjeld. - Reistad'. This means he's born at Reveim (Haus parish), but lives at Reistad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hello Dell. It is not needed to start a new debate, for every answere.You just click on the pencil under the last answere, and write what you want, and that is all.Here is the link to the debate you started yesterday: LenkeKind regards Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dell Quick

Thank you, thank you, Arne and Mariann. With Arne's translation, I have found the birth record of Mons Johannnesen at Haus parish, 1827-1838, page 65 entry 154, year: 1834. I read part of the parents column as '__?__ Johannes Monsen og Britte (?) Nielsdatter _?_ __?__ _?_ __?__ __?__ _?_ ___?___ Reveim'.As you can see there are many details in this entry that I do not understand. What does it say?Sincerely,Dell Quick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Jordeier Johannes Monsen og Brithe/Britha Nielsdatter fra .......sund til Haus prestegjeld? som gaardkone?Translated:Landowner Johannes Monsen and Brithe/Britha Nielsdatter from A(?)....sund to Haus prestegjeld as a farmers wife? Revem(Revheim) I am not sure about the words just before Revem.Hope this help a little, at least :-)Kind regards mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Landowner(jordeier) Johannes Monsen and Brithe Nielsdt f... ... (huusværelse) living at the farm Revem. Witnesses: Niels Nielsen Kleveland, Knud Monsen Birkeland, Johannes Nielsen Haugs, Kari Johannesdt. Revem (the same farm as the parents?), Magdeli Rasmusdt. ibid.Name of farm in 1865 Reveim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dell Quick

I am satisfied and very grateful to everyone who has responded to my questions. Now I will take what you have given and see if I can trace more of my genealogy. (Maybe more questions will arise, if I am lucky.)Your generosity is heart-warming. Thank you all very much!Sincerely, Dell Quick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.