Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#50620] Eli Johannesdatter Wake

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can anyone help me find information about Eli Johannesdatter Wake, my husband's 5th g-grandmother. According to her first marriage record (1744 to Reinert Olsen Neerviig), she was from Killesvig in Ølen. In 1746, she married Elias Thorsen Wake (my husband's ancestor). Elias died in 1755. In 1756, she married Niels Olsen Næsheim. Niels remarried in June 1766. So, I thought Eli probably died about 1765. I have looked at the Fjelberg parish records from 1760-1766, and cannot find a record of her death -- but they are difficult to read and maybe I missed it...Any information about her would be appreciated -- birth year, parents names, date of death...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

Eli was daughter of Johannes Johanneson Kjellesvik, Fjelberg, Hordaland b.1687 - ? and Ingeborg Pedersdtr.Blikra, Vats, Rogaland b.?,d.1760. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei JohanThank you for this. Do you have any information about when Eli was born or when she died?Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry, there is no information about her birth or when she died in the 'Ølen bygdebok' Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

According to FS Niels and Eli bapt. a son Elias 2/9 1760.(Elias died 21/4 1829) At least Eli was alive in 1760. Most of 1760 seems to be missing in the churchbook.I have not found Eli dead 1856-66

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Johan & BeritI had assumed that since Nils Olsen Næsheim remarried in 1766 -- Eli probably died right before that. Do you think there might be any more information about her in Elias Thorsen's probate record?In the Ølen bygdebok, is there any mention of her at Wake or Kjellasvik?About Elias Nielsen -- are you sure he is the son of Niels Olsen & Eli Johannesdatter? I ask this, because the parish record shows Niels at Houge. And in 1766, when he remarried Agaate Larsd Træet, he is shown as Niels Olsen Wache.Again, many thanks to you both! Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Niels Hauge and Niels Wake is the same person. Niels was born in Vaag, Skjold, Rogaland and lived also in Hauge and Wake. Nils and Eli lived (they were cousins) in Espeland, Fjelberg from about 1757. They have three children: Eli b.1757, Aasa b. 1758 d.(young) and Elias born 1760. Ølen bygdebok II, page 117, nr. 8 If you send an email to (jo dot art et online dot no) I have more information about ancestors. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei JohanThank you for explaining. I was confused! If you have more information about the ancestors of Eli Johannesdatter, I would appreciate that very much. I'm not sure if I need information about Niels. If they were cousins, it may be useful...My email is anp4749@sympatico.caHilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found this burial record. See link: LenkeCan someone take a look at this and let me know if this is Eli Johannesdatter and husband Niels Olsen? It looks to me like they both died on the same day (6 Jun 1799)??? But I don't see a farm name. Eli was 77 1/2 and Niels was 77. Am I reading this correctly?Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei ArnfridI did not see Niels Olsen at Nordhus in 1777. Also, on the page of the scanned register (see my link above) is a reference to Eli 'Jonasd.' 77 1/2 years. I wonder if this Eli & Niels are the same people at Espeland in 1777...Does the entry in the burial register state that Eli AND Niels have died?I appreciate the help...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

Fordi som måtte ha bruk for disse opplysningenë, døde Eli på Skastad i Skåre sokn i Torvastad (næværende Haugesund)og ble gravlagt 23.1.1803. Nils døde også på Skastad og ble gravlagt 25.10.1817. De bodde hos sønnen Elias Nilson. Mvh. Johan Arthur hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

So, now I have a rough idea of Eli's birth year. If she was 86 in January 1803, that puts her year of birth at about 1716-1717.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.